• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 What do you think of RE Revelations ?

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
hmmm after some 'googling' i find a few others asking about it, and it seems they took out the laser sight for console. Strange because everyone loves a laser. I liked when we could see our team mates lasers too, in re5, so you know where they are aiming

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
What's so great about the laser pointer? I'm used to the crosshair since RE5, tried RE6 once with the laser instead, but didn't like it. :confused:

i find it amuzing *in a good way* and cute you call Raid mode = rape mode, at first i thought it was a typo but since i've seen you say rape instead of raid....when mentioning raid mode, i have noticed that you say rape instead of raid....coming to conclusion you are really calling raid mode = rape mode

It's all Chris's fault! Ever since I saw that image of him in his tight sailor costume putting his foot on some Ooze's ass, I figured: This mode isn't about killing monsters - it's about Chris laying everyone and everything he sees!

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
What's so great about the laser pointer? I'm used to the crosshair since RE5, tried RE6 once with the laser instead, but didn't like it. :confused:

It's all Chris's fault! Ever since I saw that image of him in his tight sailor costume putting his foot on some Ooze's ass, I figured: This mode isn't about killing monsters - it's about Chris laying everyone and everything he sees!

*ha haa* i always have wondered why you called raid mode = rape mode *ha haa* now that you explained, it is interesting, yesss *ha haa*

any ways, as far as the laser pointer....it's just the usual case of the preference thing, i can't explain it but say that i prefer the laser pointer, i just.....Like it [over the cross-hair reticle]

weskerondope

i think revelations is the worst resident evil game in the main series, along with resident evil 5
but some parts of the game are very entertaining, but after about 4 or 5 episodes in it just collapses and turns into crap
as for resident evil 6 i think its the best resident evil game since mikami left the series,
but nothing compared to resident evil 4 and the ones before that

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
hmmm after some 'googling' i find a few others asking about it, and it seems they took out the laser sight for console. Strange because everyone loves a laser. I liked when we could see our team mates lasers too, in re5, so you know where they are aiming

not anything useful, but you had me at you saying "googling" i was quite amuzed....no offence, intended *ha haa*

weskerondope

it was wierd indeed that they took out the laser sight
also they changed the way you open doors from the pilot version included in merc 3d
i didnt see the point of that, in the pilot version you opened doors like in re4/re5
the way you open doors now in revelations isnt really good for the partner system thing
since you have to close the door before your partner can follow you through

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
it was wierd indeed that they took out the laser sight
also they changed the way you open doors from the pilot version included in merc 3d
i didnt see the point of that, in the pilot version you opened doors like in re4/re5
the way you open doors now in revelations isnt really good for the partner system thing
since you have to close the door before your partner can follow you through
no you don't....you just have to hit the door button before it closes and you walk right in with them

adamclark83

I'm currently playing the game on Infernal to get the Infinite Rocket Launcher and what the developers should've fixed for this version that I don't get is how the monsters only seem to attack the player and sometimes leave the AI partner completely alone. For example, in the first Terragrigia level while I'm blowing the Hunters away with the P90 and shotguns, Jessica stands on the sidelines using nothing but a a small gun. Or in the final boss battle, Norman only targets Jill while Chris keeps firing away and gets ignored.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
it was good while it "lasted" had it's "moments" both raid and the campain....but at this at point "meh" :| [it has hit it's stale factor] i "sometimes" go on RE5 mercenaries to get a somewhat "re-fresher" of the RE experience, shum-thing of this sort? :'(

adamclark83

Could Capcom do a patch for this that allows me to do a manual save, especially during the final boss battle? I'm getting very irritated that I make it to the final stage just to get killed and have to start from the very beginning.

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
I just finished the game a little earlier. Loved it. I heard the game was short, but really, I didn't think it was as short as I had thought it was going to be, so that was good.

-The setting and story were great. Better than anything since RE4.
-Weapon customization. It was cool that the customizations weren't permanent and you could undo them as you please.
-The characters. Even though I think Chris is overused, I didn't mind him in this at all. Even the supporting characters were all good, Raymond and Parker in particular, even Keith and Quint. And it was nice to play as Jill again. A plus was watching her as she'd go through a door. :p
-The final boss was cool too. Reminded me a lot of the classic tyrant. Definitely looked like one.
-The non-linearity. Just like the older games.
-The enemies. The Ooze enemies were a nice replacement for zombies. Hunters returning was nice too. Wouldn't have minded some form of Licker, though. I think they would've been a good fit for this particular virus.
-And finally, I like that while it's set that Jill is your main character, you get to play as a couple other people here and there.

Really, the only thing I might not like about it is the health and herb system. I'm not sure if I like this simplified system or not. Kind of missed the red herbs and first aid sprays. Oh, and I wish the game had let me know a lot earlier that if I come across a new weapon and switch out with one of my current three, the one I switch out would be available in my weapon box. I didn't get to get the rifle, because I thought if I traded out for it, the weapon I traded would be left there.

And it's not necessarily a complaint, but I wouldn't have minded the old typewriter saving. Maybe not exactly with the ink ribbons, but with the way RE4 did it. RE4's save system was perfect.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I honestly hated it I never really bought it. Borrowed from my friend both 3DS and Console version. just no.

I found it extremely boring, Story makes no sense minus "It's your mission" I really hate Jill so that's another thing. (Hell I actually liked every other character besides her) And gameplay just isn't that great feels beyond awkward. But Eh.
Rid mode is decent but I tend to fall asleep on that crap so not good in my books. but whatever.

black 93

good game, only thing i didnt like was the constant switchin between characters and locations. Started off great, playin as jill, exploring the ship was one of the best locations in the series for a while. Then just when i stsrted gettin in to it BOOM in the snowy mountains playing as chris, then back to jill, then parker a year earlier. Kinda ruined the pacin for me. Still a good game tho, love the raid mode :)

Turo602

The King of Kings
Resident Evil Revelations was an amazing handheld effort, a better port, and a lacking console game. For a game trying to go back to the series' roots, its gameplay is more fitting for that of a fast paced action game like The Mercenaries 3D. Running was as simple as moving an analog stick, full health was just a button away, etc. It completely removed the tension that previous games offered by simplifying its controls. Despite this, I still found most of the action segments to be rather dull, due to lack of creativity. These action packed flashbacks weren't handled with the same expertise seen in both Resident Evil 4 and 5. It was just linear progression with a bunch of the same enemies thrown at you. Having one melee move didn't help change things up a bit either.

If the game would have focused more on Jill's part of the story, I think it could have really been onto something. It's a clear homage to earlier games in the series, but still lacks in certain areas, for example, the laughable excuses of puzzles. Aside from all my nitpicks, the game is still a step in the right direction for the series. It's a great portable experience and is made with that in mind and then some. The soundtrack was great, you could finally move and shoot, underwater mechanics were amazing, and the game did have its moments. Honestly, if it were made as a console game from day one, I think we would have had the ideal Resident Evil game here.

Top Bottom