• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you Thinking? Resident Evil Edition!

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
CT: I probably already said this somewhere, but how cool would it be if the next game featuring Jill (whether it's RE7, Revelations 3, or whatever) had a few unlockable chapters where you play as her carrying out Wesker's orders as bird lady!

Airaku

Stray Jedi
CT: I probably already said this somewhere, but how cool would it be if the next game featuring Jill (whether it's RE7, Revelations 3, or whatever) had a few unlockable chapters where you play as her carrying out Wesker's orders as bird lady!

Well it won't be RE7 unless it's a flash back and Jill is the main protagonist. There were rumors that in one build Jill was going to be the main character and there would be flashbacks on what Albert Wesker did to her. We'll see, I'm kind of suspecting we may see a different protagonist, but it could be her. There's room for one more game left for her. At the same time there are so many other on going plots to tie up. She story may not be as important at this point. Which is sad because Jill was my first RE love :'( She still is.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
OK so i just defeated communication officer Scagdead and i got to say the beginning of Revelations 1 is somewhat confusing. I mean you play as Jill and Parker and have to find Chris and Jessica because O'Brian says that they are missing. but then O'Brian talks to Chris and Jessica and tells them that Jill and Parker are missing.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
OK so i just defeated communication officer Scagdead and i got to say the beginning of Revelations 1 is somewhat confusing. I mean you play as Jill and Parker and have to find Chris and Jessica because O'Brian says that they are missing. but then O'Brian talks to Chris and Jessica and tells them that Jill and Parker are missing.

Have you played it before? I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't. :p

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Sigh... Another year without anything rezzy related :(

Umbrella corps latest update interested me a little but I don't know if I will look into it any more

I'm 90% sure RE7 will come out this year. It's been 4 years since RE6 came out and that's the longest gap between main RE games along with the RE4-RE5 gap. It's also the 20th anniversary, if the only game to come out would be Umbrella Corps... Well, that would be a bit silly.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'm 90% sure RE7 will come out this year. It's been 4 years since RE6 came out and that's the longest gap between main RE games along with the RE4-RE5 gap. It's also the 20th anniversary, if the only game to come out would be Umbrella Corps... Well, that would be a bit silly.

5 years for CVX to RE4. Resident Evil 4 had such a long development cycle. So did RE5, and RE7 is rumored to have the longest dev cycle since and almost close to RE4. Remember it started development before RE6 came out and was originally supposed to have a 2013 release date. The poor reception of RE6 changed that.

As far as Resident Evil numbered titles go. The 4 year cycle is about right. Had consoles still retained the 4-5 year cycle. We would only be seeing one RE game a generation and the wait would be much worse. We'd probably see spins offs and one numbered and one revelation game. That's just.... a thought.

I would LOVE the game to come out this year. I would even more so love it if the game took play in 2018. What would be a better way to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Biohazard?

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
5 years for CVX to RE4. Resident Evil 4 had such a long development cycle. So did RE5, and RE7 is rumored to have the longest dev cycle since and almost close to RE4. Remember it started development before RE6 came out and was originally supposed to have a 2013 release date. The poor reception of RE6 changed that.

As far as Resident Evil numbered titles go. The 4 year cycle is about right. Had consoles still retained the 4-5 year cycle. We would only be seeing one RE game a generation and the wait would be much worse. We'd probably see spins offs and one numbered and one revelation game. That's just.... a thought.

I would LOVE the game to come out this year. I would even more so love it if the game took play in 2018. What would be a better way to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Biohazard?

You're forgetting REmake and RE0! Anyway, I wonder if because of this long gap without any information, we could be getting another complete overhaul à la RE4. They did say a while ago that they were looking at The Last of Us and Tomb Raider for inspiration, maybe we could be looking at something more in that style.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
You're forgetting REmake and RE0! Anyway, I wonder if because of this long gap without any information, we could be getting another complete overhaul à la RE4. They did say a while ago that they were looking at The Last of Us and Tomb Raider for inspiration, maybe we could be looking at something more in that style.

You're totally right. That is true and puts it at 3 years. It's funny because RE0 was actually my first RE game. It may have been the remake but I am pretty sure it was 0. I will forever love those games :3

Well there was rumors that the next Devil May Cry might star Dante in his 40's and be Uncharted style. It's an.... interesting thought.

As of RE7. I think it'll be great and possibly one of the best RE games ever. I think the inspiration is just that in nothing more. RE4 was the inspiration of Gears of War. Another game that RE4 inspired to the point the developers played the game over and over and over again to study was Mass Effect 2. The first one was really obvious and Cliffy admits to being a Resident Evil fan. The second one is not really well known by fans of either games xD

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Hmm. Capcom said stay tuned for Resident Evil 7 news four months ago. How much longer do we have to wait?!

Cross

Oldschool Gamer
You're forgetting REmake and RE0!

Along with that, there is Umbrella Corps, and the other team is making RE2 Remake.

I dont know where the main dev team is (or if they are the ones behind the remasters), but the entire RE team seems to be pretty occupied right now. RE7 looks a long way from now, with what I know.

And along with that, I wonder if the next game will feature lots of protagonists, like RE6. I kinda hope so, and dont, at the same time. Hard to explain.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I just hope we get to see her or you know someone mention her. And tell us what
happenee to her after RE4.

And does anyone else wonder if we will ever see Sheva?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I just hope we get to see her or you know someone mention her. And tell us what
happenee to her after RE4.

And does anyone else wonder if we will ever see Sheva?

Well unlike Sheva, Ashley was actually a memorable character. It would be nice to see her again. Even if more people hated Ashley, she's still more imbedded in their memories. Sheva was a lost potential. They could have made her a deeper character but they didn't. She has a good backstory that you can read about in the files, but it just really made me wish the game would give some flashbacks with her.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Well unlike Sheva, Ashley was actually a memorable character. It would be nice to see her again. Even if more people hated Ashley, she's still more imbedded in their memories. Sheva was a lost potential. They could have made her a deeper character but they didn't. She has a good backstory that you can read about in the files, but it just really made me wish the game would give some flashbacks with her.

Yeah i know Sheva and Ashley are my 2nd favorite female characters after Claire and Sherry. Maybe they will bring Sheva back in a future game. Just like how they brought Sherry and Barry.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Yeah i know Sheva and Ashley are my 2nd favorite female characters after Claire and Sherry. Maybe they will bring Sheva back in a future game. Just like how they brought Sherry and Barry.

Barry was always destined to return :p I was so happy to see Sherry back. It was one of the better decisions Capcom had made because her story is so vital to the RE canon. I can't wait to see where they go from here. Ugh I have my theory on it too. It looks kinda ****ty for her.

As for Ashley! *hi-5* she was always one of my favorites as well. I think it would be cool to see her return in some form. I don't know how it would work at this point. Her father isn't president anymore, I don't see how it would be relevant. Someone kidnappers her again and holds her ransom to get back at Leon? Lol... probably not.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Barry was always destined to return :p I was so happy to see Sherry back. It was one of the better decisions Capcom had made because her story is so vital to the RE canon. I can't wait to see where they go from here. Ugh I have my theory on it too. It looks kinda ****ty for her.

As for Ashley! *hi-5* she was always one of my favorites as well. I think it would be cool to see her return in some form. I don't know how it would work at this point. Her father isn't president anymore, I don't see how it would be relevant. Someone kidnappers her again and holds her ransom to get back at Leon? Lol... probably not.

Hope they don't go too far with Sherry and we end up with another Alice.

As for Ashely, i could see her as Hannigan's assistant. like half way through the game Hannigan gets called to a meeting with the new president and she asks Ashley to take her place until she returns.

Top Bottom