• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What MTV said about RE4

Darlinny49

Like the undead themselves, modern zombie movies keep coming and coming. Get ready for at least one more, Paul W.S. Anderson told MTV News.

Well, maybe.

“Resident Evil: Extinction,” the third video-game to big screen adaptation in the popular series will likely not be the last, Anderson said, although talks for a fourth film are still in the very earliest stages of development.

“I’m just starting to talk to Sony about it,” Anderson confessed. “I don’t even know if anything will come of it, but there’s a possibility it might happen.”

It would seem like a sure thing given the ending of “Extinction,” which saw Alice (Milla Jovovich) beside herself with rage — literally, thanks to hundreds of perfect clones - promising to travel to the Umbrella Corporation’s headquarters in Japan. But Anderson, who scripted the first three films, says a concrete story hasn’t yet been decided upon. In fact, it’s coming up with a plausible, kick-ass story that’s momentarily holding him up.

“I love the ‘Resident Evil’ franchise and we always try to make the best possible movie we can. If we could find a good ‘Resident Evil 4’ to make, then we would do it,” he said. “But I wouldn’t just do it for the sake of it, that’s for sure.”

So now we’re throwing it out to you: Think “Resident Evil 4” should be made? And, if so, tell us what you think the story should be. Sound off below.

Darlinny49

Well anything is better then the last one :p, maybe they can bring out what I call the Helter Skelter of tyrants, The first one in the second video game, I never had a problem with zombies at all, Also maybe in the movie they can act more like the video games, well thats just me what do u think? :-*

RE_luver69

maybe well in tha first place i think they should have made tha movies based directly from tha game but yet again it might have not gotten as many sales because it would be something people have already seen...hell idk!!

i really am stumped...lol :D

Darlinny49

Very true, It might get boring watching Jill look for a heart-shaped key for an hour LMAO

I think I'm going to play RE code veronica YAY.

RE_luver69

the only re games i own is re0 and re4 i did have re3 but i had to sell it to get re4 lol i am low on money.........but when i get a job...capcom is going to be getting ****in great sales cuz i am buying every resident evil they made unless its for da computer or someones fone!!!!!!!! :D

Darlinny49

You know I had all the games then you know what happened, my niece and nephew destroyed most of them by scratching the bottoms darn kids :)

RE_luver69

lol yea dem little boogers get into everthing...lol well...when and if i get a job soon i might buy an xbox 360 for RE5 mainly.....ill get other games but...BUT...i will most deff be on da petition to bring RE5 to da wii....because i will still own one......i think they should like make all of tha characters meet in a specfic area of the world and then they can plot the destruction of wesker and his goons...leon...claire....chris...jill...(carlos died :().....the main characters anyway...or like that guy Trent that is in tha books....who tha hell is this guy anywayzz.lol

have you read any of tha books?

Darlinny49

Actually I haven't, but I plan on getting some, hey it's not easy working and still having no money LOL NY SUXS, Anyway have you heard of the game Fatal Frame?

RE_luver69

[quote author=Darlinny49 link=topic=384.msg9843#msg9843 date=1215793296]
Actually I haven't, but I plan on getting some, hey it's not easy working and still having no money LOL NY SUXS, Anyway have you heard of the game Fatal Frame?
[/quote]
yea i know how you feel about having no money....lol i hate it!!!
yea i have heard of it i have never played it! :)

RE_luver69

[quote author=Leon S. Kennedy link=topic=384.msg9878#msg9878 date=1215837518]
they should keep making resident evil movies
[/quote]

i totally agree!!

JillValentine1974

"If" only they'll make a RE:4, I do wish that it would be entitled as: Resident Evil: All STARS... why? here's my possible reason why:

1) Some of the Main characters in the original game series didn't showed up in the three movies and a lot of the RE fans love to see their favorite characters; and the more painful is that most of them are the important characters, playing the important role.

Want me to enumerate them?

sure!

Chris Redfield
Albert Wesker
Leon S. Kennedy
Rebecca Chambers
Ada Wong
Ling Fong
Shiva Alomar

And also, "if" they'll make a RE:4 movie, I also wanna suggest that they'd better get rid of the Zombies and replace them with Ganados

3d-agent

There is definitely going to be 4th RE movie, but they are going to continue the story of the Character Alice, which only appeared in Movies not in any game or novel.
So basically they are going to continue the Movie story in the 4th part, and Milla Jovovich will play that character as she did in 1st three movies.

So u just cant hope for game like or related story in the movie.

ResiDude

[quote author=3d-agent link=topic=384.msg19419#msg19419 date=1230851188]
There is definitely going to be 4th RE movie, but they are going to continue the story of the Character Alice, which only appeared in Movies not in any game or novel.
So basically they are going to continue the Movie story in the 4th part, and Milla Jovovich will play that character as she did in 1st three movies.

So u just cant hope for game like or related story in the movie.
[/quote]

You can... Doesn't mean you'll get it though lol.

The next film is called Afterlife.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
A film about RE4 would be awesome Only if the story line stuck to the game, an sod it the film would be action packed all the way through like that film CRANK, a film just like the game with all the boss fights filmed haha would be so cool! imagine the merchant WELCOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

We can certainly dream lool...

Trinity

I'll say this for the 10000000000000 time... I wish that they would
make movies based on the seven novels,because they're great :)

Hoady

[quote author=Trinity link=topic=384.msg22015#msg22015 date=1233779695]
I'll say this for the 10000000000000 time... I wish that they would
make movies based on the seven novels,because they're great :)
[/quote]

Are the novels based on the games at all?

Top Bottom