• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? General Gaming Edition!

Turo602

The King of Kings
That sucks, but don't give up. I've seen the PS5 up at various retailers since you last posted. If you don't have Twitter, you should make one just for the alerts. Honestly, I think that's the best shot you have right now. They've seriously been up quite frequently as of late. Besides, if you're gonna pay more for a console, it might as well be for the warranty. I think Walmart currently has the best deal on warranties compared to other stores.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
That sucks, but don't give up. I've seen the PS5 up at various retailers since you last posted. If you don't have Twitter, you should make one just for the alerts. Honestly, I think that's the best shot you have right now. They've seriously been up quite frequently as of late. Besides, if you're gonna pay more for a console, it might as well be for the warranty. I think Walmart currently has the best deal on warranties compared to other stores.

May I ask which retailers? Because I've been checking out NowInStock.net's PS5 page and no new drops have been reported since the Target drop. There were rumors that Best Buy was gonna have one soon after the Target drop ended, but I kept checking over the weekend and alas, it hasn't happened yet. Best Buy is the hardest to predict since they drop at random times during random days of the week. If I were a guessing man, I'd assume it'll drop within the next few days, possibly today even, but I don't want to be "that guy", and I think you know what I mean. I signed up for alerts from Matt Swidel, he's been a pretty helpful stock alert guy. I'll keep checking them with a watchful eye, hopefully I'll get lucky, but I'm keeping my expectations tempered. Wish me luck.

SpaceOwlHoot

A friend of mine ended up securing a PS5 from Gamestop but he had an insane amount of issues with FedEx and Gamestop.I would say it took him about a 3ish months or something like that from when he ordered until he actually got one.

At this point, I think I'm just going to hold off until I can physically touch one to purchase it.

Turo602

The King of Kings
May I ask which retailers? Because I've been checking out NowInStock.net's PS5 page and no new drops have been reported since the Target drop. There were rumors that Best Buy was gonna have one soon after the Target drop ended, but I kept checking over the weekend and alas, it hasn't happened yet. Best Buy is the hardest to predict since they drop at random times during random days of the week. If I were a guessing man, I'd assume it'll drop within the next few days, possibly today even, but I don't want to be "that guy", and I think you know what I mean. I signed up for alerts from Matt Swidel, he's been a pretty helpful stock alert guy. I'll keep checking them with a watchful eye, hopefully I'll get lucky, but I'm keeping my expectations tempered. Wish me luck.
Target had em 3 days ago and Walmart had em 4 days ago. I know I've gotten notifications for them before that too. I think Newegg had bundles recently as well. I'd seriously recommend following Wario64. I've been following him since the start of the generation for Xbox and PS5 alerts, but my 2 brothers and I have gotten our consoles already, but there's been things that have come out since that he's been really helpful with. He does frequently post so your notifications will be blowing up constantly.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Target had em 3 days ago and Walmart had em 4 days ago. I know I've gotten notifications for them before that too. I think Newegg had bundles recently as well. I'd seriously recommend following Wario64. I've been following him since the start of the generation for Xbox and PS5 alerts, but my 2 brothers and I have gotten our consoles already, but there's been things that have come out since that he's been really helpful with. He does frequently post so your notifications will be blowing up constantly.

The Target one is the one I tried, and it fell through. I saw the Wal-Mart one went live the previous day and it sold out in less than a minute because of one guy buying up thousands of consoles in less than a minute or some sh!t.

But GREAT news guys: I finally got my PS5 today at GameStop! :D(y) I got the order confirmation e-mail a little while ago for my PS5 bundle w/Rachet and Clank and Spider-Man, PS Plus and an extra controller.

MkoGvYA.jpg

Granted, I did already get Spider-Man for PS4 for Christmas, which comes with a free upgrade, but I can always trade it in when it arrives, and I plan on doing just that, probably for Demon's Souls or Returnal, but man, I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief right now. The wait is now over, or it will be soon enough.

BTW, in case you're wondering why I got the black controller bundle: it's because I tried adding the white controller bundle and it locked me out, and so I hit the panic button and tried adding the black controller bundle instead to avoid losing out, but yeah:

Bart-Scott-Cant-Wait.png

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
That's f*cking awesome. I saw the email and immediately thought of you. :LOL: Glad you could finally get your hands on it.

Mr.R

Two games and an extra controller sounds like a good deal! Awesome! Congratulations @KManX89 ! Reminded me when I bought my PS4 bundled with Uncharted 4, God of War and GT Sport.

I'll try my lucky with it next year. It's still so godamn expensive here in Brazil. That's fine though, there's still a lot on the PS4 library that I want to play yet.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have the same thoughts Mr. R. I have approximately 2 years worth of games on my PS4 to play and PS5/Series X consoles still have enough bugs in them where I could feel good about holding off for now.

ALSO, I have a TV that is like a decade old or more at this point and while it is still nice for Netflix and my PS4 games, I do not think I could truly be able to see what the difference is until I upgrade. Black Friday is going to be nuts!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
@KManX89

You lucky sonuva- ;)

I’m holding off on purchasing one as well though not completely by choice seeing as they’re hard to find in stores lol. But, as a casual gamer, it’s a bit too pricey for me especially when there’s not a lot of games out for it that I want. Battlefield 2042 looks absolutely sick though, that alone might make the damn system worth it right now.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Tried my hand at the Back 4 Blood demo last week and once again a great game from the creators of Left 4 Dead. The gameplay is very in line with the L4D series, except this time its available for the PS4 too!

I'm also watching the boyfran play through Red Dead Redemption 2-

He's at the part where they come back from Guarma and the game starts to display Arthur is very sick and hard to cure... He says to me
"I've bathed him, fed him a crap ton and made him sleep 19 hours and it still says he's sick!"

Me:
lCsMt4K.jpg

Do I tell him now? :LOL:

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I got a PS5 today and pre-ordered the Death Stranding Directors Cut... oddly enough I can't wait to see how games made specifically for PS5 (as opposed to an upscaled PS4 to PS5 game) take advantage of the haptic feedback in the new controller. That's the weirdest thing I swear lol.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Holy cow, something I thought I'd never see: a cinematic trailer for a new Marvel game based on the Midnight Sons, and it's NOT a mobile game:

Looks pretty dope and Ghost Rider looks f*cking amazing, but where's Moon Knight, Punisher and Morbius? Can't have a Midnight Sons game without them.

But yeah, 2022 is shaping up to be a loaded year for superhero games with Batman: Gotham Knights and the Suicide Squad game coming out and GotG coming out late this year.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I was intrigued when I first saw that trailer. Thought it would be Ultimate Alliance 4 or something but then I heard it was a tactical RPG and just completely lost interest.

Guardians of the Galaxy looks a little underwhelming to be honest. I don't know if it's doing enough to really feel like a satisfying single player experience. The visuals aren't the greatest and from what I've seen of the gameplay, it doesn't exactly look amazing. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I would love for more superhero games to be a thing as long as they're blowing people away but I feel like they really dropped the ball making a Guardians of the Galaxy game a single player one.

I also don't see Suicide Squad releasing next year either if Gotham Knights was already delayed. Especially since they haven't really showed us much of it to begin with.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I got a PS5 today and pre-ordered the Death Stranding Directors Cut... oddly enough I can't wait to see how games made specifically for PS5 (as opposed to an upscaled PS4 to PS5 game) take advantage of the haptic feedback in the new controller. That's the weirdest thing I swear lol.
That is awesome. I really want to replay Death Stranding again but I'd almost kill for a chance to play the PS5 Director's Cut.... Why is life so unfair.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
That is awesome. I really want to replay Death Stranding again but I'd almost kill for a chance to play the PS5 Director's Cut.... Why is life so unfair.
To be honest, literally the only reason I even got the PS5 for an inflated price (didn't buy from a scalper, I found it at my local Vintage Stock) instead of waiting was so that I would have a PS5 in time to play the Death Stranding Director's Cut XD

Jonipoon

To be honest, literally the only reason I even got the PS5 for an inflated price (didn't buy from a scalper, I found it at my local Vintage Stock) instead of waiting was so that I would have a PS5 in time to play the Death Stranding Director's Cut XD
You know, in some way I kind of want to never play it again no matter how much I want to. There's something special about it that makes me want to keep it in my life the way it is. Sort of like life and death itself, you have one run and that's it.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
The Directors Cut has new story elements ;]. But I understand. I love the universe though so I still play it a lot. I've been wanting to play it again and I'm waiting until the Directors Cut comes out and it sucks haha.

Jonipoon

The Directors Cut has new story elements ;]. But I understand. I love the universe though so I still play it a lot. I've been wanting to play it again and I'm waiting until the Directors Cut comes out and it sucks haha.
Yeah I know about the new story elements but you still have to play through all the rest to get to it. I think I'll get there, eventually, when the urge to resist is weakened enough to make me start a new game. (But first I need a PS5 of course).

Some of the additions feel pretty pointless though. Like, did Death Stranding really need its own racing mini-game? It gives me GTA Online vibes. Personally I wish they'd given us a DLC where you play as Fragile, that would've been DOPE.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Yea, I could've done without the racing, I'm with you there.

They also made it a lot easier apparently with the helpers and the jetpack haha.

Top Bottom