• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Village, church or military island?

D

Deleted member 21244

The village, especially the first part is my favorite part of the game if not one of the best part in videogame history
I also like the castle part and the island one

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Hum... not sure, but I would say the labs areas where the Regenerators are to be found, which takes place in the island.

It's one of those segments of the game where you trully feel that, despite taking a more action oriented genre, that is still a Resident Evil game, because there is all that classic suspense, emphasized by the creepy Regenator theme and sounds they make, being locked in a room with one of them.

I love that part! I think that the military island is the worst part of the game (still like an 8), but that part is terrifying and so intense. The first time I heard that breathing, it tortured ME.

dasdasdasd

Which area was your favorite?

The island was by far my least favorite. For one, I didn't like that the enemies started shooting guns. Also, outside of the Regenerator, the island area pretty much lacked any horror atmosphere.

Anyway, my favorite was the castle, though the village is also good. I just liked the castle setting, for one, and enemies had cool designs. I feel the castle also had a great atmosphere.
Well my favourite area was the Castle. It's scary, mysterious and beautiful. It reminds me of the first resident evil game. The mansion in that game was as big as this castle(it wasn't that big, but still), it was scary and mysterious. The background noises and the music were very similar to the first game(well there were no religious zealots chanting in the background but some of the noises and the music was similar). By far the best place in my opinion.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
It's so long since I played this game. Novistadors are the giant bugs in a cave system under the castle or somewhere on the island?

The prisoners with the wolverine claws were scary
I don't remember any prisoners with wolverine claws, or is that how one could describe the Garradors?

It's maybe 8 years since I played the game, and what sticks best to my memory are the first village and the early and middle parts of the castle. These are my favorite areas, with the castle being on top because of the music and sound.

RE4 was my first horror game and I was spooked already before approaching the very first building at the start. Before I had encountered any living being. It was something with the atmosphere.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I like the Castle area a lot. It has a lot of iconic locations and feels very eerie to be in. But is also has the most over the top sections in the game (Lava Room, Drill Room, Giant Walking Statues, Mine Cart Relay!, etc.)

Each one of those locations feel iconic, but I have to say - they were weird choices at the time and added a lot of silliness.

Mr.R

I do prefer the Castle too. But I'm very biased, because I love castles. The atmosphere is on point, the place is very varied and no room feel alike (indeed, kinda like the Spencer Mansion). The only thing about the Castle part that it's 'meh' for me is the mine area.

Then comes the village. The place is pretty spooky the first time you play and it helps to set a good atmosphere, especially at night. It doesn't have much detail though and by the end it starts to look too much the same. Still good.

The island is...okay-ish. In my opinion, RE always drops the ball in the game's last areas overall. It's always a bunch of uninspired labs and stuff. The island does have some interesting ruins, but the game doesn't elaborate on that (some files could be good. Just to explain what they are and to flesh some more lore in the place you're fighting). Again, it's not bad and some of the areas are really good, but I prefer the Castle and the Village's atmospheres better.

rashawnvalentine

I love the village part of RE4. Just the whole mood that it set and the enemies, and how the guns you use aren't that strong yet. I just love everything about the village. But, the castle is my least favorite part but has cooler bosses to fight. I literally was just talking about this on the new longplay I posted on Youtube.

Top Bottom