• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Wesker lives........maybe?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I think your quote failed a bit?

Not Wesker, but RE5 Wesker. Remember, there's a difference, at least as far as I'm concerned.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think your quote failed a bit?

Not Wesker, but RE5 Wesker. Remember, there's a difference, at least as far as I'm concerned.
I don't think theres much a difference....i actually think RE5 Wesker was good character development...i mean he went from just bein a dick bad guy(RE1) to a sinister mind(CVX) To a Shadowy Leader(RE4) and finaly to comic book villian megalomaniac(RE5)...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I don't think theres much a difference....i actually think RE5 Wesker was good character development...i mean he went from just bein a **** bad guy(RE1) to a sinister mind(CVX) To a Shadowy Leader(RE4) and finaly to comic book villian megalomaniac(RE5)...

At 38 by RE1(1998), I think he's really developed all he's really needed to. 48 by RE5(2008 or was it 2009 I think they changed it).

Anyway, was he going through a midlife crisis? I mean, it's not like he was a teenager becoming a man, or a prebubescent becoming a teen...it was an older man. Senile was a word used for him. That's not a word used for young people.

Anyway, the development was odd, annoying, didn't make any sense, and I hated it. Claire's development was great, Leon, up to RE4 anyway, Chris, Jill, etc. Wesker though, not at all.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
At 38 by RE1(1998), I think he's really developed all he's really needed to. 48 by RE5(2008 or was it 2009 I think they changed it).

Anyway, was he going through a midlife crisis? I mean, it's not like he was a teenager becoming a man, or a prebubescent becoming a teen...it was an older man. Senile was a word used for him. That's not a word used for young people.

Anyway, the development was odd, annoying, didn't make any sense, and I hated it. Claire's development was great, Leon, up to RE4 anyway, Chris, Jill, etc. Wesker though, not at all.
See, i see his development as just becoming more and more power hungry as the series progresses...ultimaltey its his downfall in RE5 just as it was his REberith(get it) in RE1...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
See, i see his development as just becoming more and more power hungry as the series progresses...ultimaltey its his downfall in RE5 just as it was his REberith(get it) in RE1...

I think everything up to RE4 was great. It seemed like a natural development. In RE5, once he stole Spencer's plans.

I keep mentioning that, did you notice it at all, his plans were pretty much exactly what Spencer has been trying to achieve. That isn't good character development. It seems like they dropped whatever he had planned and just used Spencer's plans for him. That's lame.

I remember at the end of Separate Ways in RE4, his motives and all were a bit mysterious. Definately a nice little cliffhanger, and Capcom neglected to really answer any of those questions, and also took a completely different turn with his character.

Anyway, the development was odd, annoying, didn't make any sense, and I hated it.
Oh yes, I couldn't agree with you more. Part of me likes alot of things about RE5 Wesker and RE5 in general, but overall, I would have definately wanted things differently. I remember us having this conversation a while back. I missed you buddy. ^_^

I personally feel that you can see the change in UC, the rather noticable differences in the redone scene between him and Birkin. In zero you can see that he has some respect for William. In UC he is just an asshole and walks away from him. This is just one example. Wesker has always been an ass, but not just for the sake of being an ass and having it overdone. But that's just me.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Oh yes, I couldn't agree with you more. Part of me likes alot of things about RE5 Wesker and RE5 in general, but overall, I would have definately wanted things differently. I remember us having this conversation a while back. I missed you buddy. ^_^

I personally feel that you can see the change in UC, the rather noticable differences in the redone scene between him and Birkin. In zero you can see that he has some respect for William. In UC he is just an ******* and walks away from him. This is just one example. Wesker has always been an ass, but not just for the sake of being an ass and having it overdone. But that's just me.

Yes, I remember we were on the same page regarding him.

And of course, there are tons of examples of his changing personality in UC. The stuff with Birkin really bugged me. They made him sound like a 2 year old, and of course Wesker was an unfeeling robot in that one, so he just walked away because he's too cool for anybody else. Really sucks what they changed his character into.

He was cool, interesting, and really stood out, now, just a Terminator/Matrix ripoff I think. Not to mention DC Douglas' version of the voice.

While I still prefer Waugh I think DC kinda grew on me a little. He did a way better job in 5. Definately had some memorable lines. XD

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think everything up to RE4 was great. It seemed like a natural development. In RE5, once he stole Spencer's plans.

I keep mentioning that, did you notice it at all, his plans were pretty much exactly what Spencer has been trying to achieve. That isn't good character development. It seems like they dropped whatever he had planned and just used Spencer's plans for him. That's lame.

I remember at the end of Separate Ways in RE4, his motives and all were a bit mysterious. Definately a nice little cliffhanger, and Capcom neglected to really answer any of those questions, and also took a completely different turn with his character.

I think the stealing Spencer's plans came from the realization that there were other Wesker children though...i mean it seemed to affect him, though we arent sure how...or at least i don't remember how(Been a while since i played it)...and i think that was where the development really came in...

Maddog2212

Clone Wesker? What the hell is that.

Anyway, if in ORC we play as USF, then the antagonists will probably be the BOWs and zombies of course, as well as the people trying to stop Umbrella and survive right? Leon, Claire, Jill, Carlos, etc.

Alex Wesker is probably the runner up in the villian department though, but he will probably be in RER.
Yeah by "clone Wesker" I was referring to Alex, but I couldn't remember his name.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Wesker Lives ..maybe!?! I think It's cliche for any Resident Evil villan to be blown up by a rocket launcher, most RE games I played ended with a RPG scene, that or a explossion of some sort. In RE5 I was convinced Wesker died, but a few people I've discussed this with on xboxlive, they say the rocket fired missed Wesker, but sometimes people say things that they might think they mean when they say it but they only say it to argue, Because being blown up while burning in a volcano ...Really, people think he's gonna survive? :/

As for this Clone Wesker, It's possible, for example the whole reason why Wesker killed Spencer in RE5, and the satisfying rise and fall of Wesker being found alive again in RE5, whichs leads to a cliche helicopter scene Que lines "so Wesker was still alive! not anymore. & yes it was worth it .." que RE6 clone wesker!!? lol d :

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
I think Wesker should stay dead, it would be silly to keep bringing him back from the dead like Jason Vorhees. I guess you never know in the crazy world of RE though but I'd rather want to see a new badguy.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
For the people who want Alex Wesker to be a girl ask yourselves....

Wouldn't she most likely be Alice (from the movie) brought into the RE game world?

I mean, Alice like wesker has all kinds of inhuman powers so making Alex Wesker a girl would just feel like to me like Capcom is trying to copy Alice from the films into the RE series as Alex Wesker.

So in short, I really would not want Alex Wesker to be a girl.

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
I think it should be Nickali or how ever it's spelled from RE3 I read somewhere that it's canon for him to escape but then nothing is know about him.

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
Spike, the ORC are members of the USS, not USF (though i think USS is a part of USF, or maybe USF doesn't even exist ~ big confusion). The primary antagonists will be Spec Ops, and most likely, any civillians you find (including Leon). There's no confirmation about Claire, Jill, Carlos or the Outbreak charactersl. I think the BOW's, and particularly, the zombies, will be more like an "environemnt" factor in the middle of the USS-Spec Ops war, which can be an inconvenient/problem, or used against your enemy.

Clone Wesker? I really hope it's just a rumor...

For Claire not being confirmed I saw a trailer on this board that showed at one part the USS is going into and alley or something and Leon yells, "Now Claire" and then it showed her go around a corner with her nad launcher.

Top Bottom