• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Want to know what the Villager says to leon

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Broken Butterfly;46710 said:
I think it's harder to have a game killing Mexicans than it is to have a game killing Spaniards thanks to PC-ness.
That made no sense. What are you implying? That it's more okay to kill Spaniards than it is to kill Mexicans? And what are "PC-ness"?

Our enemy are the plagas controlling their hosts. The game had to be set somewhere and it doesn't have to be in the US every time.

rocklikebrucelee;46715 said:
Well, in the end, they were Spanish (even though the game never said it was set in Spain because Spain had a problem with that), they spoke Spanish, and had the Spanish currency.
Spain had a problem with it? lol.
In what year does the RE story take place? The pesetas was replaced by euros (€) in 2002.

rocklikebrucelee

Yeah. I read somewhere that Spain got offended and told Capcom not include it's name in the game. Of course the language, currency, and that "small town in europe" bit was a dead giveaway.
It's funny... when the Ganados (ganados = "the won over") said "Cogedlo!", I thought they were saying "****/rape him!"
Over here on the US/Mexico border, the word Coger means to ****. it's not really used for "grab" around here. haha I was laughing my *** off!

bruno

Chief Researcher
Lol. I knew about coger having two meanungs, but never realized that during the game. :lol:

D

Deleted member 1428

rocklikebrucelee;46808 said:
Yeah. I read somewhere that Spain got offended and told Capcom not include it's name in the game. Of course the language, currency, and that "small town in europe" bit was a dead giveaway.
It's funny... when the Ganados (ganados = "the won over") said "Cogedlo!", I thought they were saying "****/rape him!"
Over here on the US/Mexico border, the word Coger means to ****. it's not really used for "grab" around here. haha I was laughing my *** off!

For coger I use the second meaning which is to grab.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
rocklikebrucelee;46808 said:
Yeah. I read somewhere that Spain got offended and told Capcom not include it's name in the game.
Incredible. :lol:

It means what? Fuсk?

D

Deleted member 1428

yup. But I it's other meaning which is to grab.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
If anyone's still interested... I know this thread's a little old... but I found a good translation guide of everything said in the game

http://buttonmashing.com/2005/01/15/resident-evil-4-translation-guide/

NOTE ON "COGER": I think it's only in Latin American/Mexican Spanish that "coger" means "f***". RE4 is set in Europe, and in European Spanish "f***" is "joder". "Coger" is just "to take" or "to grab" in European Spanish, not swearing ^_^

(Spanish speaker, been to Spain several times)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Funny how the same Spanish word can have different meaning in America and Europe. I know there's a few similar examples with UK and Australian English.

Romero;30461 said:
Here's a big translation guide I found:

Guide
This guide is bigger, aha.

Top Bottom