• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you watching?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Just finished Twin Peaks (the original series, Fire Walk With Me and The Return) for a second time, and it's still the greatest mindfvck in the history of network television.
I have no idea what they could possibly do for a fourth season, but it's apparently not out of the question yet... won't have to wait another 25 years, probably.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I just got back from Alita: Battle Angel, and I must say, f*ck the critics, that was a stellar final showing from Fox as a standalone studio. Robert Rodriguez and James Cameron made sure they really went out with a bang before being acquired by Disney (officially). The CGI, character development and action was off the charts. It IS a little exposition heavy, though, I must warn you in advance for those fixing to go see it.

I never read the manga, so I can't draw any comparisons to the source material, but if you like Marvel and/or CGI movies, you'll enjoy this.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
CGI movies
I've actually heard from a few YouTube reviews that the CGI in Alita: Battle Angel is completely flawless.

Nowadays, when there is a huge discrepancy between critics and viewers, that only makes me wanna watch the movie even more (or less).

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I've been watching all Resident Evil movies (Yes! The ones that alice is in!) Don't judge me haha. I actually like the first two, they were great, but oh god they ruined the third one with all the super powers Alice gained.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I've been watching all Resident Evil movies (Yes! The ones that alice is in!) Don't judge me haha. I actually like the first two, they were great, but oh god they ruined the third one with all the super powers Alice gained.

Like I said in another thread, the first one's actually not bad if you ignore all the liberties it took with the source material from the games and watch it as a zombie flick.

I finally finished S1 of The Punisher on Netflix after much procrastinating and started S2 yesterday. 3 episodes in, kinda slow thus far, but I hear it picks up later on.

But S1 was dope, especially towards the end of the season. Jon Bernthal nails the character of Frank Castle to a T, easily the best live-action iteration of the character. It's too bad all the Marvel Netflix shows are getting cancelled. Here's hoping some (or hell, all of them) get picked up by Hulu, ESPECIALLY DareDevil for S4.

Lithium

My husband got me into Brooklyn 99 - I love that show! 99!!

Oh, and because of all the Die Hard references I recently watched the movie.

All this tv watching keeps me from playing RE2 Remake :razz:

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Fiancee and I have been flirting with watching Golden Girls on and off for months. We are almost at the end of Season 3.

But I did just finish Superstore. That show was hilarious. Mostly because prior to my time as Tea Executive, I was a Wal-Mart employee and the stuff they show on Superstore is legit and hilarious!

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I'm finally all caught up with Game of Thrones. Bring on the potentially emotionally devastating final season!

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I'm watching the new Netflix original war movie featuring Ben Affleck called Triple Frontier, I must say I'm really enjoying it. Netflix has had a spotty track record with original films as of late, but this is a good one. I'd recommend it if you have a Netflix account.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I will be watching the start of the final season of Game of Thrones in a few hours. Anyone as excited as I am for the final season? I wanna know what happens already!

I did something I never usually do and Googled spoilers... and found none. Part of me is relieved, but it's torture wondering what's going to happen.

Steve Wonda

I will be watching the start of the final season of Game of Thrones in a few hours. Anyone as excited as I am for the final season? I wanna know what happens already!

I did something I never usually do and Googled spoilers... and found none. Part of me is relieved, but it's torture wondering what's going to happen.
Also very excited to watch the first episode of this season. A little bummed it's the last season, actually a lot bummed.

I didn't get into the series until it was almost the end of the 4th season. I knew of the show but didn't think it was for me. A buddy had been telling me to watch the first few episodes for awhile, and said he guaranteed I would like it. He was right. I downloaded season 1 and in less than a week was waiting for the last couple episodes of season 4. Yup, binge watched prob 4-5 episodes a day. After the last season I actually went back and watched every episode again as there hasn't been much other tv or movies that really interest me lately.

Can't wait to see how it all goes down this season. And can't believe this is it. I honestly felt GoT would go for at least 10 seasons. If I had it my way it would never end....and it shouldn't have to.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Also very excited to watch the first episode of this season. A little bummed it's the last season, actually a lot bummed.

I didn't get into the series until it was almost the end of the 4th season. I knew of the show but didn't think it was for me. A buddy had been telling me to watch the first few episodes for awhile, and said he guaranteed I would like it. He was right. I downloaded season 1 and in less than a week was waiting for the last couple episodes of season 4. Yup, binge watched prob 4-5 episodes a day. After the last season I actually went back and watched every episode again as there hasn't been much other tv or movies that really interest me lately.

Can't wait to see how it all goes down this season. And can't believe this is it. I honestly felt GoT would go for at least 10 seasons. If I had it my way it would never end....and it shouldn't have to.
That's actually similar to my experience with Game of Thrones. I only got into the series just over two years ago, shortly after season 7 aired. They had the whole series on TV on boxsets, and me and my brother decided to give it a try around Christmastime. We binge-watched all seven seasons in a very short space of time, probably two weeks or so. I'm sort of glad I got into it so late though, because it meant that I didn't have to wait for more - I could watch the majority of it all at once, without waiting the years between seasons.

I always said I'd never watch Game of Thrones, and I maintained it wasn't for me at all. After I got past the first few episodes, I was hooked. I'm so glad my brother and I were so desperate for something to watch that we gave it a try.

Maybe it's ending because we're already way past the book material and it's tougher to figure out a plot. Maybe it's because they want to end it on a high, when the quality is still there. Either way, I'm extremely saddened that we've only got six episodes left. I can't wait for all the discussions over the coming weeks.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda

We would be getting 10+ seasons, but GRRM still refuses to finish that damn Winds of Winter book!

Anyways, I still have a LOT of catching up to do on GoT. I bought HBO Go mainly for that and I still haven't gotten past season 3 yet.

I also wrapped up the new Netflix zombie series Black Summer not too long ago. It's fairly short and to the point (only 8 episodes), but it's good. It shows multiple stories from the perspective of other characters, kinda like the World War Z book (no, not that sh!tty Brad Pitt movie it cons people into thinking it's an adaptation of), except as its happening, not told via documentary style. Since you guys love any and all things zombies, I suggest you check it out.

Last edited:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
We would be getting 10+ seasons, but GRRM still refuses to finish that damn Winds of Winter book!

Anyways, I still have a LOT of catching up to do on GoT. I bought HBO Go mainly for that and I still haven't gotten past season 3 yet.

I also wrapped up the new Netflix zombie series Black Summer not too long ago. It's fairly short and to the point (only 8 episodes), but it's good. It shows multiple stories from the perspective of other characters, kinda like the World War Z book (no, not that sh!tty Brad Pitt movie it cons people into thinking it's an adaptation of), except as its happening, not told via documentary style. Since you guys love any and all things zombies, I suggest you check it out.
Yeah, one of my colleagues at work is a fan of the books and she says that she lost interest purely because of how long the next book is taking.

I watched the latest episode of Game of Thrones, and oh my god it was epic. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
My fiancee and I started Agents of Shield this week and I really liked the first season. Binged it for like 13 hours yesterday with no regret. I never do that anymore. It was great!

Top Bottom