• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 What Language did they speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_zero

yes it is spanish i watched the making of RE4 and they said they wanted something new and decided to have them speak spanish. ;)

dark_zero

lol i thought that too when i was playing it but than i realized the money was pesos and thats spanish than i knew lol.

Sephiroxas

Why would they speak german in spain? That's silly.

First peso
The peso was initially the name of the eight-real coins issued in Mexico by Spain. These were the so-called Spanish dollars or pieces of eight in wide circulation in the Americas and Asia from the height of the Spanish Empire until the early 19th century. After Mexico gained its independence in 1821, the new government continued the Spanish monetary system of 16 silver reales = 1 gold escudo, with the peso of 8 reales the largest silver coin. Paper money was also issued, denominated in pesos.

ResidentEvil179

Did not realize it was in spain. And it was funny to because when they all went to go to the church my friend translated and they all said "it's time to pray" i thought that was funny

RE4

It's 100% in spanish. The game takes place in Madrid which is a spanish speaking place in Spain.

dark_zero

:D yep i like it though brings a different look to the world something dark and creepy yet excting at the same time :-[

RE4

[quote author=dark_zero link=topic=190.msg3665#msg3665 date=1200944322]
:D yep i like it though brings a different look to the world something dark and creepy yet excting at the same time :-[
[/quote]

True.

Sephiroxas

[quote author=RE4 link=topic=190.msg3657#msg3657 date=1200943856]
It's 100% in spanish. The game takes place in Madrid which is a spanish speaking place in Spain.
[/quote]
I still would like to know where you get your information of Madrid. No where in any of the games Text/dialogue do they say that they're in madrid.

RE4

[quote author=Sephiroxas link=topic=190.msg3685#msg3685 date=1200947187]
I still would like to know where you get your information of Madrid. No where in any of the games Text/dialogue do they say that they're in madrid.
[/quote]

Saddler mentioned it to Leon at their first encounter.

Sephiroxas

[quote author=RE4 link=topic=190.msg3692#msg3692 date=1200948314]
Saddler mentioned it to Leon at their first encounter.
[/quote]

I remember Louis Being a cop from madrid. I just found a script for the game, and there's only ONE instance of the word MADRID and that's what louis says.

SERA: Me llamo Luis Sera. I used to be a cop in Madrid. Now I'm
just a good-for-nothing guy, who happens to be quite the ladies'
man.

Script - Resident Evil 4

RE4

[quote author=Sephiroxas link=topic=190.msg3698#msg3698 date=1200948510]

I remember Louis Being a cop from madrid. I just found a script for the game, and there's only ONE instance of the word MADRID and that's what louis says.

Script - Resident Evil 4
[/quote]

Correct, it was Luis. So, with him saying that don't you think RE4 takes place in Madrid since h's been working for Saddler for a while.

Sephiroxas

[quote author=RE4 link=topic=190.msg3706#msg3706 date=1200949685]
Correct, it was Luis. So, with him saying that don't you think RE4 takes place in Madrid since h's been working for Saddler for a while.
[/quote]
No because he said he used to work in Madrid. If they were IN madrid I would assume he'd say "I used to be a cop HERE"

RE4

[quote author=Sephiroxas link=topic=190.msg3716#msg3716 date=1200950431]
No because he said he used to work in Madrid. If they were IN madrid I would assume he'd say "I used to be a cop HERE"
[/quote]

Ummm.. yah ok. I s where you're coming from. So th location of R4 is unknown but our best guess would b Madrid.

RE4

Ok. I found out that the location is actually in EUROPE. If you open up the instruction booklet and look on pg. 6 and read Leon's description, it says he was sent to EUROPE to save the President's daughter (Ashley).

RE4

[quote author=ResidentEvil179 link=topic=190.msg3764#msg3764 date=1200958738]
But we don't know where in Europe? :-\
[/quote]

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom