• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Airaku

Stray Jedi
It's likely they grew up together after the other wesker children died. So they would have been counted and known as brother and sister, but not by blood connection.

I just finished replaying RE5 with a friend last night and we're are going to do Lost in Nightmares today when he gets here. However, I've notice something. Either it's a plot hole or fans were wrong about something.... It appears that Albert did not know that Alex was a Wesker prior to 2005 (The Spencer Estate incident). Actually it is indicated that Alex knew that Albert was a Wesker by at least 1998, and likely prior to. Despite the whole Wesker Project was kept hidden from him as it was with ALL of the Wesker's. As far as Albert was concerned the painting was done at Spencer's consent and they were likely not even "closely" acquainted at the time it was commissioned. Both Alex and Albert looked quite bored in that picture to be honest. Alex also seemed all "high and mighty". The last part is perhaps a litter irrelevant to my over all point BUT "Alex .W" was mentioned in a document in chapter 6-2. Not just LiN! So it's hard to say... We do know that Spencer loved Alex and considered only her to be his child. The Japanese translations of LiN confirm this as Alex is often referred to as "My Child" rather than just "Alex" as in the English version of the game. It may be possible that Alex has been pulling some serious strings for a long time.

Spencer's legacy lived on in Albert. All the Wesker's were triggered to seek out Spencer when the time comes for that particular Wesker. 2005 was the time for Albert and Spencer told him everything, except lying that he was the last and most promising Wesker. Spencer wanted to create a master race with Project W and rule the world as a god. Albert wanted to create a master race with Uroboros and then rule the world as a god. Ironically, Alex wants to rule the world as a god, that much is a fact. However we don't know if she wants to create a "master race" or not. I actually hold my doubts on this for now as she is a much more malice induced character. It is possible that she may try to do so by using "FEAR" as the determining factor. It is also possible that she just wants to inflict as much pain, suffering, and fear on the world as she possibly can and rule the world through those means.

Getting back on track, I am debating with myself on a matter. It could be possible that Alex didn't seekout Spencer because she was favored and was in the "know" of pretty much everything around the time of the Arklay Mansion incident. She knew about Project W and was soon after entrusted with the progenitor virus in order to crack the secrets of immortality for Spencer. Spencer gave her an endless supply of resources (money, test subjects, equipment). She instead abandoned him rather than seeking him out (unless she did so first long ago and not the other way around). It is possible that her being favored gave her many of these perks.
However while playing RE5 I couldn't help but notice that Alex had a much more diverse personality and a significant greater range of character than both Spencer and Albert had. I wonder if this is because she was more aware and she potentially was able to break through some of the programming and indoctrination that the Wesker's were exposed to. It's to early to tell but she clearly seemed to indicate (to me at least) in Rev 2 that she was clearly in the know and in control. She seem less like a "product of design" and more of her own individual. Sometimes I feel like Albert was self-mislead due to his upbringing and often a man who was so broken to the core that he became void of all emotions at some point.

Ugh this is just some food for thought. A lot of this is just some random ideas or conceptual theories XD
Gawd I swear I read too much into these games and come up with some many different perspectives to debate on XD

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Ugh this is just some food for thought. A lot of this is just some random ideas or conceptual theories XD
Gawd I swear I read too much into these games and come up with some many different perspectives to debate on XD

Oh don't worry, you've seen my posts, I do too. xD

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Does it seem like a slap in the face and cop-out to anyone else that Wesker went from a calm, cool, collected badass with unknown motives in the previous games to a raving madman with a God complex with the same evil plan as several Final Fantasy villains of "I'll destroy the word, therefore I'll save it"?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: Something weird just happened when I tried to like Maddy's post.

likepost57uc8.jpg

Um... yes? Otherwise I wouldn't have clicked "Like".

Never had that before. Is it a new feature to make sure you really, really, really want to like the post?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
QUOTE="Maddy7, post: 168762, member: 13663"]I wonder what some of the Resident Evil characters looked like as kids and what they did. I can just imagine Ada eating dinosaur chicken nuggets and watching Sesame Street.[/QUOTE]

LMAO someone needs to make a flash cartoon called "Wesker's Laboratory". It would take place in Barry's house and Alex has a secret lab under the house as she schemes to take over the world. Though upstairs Natalia is back to Natalia and she's collecting Pokémon card's, watching my little pony, and playing with the family. I think it would be hilarious.

At the dinner table:

Moira: Hey Nattie, what's your favorite Pokémon? :3
Natalia: Magikarp!!!! =D
Moira: What the f*ck? =O
Alex in Natalia's Mind: *Because when I evolve I will kill all you motherfuckers* >=(
Natalia: Because it goes flippity flop, splishity splash splash bipitty bloop bop bop! ^.^
Moria, Barry, and Claire: AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU'RE SO CEWT! ^.^
Alex: I will murder you all in your sleep! F*ck you Nataaalia!!!!!!

Last edited:

mjk321

I'm trying to decide what's the worse thing that Bob has done, and I think it's him forgetting to unplug the bathtubs in the mansion.

P.S. "Bob" is a character me and my friend made up in the RE universe. He's a super clumsy Umbrella researcher who's responsible for all the misplaced key items or ammo, and all the locked doors. every time we find something weirdly placed, we just yell "BOB!!!" while shaking our fists :)

P.S.S what's the worse thing Bob has done in your opinion?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Yeah it's weird. Some people are really into that idea. I think it's gross and blood related or not, they are siblings and it is established that Alex looks at Albert as a brother. I guess some people are really into that "kinky" (gross) incest stuff because Game of Thrones made it cool or something? XD Just no.... just no...
I don't think GoT is responsible for that... I remember seeing lots of ChrisXClaire and other sibling pairings in fan-fiction long before 2011.

CT: Something weird just happened when I tried to like Maddy's post.

likepost57uc8.jpg

Um... yes? Otherwise I wouldn't have clicked "Like".

Never had that before. Is it a new feature to make sure you really, really, really want to like the post?
Just tried it and this didn't happen to me... weird.

Je suis bilingue, aussi.
Sorry, what does this have to do with RE?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I'm trying to decide what's the worse thing that Bob has done, and I think it's him forgetting to unplug the bathtubs in the mansion.

P.S. "Bob" is a character me and my friend made up in the RE universe. He's a super clumsy Umbrella researcher who's responsible for all the misplaced key items or ammo, and all the locked doors. every time we find something weirdly placed, we just yell "BOB!!!" while shaking our fists :)

P.S.S what's the worse thing Bob has done in your opinion?

Is he the one that moves the zombies? If so I'm angry at him for moving these two that died on each other and glitched through each other, so it looked like one had four arms, four legs, and two heads. xD

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Umm, what...? In Raid Mode (Revelations 2), I got a sniper rifle, which are meant for long range as people know, but the tag was Short Range. How would that be useful? It completely contradicts itself.

mjk321

Umm, what...? In Raid Mode (Revelations 2), I got a sniper rifle, which are meant for long range as people know, but the tag was Short Range. How would that be useful? It completely contradicts itself.
sniper rifles are pretty long, so may be you can use it as a spear? with a bayonet at the tip :p

Top Bottom