• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your favorite RE game?

leapyear29

i love RE4 but I hardly consider it a RE, I'm an old school RE fan and have been playing since RE1's launch day..the rest are extremely lame due to story/setting/enemies..

Leon S. Kennedy

Resident Evil 4.

If only for the improvement in aiming. I enjoyed the game much more than other Resident Evil titles when it comes to aiming, of course. Storyline wasn't bad either.

Dimera

4 by miles, its just a much longer game than 5. the ps2 version goes on forever when you include the extras....which is why ive completed it 22 times

StarsiderdotSajun

Code Veronica hands down, still has the best story to this day, though the RE 1 remake is very close behind, both in story and most importantly gameplay.

gawyn

Code Veronica.
But to be honest they are all good.
RE4 brought a new level to the game series, and RE5 in co-op mode with a good friend who is also a RE fan is great.

ersico

i love re4 for wii...i cant stop!!! i like the looks of the others up to then but since i started with 4 im spoiled with free roaming around...i cant get the hang of not being able to explore ....and the re5 for ps3 is just fun with unlocked unlimited shotgun ammo

Mr Sunshine

I haven't played RE4. All I know is that RE4 has an over the shoulder camera instead of fixed third person camera angles. Also I don't think that in RE4 there is an auto-aim option. In fact I would say a "no" to your question.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
Fallen is correct. The aiming style in RE0, RE1, RE2, RE3, and RE:CV are the same. The camera is set to fixed spots some where in the room, which doesn't allow you to aim for specific spots on an enemy.

RE4 and RE5 are different from the rest because it's camera is set to show over the shoulder of the character; therefore, allowing you to aim at specific points on the body of an enemy.

T-Virus Injected

Favorite is definitely RE 2. RE 1 was the first one I ever played though. I don't think there is even a "bad" RE game aside from the ones that stray outside the main series and storyline like File 1 and 2.

I may be alone on this but what keeps my from having RE 4 and 5 in my top favorite RE games is the whole chapter aspect. I just always thought it broke up the game and I liked to just play continuously. I also missed the fact when ink ribbons weren't infinite.

Don't get me wrong RE 4 and 5 are amazing games just they could have done things to make them better as with all of the games as well.

Top Bottom