• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wesker in TDC

bruno

Chief Researcher
D.C. Douglas, voice actor for Wesker in RE UC and RE 5 confirms he made Wesker's voice in TDC. Unfortunately, as it seems, it was only a little bit. :confused:
I hope Wesker and Chris are both present in the CV part and it's not only a flashback or a conversation with Ada.

EDIT: Almost forgot the link to the video
http://www.un-wiredtv.com/

The Darkside Chronicles? *Sigh* Man...This might not be good. I could be wrong though.

Edit: Oh a video *Watching video now*

bruno

Chief Researcher
why isn't it good? wesker was in CVX. What worries me is that he only did a little bit.

^That was before you posted the video.

Please allow me to re-word myself.

Ahem...OMG I CHANGE MY MIND I THINK I LOVE THIS GUY NOW!!! Lol! Dude, I can totaly hear Wesker in his voice. Especially when he goes "Uhhhhh" and "I" XD

So Wesker wanted people to rule by his side possibly? That definately shines some light on Wesker if that statement was meant to be true. Then they played my favorate song during the interview. "Majini in flames"

"I decided to conduct an interview with un wired TV." He made it sound so epic! Makes ya wonder how Wesker gets around with daily life talking like that. XD

"Now you tumble this way, you roll that way, you flip back that way- Yeeeeeaaah I won't be doing that." That was for the win! XDXDXD He seems like a nice and cool guy. Makes it easier to accept him.

I knew it! That "CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!" Line blew his voice out. XD

Did anyone else find it funny and ironic that the picture of terminator shows right before the Wesker one?

He didn't nessasarily mean that Wesker's time is short in DC. I think he meant that it was short compared to RE5. Of course I don't expect to see him all through DC.

Lol, anyways im happy now. ^^

Why? Is it because DC will be doing DC Wesker? While im still curious as to why they dropped Waugh completely, (I think it had something to do with money.) DC is not that bad, he did a much better job in 5 than in UC.

Tyrant

bruno;45770 said:
D.C. Douglas, voice actor for Wesker in RE UC and RE 5 confirms he made Wesker's voice in TDC. Unfortunately, as it seems, it was only a little bit. :confused:
I hope Wesker and Chris are both present in the CV part and it's not only a flashback or a conversation with Ada.

EDIT: Almost forgot the link to the video
http://www.un-wiredtv.com/

Well being they screwed with the UC storyline already it is very possible and already did screw with TDSC But discluding characters I doubt they will do because there is the whole faithful fight with Wesker and Alexia and Chris watches from the sidelines so they should add that even if its another JUST wesker chapter of the game like 4th survivor and the Ada mission and UC

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Right on the money.:) Yeah I am dissapointed that they dropped the guy who has made the voice, and who was inpiration for everyone since then.

I think this interview makes me feel better about Douglas, but I still think he overdoes the british thing, and that just really ****es me off...

Especially when listening to him speaking normally and realizing that he sounded fairly close to Peter Jessop in REmake, and how he could do so much better, had he not overdone it like he has.:(

^Im sorry you feel that way. I prefer Waugh, but I like DC too. It's not him it's Capcom that screwed over Wesker's character and story. And as you know, I personally prefer the British thing.

To Tyrant: I fear that even though we'll get to see old friends return, the scenes are just gonna be half assed like they were in UC. Seeing Ada walking with Claire has pretty much confirmed it in my opinion. Ada and Claire never walked together. They've already messed it up. >_>

Tyrant

That I do know and also how the whole Re2 Story is gonna be in the Police Station as well as seeing Marvin dead at the water fountain rather then in the next room >.> They need to get there acts together

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yeah I know, but it is easier to blame one person, rather than alot of people.:) Well on that note, I think both played their fair role in how Wesker has turned out, with Douglas' overdoing the lines and making it sound so fake and unnatural, alot of that is a result of Capcom's writers, and how they have changed the personality and the things Wesker would say...so I think it is safe to say that Capcom is the real antagonist here, and I would be lying if I said that this interview didn't make me feel better about 'Mr. Two initials and a last name', but I still feel like we were given the perfect voice for the character already, and it is like if they changed Alyson Court or Paul Mercier, it just cannot be done.

I've dealt with so many series with so many voice changes im kinda used to it, but at the same time im not. As long as it seems to fit the character. If Waugh absolutely had to go, I think this is a good replacement, rather than to have some other lamemo who didn't know what he was doing. But that's just me.

"Mr two intials and a last name." XD Till this day I wonder what DC means.

Tyrant

It would be hilarious if they got like... Phil LaMarr to do Wesker and have the whole Vamp gay thing goin on with him like he became a friggen vampire or something

This is how it would go

Chris: "Wesker! You're Alive?!?!"
Wesker: "I VANT TO SUCK YER BLOOD >D"

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
013;45820 said:
I've dealt with so many series with so many voice changes im kinda used to it, but at the same time im not. As long as it seems to fit the character. If Waugh absolutely had to go, I think this is a good replacement, rather than to have some other lamemo who didn't know what he was doing. But that's just me.

"Mr two intials and a last name." XD Till this day I wonder what DC means.

You can be used to it, but that doesn't mean you have to like it.:) I think that is a good way to look at it, "If Waugh absolutely had to go, I think this is a good replacement". And I would completely agree and would even not mind Douglas so much, if he just did the voice like he should. I think if you listen back to Waugh, he did sound slightly british, but it was only a hint of it, now it is like someone threw the entire spice in there.

I had seen something with Douglas on Youtube awhile back, and I heard him speaking normally, & I had the same analysis I have now, if he just spoke normally it would sound pretty damn good.:) I loved Jessop as the american Wesker, and I think Douglas could have done that perfectly, with a hint of brit...

Well maybe Douglas can start a club, in which only people with two initials and a last name can join, with him and Paul W.S. Anderson as the founders.:) Coincidentally both guys are infamous for something similar...

Tyrant

Yeah and Joining that fan club could be l.l cool jay or whatever

I dont listen to rap >.>

bruno

Chief Researcher
actually i like the british accent. It fits well with the character and adds some mistery to his voice. Wesker's voice in Remake sounds a little childish to me...

Tyrant

Dont open that door!

The original voice was good so thats what they used for REmake
but the British accent topped his character in a way that Resident Evil fans boys and girls more or likely had some sort of orgasmic feeling

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Tyrant;45833 said:
Yeah and Joining that fan club could be l.l cool jay or whatever

I dont listen to rap >.>

lol, you don't have to listen to rap to know who L.L. Cool Jay is.:) He was in SWAT.

@Bruno, you thought Jessop sounded "childish"? I thought that as the american Wesker, that voice was so fitting that it was almost frightening how well it went with the character.:)

The british thing surely fits, otherwise it wouldn't have been changed to in CV, then continued in CVX, RE0, RE4, etc. But it is ridiculous just how british it sounds, when Douglas has done the voice anyway.

While it's fun to have a perfect voice, i've also grown to RE funny lines and voice acting.

Like the way UC Wesker pronouces his s and the halarious way he saids, Zhombezs. Lol. That's one of the reasons I like both Waugh and DC. Waugh perfected Wesker, while DC gave him a good voice, but added more humor with his funny pronoucing. (After all it's RE tradition to have bad pronoucing.) And let's not forget Wesker's most famous line at the moment. COMPLETE GLOWBOW SATURATION *Deep sigh*

Then again, Waugh was kinda funny in CV when he first started out with that goofy ass laugh in the beggining. (Which was later perfected in 4.)
Spike991;45829 said:
Well maybe Douglas can start a club, in which only people with two initials and a last name can join, with him and Paul W.S. Anderson as the founders.:) Coincidentally both guys are infamous for something similar...

Im sorry, but I can't put those two on the same level. DC just did a voice. But Anderson has raped the RE francise beyond unspeakable levels.

Tyrant

xD
This conversation is just escalating between the three of us isnt it?

Now.
I agree with 013 on the voices

My Favorite Chris line:
"I've had enough of your bull****!!-stab-"

Top Bottom