• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 What do you think of RE Revelations ?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I just beat the game, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
It really took me back. Proof that CAPCOM can still pull off good survival horror.

As far as story, It seemed like it made RE5 look empty, but I don't really blame them for that, they seemed to have tried their best.

A bit of a shame they couldn't have included Wesker, but that probably would have really screwed up RE5's storyline, so it's all good.

The graphics were really great. They surprised me a bit considering that this was a port.

It was pretty scary. It wasn't like Silent Hill or anything, but I definitely jumped more than a few times, and let out a bit of a scream a couple.

Gameplay was awesome. Definitely a step up from RE5's.

Can't wait to get into some Raid Mode with some others :)

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Revelations is definitely my favourite since 4. In fact, Revelations has a leg up on 4 in a couple of places, like strafing; a much better knifing mechanic; and, as much as I like Mr. Merchant, a more appropriate gun upgrading system (fans of RE3: Nemesis who actually get the gun upgrades will recognize this). Plus, some of these Oozes look and act like Regenerators which is always a good/terrible thing.

Something that ****ed me off though was that while I was immersed in Jill's campaign, the game would take breaks, with bland set pieces and Kill-all-the-enemies-to-proceed Syndrome and let me go back to playing as Jill PLEASE!

Last edited:

sleepercell4536

yes creepy dark i have been playing this game everday for the last 9 months in rade mode more than 330 hours and a purple player its just so much fun in co_op helping people and makeing new friends i have tryed playing re5 and 6 but its not the same yeh i can do racoom city the killing in that game is great so many to kill

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
I finished this RE few months ago, and what can I say... I think I'm a kinda weird guy, because I don't like this game, really. Yes, fine, Capcom didn't overload game with action, but it's still RE with controls based on RE4, no static cameras, so I couldn't feel atmosphere of fear... Ok, I wrote that I don't like this game, so it's time for explain my point of view.

First- The Ship. Some people says that running in those corridors is like wandering in Spencer's Mansion. Really? In Mansion we didn't have so ugly, made in one style rooms (or corridors, kept in one color, or guests rooms, all in the same style). Yeah, Main Hall impressed me, but... only this room, I think. It's hard to say for me about other impressive rooms. Also, I should say about map, which one is hard to read and practically didn't help me in game (yes, I know, Ship had many levels, but terrible map in 3D wasn't the best idea). It's easy to get lost, and wandering without target could be boring...

Second- enemies and bosses. I know, new virus, new mutations, and enemies are really wall-designed. But for Silent Hill, not RE. Slow as zombies, it is good, but not too many kinds (from other side, too many kinds like Javo in RE6 are also not good). Return of Hunters could be good but... they are invisible, so it could be a really annoying. Novistadors in RE4 were invisible as well, but fight with wasn't so bad. And bosses? Annoying Rachel (or however she's named), something based on Excella's mutation from RE5, or totally pesky "Tyrant-like-a" last boss... Really, illusion abilities after virus injection? In RE, bosses were always, hm, focused on physical attacks, and this guy shooting non-material clones like David Copperfield- for me it is embarrassing. Also fighting itself getting bored. Not counting single enemies in corridors, we can always be sure that if you find bigger location, you'll be busy to fighting in this, and only this location with new waves of enemies for some time.

Third- story. Not good, not bad. Just normal. I see that creators tried to put something new into game, and that's for good. But this damn jumping between characters, thanks to this I cannot get into story properly, and reminders before chapters like in soap opera: "in last episode you saw..." And totally unnecessary thread of those two soldiers, Quint and this other guy- typical prolong of game, I didn't liked those guys, and there was no fun for me in those chapters... And we have typical idiotic actions, where 'face palm' is not enough. Except Jessica and Chris (with broken leg, after falling, and magically cured in one second by Jessica), there was one more stupid action: Man, which one we can consider as a main bad guy, is in the front of our characters and he want to tell us a big secret like a "who, why, and for how much". But then, coming second duo of our heroes, and Jessica, without a thought, just shooting to him and almost kill him, and for answer "why you doing this?" she answered: "because I thought that he threatened ours". Really, Capcom, well-trained and calm agent coming into room and shooting to first person in her sight?
Fourth- Genesis. I would like to hit in the head someone who came up with idea to put something like that into game! Once, some enemies need to be scanned before killing, two, if we want to get even a little bit ammo, we need to scan all rooms, which takes a lot of time. I wanted to stop using this junk, but I needed ammo (and guns eating ammo very well, like never before in RE). And, if we talking about guns, carrying only three at the time is ridiculous, the same as upgrade system like some RPG games- spent pesetas in RE4 was far more better idea...

But, there are also some good things in game. Raid mode, I had a lot of fun with it, I must admit it. However, I don't like this game, and, o gosh, I had a more fun during gameplay in Operation Raccoon City...

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I didn't like Revelations at all... Because of its atmosphere and chapters. I myself hate if plot is somewhere on the ocean. I find it interesting if it's somewhere in the suburbs like City streets and that...you know. And also if zombies are normal just like the ones from older Resident Evil series (O,Re,1,2,3,4)

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
maestro is not easily fooled by capcom like some others
thumbs up from me

Well, it's not only about 'being fooled or not' ;). I really like Capcom games, even RE Gun Survivor (gave me much more fun and 'fear' than this, by the way ;) ), but everyone sometimes should look on games with more criticism :)

weskerondope

i agree, i find myself the last few years critizising resident evil series more than praising them
which was not the case 10 years ago

im fine with them releasing new games that kinda suck, but im not fine with them making games like for instance
resident evil zero 64, 1.5, 3.5 and then never releasing them cause they are not "up to standards"
how do they have to balls to talk about whats "up to standards" when they greenlighted and published opperation racoon city? thats not caring about standards, that is being money grabbing hypocrites

if i was some kind of capcom boss or something i would have made a better use of these betas
for instance re zero 64 could have landed on nintendo ds instead of the port of re1
re 3,5 could have turned into a side game somehow, if we remove maybe leon and add someone else

sure i would have probably run the company to the ground but at least then capcom would have died with pride instead of living with shame

and yeah i think the first gun survivor is kinda cool really, way way waaaay better than the new games, which is kinda pathetic really since its a side game for ps1, but at least it did feel a lot like resident evil in every single way, the creepy enviroments telling us stories of despair and making us question what went on there, not to mention the eerie music
wish they would have had typewriters in the game cause i dont like to play for long passes

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
I read about Resident Evil 3.5, and saw some trailers, this project was really cool. But I also read that Capcom, asked by fans about RE 3.5 said this game was canceled and not exist now. I can believe that they made game in 90%, and didn't want to publish it, but I will not believe that someone just deleted this game from archives, servers etc. without any good reason for doing that.

And, come on RE ORC wasn't so bad, I had lot of fun by playing, of course this game had a lot of errors etc. but it's still a good game ;)

weskerondope

yeah capcom probably has the betas somewhere i suppose, unless they are insane of course and actually did delete them

i didnt have any fun at all with orc, never played it online however, re6 entertained me first time i played it, and little bit second before i got bored but orc never really did, not the worst resident evil game by any means but not far from it if you ask me, maybe if they had included splitscreen i would have appriciated it more, and maybe even the full game on the disc instead of half game on disc and half on dlc

TJay

Premium
I unfortunately didn't get to finish the game when I got it/when I last posted here due to being unwell. I picked it back up & finished it a couple of months ago though. It really was a very good game. I stand by my original praise & would like to add that I thought the final boss fight was superb.

For anybody who might be hesitant to get this game, I highly recommend you do :).

ArabPikachu

I liked REvelations for the most part

Switching between Jill and Chris reminded me of how Dino Crisis 2 had the player switch between Regina/Dylan

Masterteo89_

I will be honest... i had very little hope about this game, i thought it was like RE 4 or 5, that i don't like.

How i was wrong! This game was a nice surprise for me, very good. I'm at episode 9, so near the ending i guess.

It is similar to RE 4 and 5 in gameplay, but somehow better...can't explain how. Only complaint are a few things.

1- Ooze's. I don't like how they are designed.

2- Scaghead boss. I'm playing on normal , i'm at episode 9, and i died only 6 times. Guess where ? Against that guy. And not because the fight is hard, but because of the cheap infinite spam of random Oozes all around the level. All in all, against the Comm officer you don't need skill you need luck. ( He never killed me, the Oozes did that all the 6 times ).

Yes, infinite spam of Oozes and your partner that becomes useless = cheap boss fight. Annoying.

3- enemyes that instant kill you placed in small corridors, meaning that you can't dodge but must hope that in the few seconds you have you can kill the monster before he insta-kill you.

Things i like :

All that i did not mention in things i did not like. Most of all, i like the mechanics of the weapons with x number of slots where you can put custom parts. It makes the game more interesting.

----------------------------------- I play on Normal -------------------------------------

On a side note, i read that a lot of players use the handgun...

I'm doing all the game with rifle , machine gun and magnum. Before i could get the magnum i had the shotgun.

I mean, who needs a shotgun or a handgun ?

My rifle is upped with the right things : like 100% daze, a lot of plus damage... i can kill almost anything with it. A shot betwheen the eyes and a Hunter is down, for example. And with good fire rate i can use it even whith enemyes in close range.

Machine gun is upped with critical, damage, etc etc... it's strong and i use it only to kill stronger enemyes on close range. Because high upped damage + upped critical chance + a lot of bullet shot per second = lifesaver weapon.

Magnum...i always keep it with me, i never use it. It's the bonus to save the day.

That said, rifle is my handgun. Machine gun is my shotgun. These 2 weapons are all i really need. The third slot, is useless to me, because as i said i keep a magnum always with me but i never use it.

BioHunk

Revelations is one of the best side-story games in the series, if not THE best. It was more like 4, and had a very addictive Merc mode. When it was first released on 3DS, I played it to death. As a 3DS game, especially for its time, it really showed off what the system could push out in terms of graphical power and 3D effect. Once the console versions came out, I got it on Wii U and still had a pretty good time, but I think by that point I had played the 3DS one so much that I didn't give nearly the same attention to the console version.

Sackboy123

Lovely Claire Redfield
Revelations is the best spin off ever, it's been the best Resident evil I've played since RE4, it has nice atmosphere and actually feels like a survival horror game, now that we have had Rev2, which was hell of a lot better and an improvement, I really hope Capcom carries on with this series :D

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
I've only just got the game on PS3 today, only had the chance to play the first chapter so far, so I can't say for sure what I think of it. I'm gonna play it more over the next few days, then post my verdict.

I've only just got the game on PS3 today, only had the chance to play the first chapter so far, so I can't say for sure what I think of it. I'm gonna play it more over the next few days, then post my verdict.
Keep in mind the game was originally on the Nintendo 3DS. So it wont be a perfect game from a technical standpoint. Great game overall

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I enjoyed Revelations enough to the point where I made an account on this forum to discuss. I liked that they were really going back to some of the older gameplay (less action, more horror) - but I felt some parts of the games were a little juvenile.

Good - I really liked the enemies. Some seemed a little ridiculous (the ooze that shot bones out of their crossbow arms) but I liked the variety and being able to have to change my tactics based on the specific enemy. I really liked the design of the oozes and some of the other enemies. The story was alright, but where they really went right was the use of a grand location with places you could return to and figure out puzzles. I suppose they could have made the ship a little larger rather than have us return to the same places over and over, but it did have a mansion or Raccoon Police Department feel because of this. The bosses were good and memorable. I had a difficult time with the first Scagdead and Rachel. Jack Norman was difficult, but not overly difficult. His design was amazing. The only issue I had with him was his teleporting. It seemed really out of place and too magical. But it did keep me refreshed and wondering what he would do next.

Bad - Jessica's outfit on the ship. Yikes. The dogs and hunters weren't very creative. In the Terra Grigia sections, the hunters were the only enemy. It got too redundant. When you first control Chris, the dogs were the only enemy. These sections seemed stale. The battle with Rachel was great, but it was too similar to the fight with the first Scagdead as in having so many enemies bombard you at once. It made strategizing difficult which was fun, but didn't gloss over the fact I already did this battle an hour ago. Keith and Quint were unnecessary characters. I liked the second chapter with them, but I could've skipped their stoyr altogether. They looked weird and had very cliche dialogue.

UGLY - I played this on the PS Now - which if you don't know is a system where you can rent or download games from the PS4 for free if you pay a 20 monthly subscription fee. It runs an emulator which runs so damn slow sometimes, you have to run away from enemies, because when the games catches up to itself, you'll be dead. It as especially laggy during the Jack Norman T-Abyss Tyrant battle which made aiming for his heart all but impossible without the shotgun. I wasted all my Lightning Hawk ammo with close misses. Luckily, my shotgun had the 80% damage modifier on it, so after 5 deaths, I finally beat it. None of this is the fault of the gae, but it severely effected the way I played the game.

But overall, I would give the game high marks (maybe a B+) and tell the creators to take the game a little more seriously next time--- I'm looking at you Quint!

Top Bottom