• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? (Part 2)

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
I was going through their past post history and they were normal until the last couple of months...then it got slightly weird. Like I say, just a hunch and nothing overt or rule breaking, so it's probably just me reading into things a bit too much. It's just...off

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Very disappointed that people are harassing Lily Gao's personal social media accounts over her performance in RE4R. Her take on Ada isn't my personal favorite either, as I've even mentioned in a few threads here, however I think it's crossing a line to spam all of her social media posts about the remake with bad reviews of her performance.

Ikawaru

Very disappointed that people are harassing Lily Gao's personal social media accounts over her performance in RE4R. Her take on Ada isn't my personal favorite either, as I've even mentioned in a few threads here, however I think it's crossing a line to spam all of her social media posts about the remake with bad reviews of her performance.

Jolene Anderson, who did Ada in RE2R, is part of an actress union and Capcom doesn't like hiring union workers so that is why this happened. If it bothers people THAT much, shouldn't they picket Capcom HQ? The fault is clearly theirs, not Gao's.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Gun Powder B Agreed. Capcom decided not to bring Anderson back and that's their fault, not the actress who replaced her. Gao's performance was also approved by Capcom. The actress isn't at fault for what Capcom decides passes muster.

Unfortunately people have a bad habit of going after individuals for the decisions of large corporations and social media makes harassing people very easy.

Ikawaru

Yes, either go after Capcom for not hiring Anderson, or go after Anderson herself for deciding to go into a union and cutting herself off from Capcom. Either is preferable and more constructive than attacking Gao. Critical thinking skills are your friend.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Fans can truly suck for this exact reason.

You can’t blame an actor for joining a union just as much as you can’t blame another actor for jumping on the chance of landing a gig, like Gao.

For me, I thought Ada sounded her best in RE6 (maybe that’s an unpopular opinion) so Ada’s more recent voice actresses never sounded that fitting to me.
I’d say by the end of REmake 4, Gao’s rendition grew on me more. Her voice sounds drastically different from the actress in RE2R so it was completely unexpected and seemed like such an unnecessary change initially.
Hopefully the angry mobs won’t dissuade her from returning or being able to return for any future installments.
I also respect the fact that now they actually have an Asian actress portraying this character.

Now, Krauser’s new voice still has me unsure… still don’t plan on going around harassing the guy who voiced him though.

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Street Fighter's getting another crack at live-action in a new film and TV deal with Legendary Pictures:

I've kinda got mixed feelings about this. One, we all know how well games in general have translated to live-action, but this is especially true of fighting games, dare I bring up the Tekken, DOA and 2 live-action Street Fighter movies we've gotten already. And secondly, I wish they went the animated route with this because I'm not totally convinced you can really pull off a good deal of the Street Fighter special moves in live-action. Just watch Chun-Li's Spinning Bird Kick clip in The Legend of Chun-Li if you don't believe me. And we all remember Raul Julia literally Superman-flying into Jean-Claude Van Damme during the '94 movie as much as we all wish we hadn't because they couldn't even attempt to animate the Psycho Crusher back then, which that reminds me: I'm especially worried about how badly Bison's Psycho Crusher is gonna look in live-action in this. Alls I can say is: they better have a high effects budget because they're gonna have to CGI the sh!t out of that for that to look even half-normal in live-action.

Even if they have the effects budget to properly animate the more acrobatic and energy-based SF moves, I fear actor's physical limitations in general might hold it back from reaching its true potential while an animation would allow them to go full ham-fist like we all know Street Fighter to be.

However, it's got the talented team at Legendary behind it, so I do at least hold out a glimmer of hope for the story. Here's hoping Capcom doesn't have too big a stranglehold on the production this time. It should be worth pointing out that they required a 6 month shooting schedule for the '94 movie and had a first-time director directing it because no experienced director would take on that grueling shoot schedule. This is to say nothing of the odd liberties with the source material they greenlit and even outright demanded. They were even the ones that demanded JCVD's casting as Guile.

Last edited:

SpaceOwlHoot

Now, Krauser’s new voice still has me unsure… still don’t plan on going around harassing the guy who voiced him though.
Speaking of Krauser, was I the only one taken aback by his face model? Looking past the scar, he looks younger than I expected and boyish. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How old is he supposed to be anyway?

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Well, people suck. Although I hated her voice in RE4R too, I would never even think about going on social media to personally harass her. It is completely nuts.

Ikawaru

Life is really strange lately, I think I am at another crossroads because I feel like my current occupation is not working out so well due to personal differences and complications with certain people maybe softly encroaching that "toxic" line that you read about a lot in tabloids lately. I had to take today off because I need some time to myself. I applied for my previous position at a higher rank and I have not heard anything back yet, I just feel like I need to get away.

Anyone else ever meet someone (usually of the opposite sex) that you find really drawn towards and attracted to and also love spending time and talking with but at the same time you feel like they are bringing out your deepest fears and insecurities? This is largely what is happening here. I read some things about "Twin Flame" relationships and largely dismissed it as teenage drama mumbo jumbo but I dunno what else to make of this very sticky and uncomfortable situation. I really just want to "be the runner" at this point and just start drinking heavily again and detach myself.

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Enthused to see Ohio legalize marijuana a couple days ago via ballot initiative. Good to see sanity is actually a thing in 2023... in certain parts of the world.

BTW, I don't smoke, so it's not a "yay, me get high in peace" thing at all, but it should absolutely be legal. I find it insulting that we're still banning weed in the year 2023. It's the new alcohol prohibition, except worse because alcohol actually kills people. Marijuana has never killed anyone, ever from an OD yet the DEA wants to tell us, against all evidence that it's as bad or even worse than heroin, cocaine, meth or sh!t I can buy legally, which SPOILER: it's not.

PS, one of my reefer-smoking Fortnite friends who happens to be from Ohio IS celebrating over some "fine" cannabis. :ROFL:

Last edited:

Ikawaru

I think it should be a state issue. Decriminalize it at the federal level and have individual states mandate it however they want. I mean you have states like Alabama where the population is probably against its legalization, then you have states like Washington where legalization is a no-brainer. I personally don't understand its appeal but a lot of people in the West seem to love it so I guess smoke up. The more potheads we have the less idiots we also have that want to wage continuous wars across the globe so smoke up, America!

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I forgot that he used to look younger. Cillian is one of those few human beings who don't seem to age, at least not in the same pace as most of us.

Oppenheimer for the win though.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
My fiancee and I took a trip to Mexico to see some friends get married last weekend. We had a blast but paid for it greatly after the fact by getting COVID. I'm finally getting over my second go-around. Even after being recently vaccinated just this past November, this thing sucked.

Ikawaru

Did some research on a new phone and wanted one with very good battery life, decent RAM and storage capacity, but am willing to settle on a service plan that's fairly cheap/low monthly cost.

I think I made the right decision. :D

Ikawaru

I definitely made the right decision. While the average American/pro American Westerner is obsessed with flashy features and iPhones and razer sharp camera quality with a battery that drains in 5 minutes, I opted for piece that has all these features -but not the extreme- and is very fast at loading and the battery lasts forever and charges super fast. I mean I was shocked at how fast this thing charges. I paid half the price of what is considered the cream of the crop and it is vastly superior on the things that really matter like longevity, storage, and speed.

Regardless of your preference in phones though, not only is a protective case a no brainer, which I'm sure most people are aware of anyway, one critical accessory that costs almost nothing but is vital to a phones survival is a dust cap to put in the phones charging port. All that dust and dirt can seriously wreck your phone completely and if your phone can't charge.... ;). Also, if you're using free wifi at a cafe or something make sure you have a VPN because it's very easy for cyber criminals to breach data in public Wi-Fi services.

Top Bottom