• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wesker in TDC

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I found the way Douglas raped the great lines from RE0 that Waugh had already done to be cruel and unusual in it's own...that is something that makes seeing Wesker in DC to be just as unfortunate.:(

I mean we can all say that Douglas was much improved by RE5, no way was he what Wesker should have been like, but it was alot better than UC, and maybe because his lines were not copying others, they were his own...

Waugh's laugh in Code Veronica was....odd, to say the least, and the one laugh we got from him by Assignment Ada, that was just magnificant, not to mention his laugh at the end of CVX was good too.:)

You see you seem to sympathize with Douglas more than Anderson, while I can sympathize for Anderson as I don't think he really raped the RE franchise, the movies are not part of the RE canon, in the games anyway, they have their own canon, and can be simply disregarded, however hard it may be. The thing about Douglas is that although it was just a voice, it is something that cannot be ignored or disregarded, it is there in the RE canon, and we cannot ingore that, so in a way, I think they are pretty even between the two.:)

Spike991;45869 said:
Waugh's laugh in Code Veronica was....odd, to say the least, and the one laugh we got from him by Assignment Ada, that was just magnificant, not to mention his laugh at the end of CVX was good too.:)
You're quite the mind reader. Notice I said his laugh in the beggining of CV, but the one at the end was great. And in RE4 it was great.

You see you seem to sympathize with Douglas more than Anderson, while I can sympathize for Anderson as I don't think he really raped the RE franchise, the movies are not part of the RE canon, in the games anyway, they have their own canon, and can be simply disregarded, however hard it may be. The thing about Douglas is that although it was just a voice, it is something that cannot be ignored or disregarded, it is there in the RE canon, and we cannot ingore that, so in a way, I think they are pretty even between the two.:)

I have more have more sympathy for DC because he simply did the voice acting. It was Capcom that made him have to take a serum and all that other stuff that truely messed up his character. (IMO)

Anderson on the other hand made the story of the RE movies. True they are not canon but it is still a major insult to the name of Resident Evil. You don't know how irritated I feel when someone who has only seen the movies tries to correct me on something that was canon from the game. Im like "NO the movies have NOTHING to do with the games. This is NOT the real story of RE." Because of Anderson, people who only watch the movies have no idea of the true glory of the real RE.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yeah, I guess Waugh realized after hearing it in CV that it sounded really odd, and akward.:) He also perfect it in RE0, although it was a small chuckle...

But you see, that is exactly what I mean, there are bad things that both did, but there are also things about each that don't make them such bad guys.:) Doulas, he only did the voice, but he should have researched and pay more attention to what Wesker really sounded like, and because of this we have to listen to him speak, and we cannot ignore it...

While Anderson almost insulted RE by taking the characters and making them have black hair, smoke and try to be all badass, his original intention of making a movie as a prequel to the first game was screwed over by Capcom, when they made RE0, and he had no choice but to make them his own(assuming he made sequels at all I suppose),but they are not in the same canon, and thus can be completely ignored, you can pretend they don't even exist.:)

I still wish they would have kept the first guy who came to them with a script. And even if he couldn't do a prequel, why stray THAT far from the real thing?

Spike991;45869 said:
I found the way Douglas raped the great lines from RE0 that Waugh had already done to be cruel and unusual in it's own...that is something that makes seeing Wesker in DC to be just as unfortunate.:(
My apologies, I forgot to reply to this. I think that was more of Capcom's doing. You're refering to the incident where he treat's Birkin like crap right? Well Regardless of what DC was meant to say, Capcom was responsible for the act of Wesker just walking out on him like that. True he left him in Zero, but with much more respect. It wasn't an, "Oh well b*tch" like it was in UC, but a farewell in 0. DC simply did what Capcom wanted him to do.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
The other guy, George Romero? I think once Anderson's film was scrapped aside by Capcom, he had no choice but to make it his own, and if it is going to be your own series, why would you want to keep it like the games that it is no longer a part of? Even had Anderson tried to go into the stuff Capcom was going to, the RE game is hard to put into a movie, the experience cannot be the same, even if you stick to the original story...

As for the RE0 part in UC, sure that whole way that he acted towards Birkin was stupid, as in RE0 he seemed to even want Will to come with him, but Will was so intent on completing G, he couldn't imagine leaving, hence his line, "You can't be serious, I refuse to abandon my work. I have finished the research on the T-virus and need a little more time to complete the more powerful G-virus".

Well anyway, I didn't mean just the way he acted, not just the lines, but the way Douglas did them, hearing Waugh's great lines that I had remembered so well in RE0, shredded by Capcom's new ones that were reminiscent of the old ones, but with a new voice helping tear them apart...it was just very unappealing...and it wouldn't have been so bad had Capcom not kept him after UC, no one else returned after UC other than Douglas.

Spike991;45881 said:
The other guy, George Romero? I think once Anderson's film was scrapped aside by Capcom, he had no choice but to make it his own, and if it is going to be your own series, why would you want to keep it like the games that it is no longer a part of? Even had Anderson tried to go into the stuff Capcom was going to, the RE game is hard to put into a movie, the experience cannot be the same, even if you stick to the original story...
I understand that it doesn't have to be exactly like the game, but to change it so much. It just bothers me. Buuuut meh, I just don't buy or watch em.

"the RE game is hard to put into a movie."

Funny you say that. Because I have this strong belief that if was originally animated, STAY animated. You just can't pull these things off in real life and make it look good. Maybe with some series like some of Marvel's comics, but alot of them are just better off animated. That's why I was happy to hear about RED when it was first annouced.

As for the RE0 part in UC, sure that whole way that he acted towards Birkin was stupid, as in RE0 he seemed to even want Will to come with him, but Will was so intent on completing G, he couldn't imagine leaving, hence his line, "You can't be serious, I refuse to abandon my work. I have finished the research on the T-virus and need a little more time to complete the more powerful G-virus".
Yes, I hated the redone scene in UC. They changed it so much.

Well anyway, I didn't mean just the way he acted, not just the lines, but the way Douglas did them, hearing Waugh's great lines that I had remembered so well in RE0, shredded by Capcom's new ones that were reminiscent of the old ones, but with a new voice helping tear them apart...it was just very unappealing...and it wouldn't have been so bad had Capcom not kept him after UC, no one else returned after UC other than Douglas.
Well, it is a new voice, and after being so attached to Waugh it could seem that DC just made them sound worst. Lets say Waugh did do Wesker's voice in UC, to me it would have been just as bad hearing Waugh say it. The skit was screwed either way.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yeah, I do believe RE should be animated only, so I hope they do that from now on. Not to say Degeneration didn't have it's flaws, it had plenty of them, they needed more than just Alyson Court & Paul Mercier...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yeah, but I was especially looking forward to hearing her, it was nice, and that she sounded the same, but one thing I think could have made it 10x better, would have been the music...I didn't like the wierd Japanese rock/pop, wierd music they played, like when Curtis was owning the soldiers...

They should make the music more fitting, more intelligent, more eery, epic, etc.:) The type of stuff we heard in RE5 was nice, or maybe like in Outbreak or RE0, I would love that.

Levan

Polkka. lol
Hunnigan's in DC? o_O

Could anyone send me a link on a video where Hunnigan said her line? I'd like to see it. I think I heard it before... But meh I can't remember. Thanks. :)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Levan;46056 said:
Hunnigan's in DC? o_O

Could anyone send me a link on a video where Hunnigan said her line? I'd like to see it. I think I heard it before... But meh I can't remember. Thanks. :)

Oh I was talking about Degeneration, not DC, but if she is in there, I would like to hear it too.:)

Levan

Polkka. lol
Oh Degeneration... I thought it was about DC. D:

Maybe she'll be in DC, since if they knew each other in the past and Leon would be going to SA through orders of the government, she'll probably be his communication. :p

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yeah maybe, although it seems like they met for the first time two years after the SA mission, so it might be a little less likely that we will see her.:)

Top Bottom