• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Listening to?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I always get into arguments because I like most of their albums better than II, something about the production on that album has a "crunchy" quality that I find fatiguing. But strangely, the huge bloated bass of LZ1 doesn't bother me at all.
I'll agree that it does have that quality, but I also like that quality lol. The lack of polish in the mixing and mastering is something I love in lots of music.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Yeah maybe. The only version I have/have heard is the CD released in like, 95 or whatever lol. And to my knowledge it wasn't a remaster or anything like that
There's essentially three generations of Zeppelin's discography on CD:
  1. These were issued early in the format's life, and without the master tapes (or Jimmy Page's input), but essentially sound like the vinyl records do.
  2. Masters in hand, Jimmy Page remastered most of Led Zeppelin's songs for a compilation in 1990, and then everything they omitted the first time, in chronological order followed in 1993.
  3. Starting in 2014, Jimmy Page supervised a shiny new remaster for Zeppelin's debut on iTunes/streaming, and in the hugely expensive Super Deluxe Editions. (Generously, the 1990/1993 remasters are available for streaming also.)
Not to be a know-it-all or anything, this is just one of my hobbies is researching this sort of thing

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I could go on ranking my favorite Zep albums, but I am not sure that would be a real list since it changes all the time. When I was younger, I was really into II and IV. But since I have overdone it with those albums, I am mostly in to Physical Graffiti and Houses of the Holy.

I have never really noticed the differing production values between eras of the music, but it will have to be something I look in to in the next few weeks!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Listening to my newly created Summertime Jams Playlist! Everything from 2Pac to Beach Boys, from Prince to Spin Doctors and everything in between!

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Listening to the new Offspring single. New song in 9 years, and I gotta say, it's quite catchy.

Oh and I also love how for once YouTube doesn't bleep out cuss words in their music vids, cherry on top.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Listening to the new Offspring single. New song in 9 years, and I gotta say, it's quite catchy.

Oh and I also love how for once YouTube doesn't bleep out cuss words in their music vids, cherry on top.
This has been my JAM lately.

Late nights at the office alone, and I listen to horror podcasts because I'm a f*cking freak...

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda

I heard Weezer's cover of Enter Sandman from Metallica's Black Album tribute album on my iHeart favorites station on my iPod at work last night and I must say, it's pretty good. It's something of a jump going from pop punk to thrash metal, but it doesn't miss a beat with them covering it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom