• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What about the movies?

T-virus

Something has been bugging me for a while....I've most of the RE series but has there really been a character in the game whose name is Alice?
In the movies the hero is Alice, and no doubt in my mind were the first two movies pretty good but the third movie got me thinking......what ties does alice share with the game?
who else thought this?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
first off, this really should have been in the movies section, second, theres never been an alice in the games, she was thought up just for the movies, so the movie didnt have to follow the exact game storyline, and putting the main characters in as sub characters, i.e jill in apocalypse, by doing that, they can set it int he resident evil universe, but not have to follow the games to the exact letter.

Jon

Isn't Wesker like, head of Umbrella in the movies? That's stoopid, but I suppose they have different continuity.

ValentineFan

I don't get why they had to make up characters for the movie, there's loads of good ones in the game, and they still could have not had to stick to the game exactly- maybe then, the fans would have liked it better.
I never liked Alice {even though I think Milla Jovovich, the actress who plays her is good}, because she totally stole Jill's rightful spotlight in RE apocalypse.

Ms.Redfieldgirl

I didn't like the movies in my opinion. Alice was based off of Lisa Trevor, having to go through a lot of experiments. I can't believe what they done to nemesis in Apocalypse. What has nemesis done to you?

aintnoscrub

Premium
Ms.Redfieldgirl;38049 said:
I didn't like the movies in my opinion. Alice was based off of Lisa Trevor, having to go through a lot of experiments. I can't believe what they done to nemesis in Apocalypse. What has nemesis done to you?

i never though about it that way, but that makes alot of sense, her being based on lisa...hmm makes you think lol.
lets just hope she doest get all gross and start walking about in chains in future installements.
:blink:

Godammlover

I didn't like the 3rd movie, chances are I'm not going to like the 4th movie either. (As I assume they'll be making a follow on from Res 3, if not a lot of fan geeks will rage) Anyhow, I don't think Re4 Movie will be anything special... I swear if she kills Wesker or he dies stupidly like the 'Tyrant' In re3, I will cry and snap the disc in two.

Ms.Redfieldgirl

iHadeSsS;38057 said:
i never though about it that way, but that makes alot of sense, her being based on lisa...hmm makes you think lol.
lets just hope she doest get all gross and start walking about in chains in future installements.
:blink:
That would freak me out if that happened.

aintnoscrub

Premium
the on upside, lisa is invincible, so i guess thats a plus lol.
so maybe alice could be even more invincible, just very slow and gross.

ValentineFan

Wow! I never knew that Alice was based on Lisa Trevor- But, thinking about her story, I guess that does make sense. I think they are making another RE live action movie, not sure when though or even if Milla Jovovich [Alice] will be in it, cos' she just had a little girl not that long ago.

By the way, La Femme Fatale, love your signature, I'm a huge Marilyn Monroe fan! :D

aintnoscrub

Premium
i believe there may be early talks on a fourth movie, but who will be starring and where its going to be set, is yet to be decided, although, i know everyone wants it to follow on, and be in japan.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
yeah I think her powers are abit crazy haha
capcom didnt even make the residnet evil movies, which sucks!!

if you watch street fighter the legend of chung-li.. the capcom logo shows at the begining of the movie.. even though its not great it still follows the ACTUAL street fighter story... which is really what the resi films should have done... but maybe thats why there nothing like the games.. because capcom ddnt make it lol

aintnoscrub

Premium
the whole mind powers is way over the top for the film, especially for a main character, maybe for a villian..yeah, cuz thats poses a challenge.

Top Bottom