• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Tips for Mendez fight on pro

Nosophoros

I'm currently stuck on the Chief Mendez boss fight on professional mode. I tried to kill him yesterday and lost. I have about 3 nades, a red9, a rifle, a TMP, and a shotgun. I can get him down to his second form but then I die. Any suggestions?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I have not played on pro mode, but I'm going to assume that the difference is health, and that a tactic which makes it easy on normal mode is going to help on pro mode as well.

1) (You maybe know about this trick)
On Mendez' second form (where you start the battle), immediately turn around and climb the ladder behind you. Then turn left and run the ledge towards the other ladder. Stop behind the structure and stay close to the wall. You can shoot him through the structure thing, do that. Also make use of that gas barrel nearby, lure him close to it and make it explode. If he survives, return to the first position and shoot him more.
He can not reach you if you stay behind the "structure" and near the wall. Because you look down on him, it's easy to hit his plaga tentacles. I believe that's a vulnerable part. His spine is also vulnerable, but difficult to hit from up there.
Use any of your guns here, but save your shotgun shells till later. If I recall correctly, the distance is a bit long for a shotgun.

2) When you fight against Mendez' torso (I call this the third form), you can stay up there, but you'll have to run around. Make him fall down (either with your shotgun or a flashbang), then throw real grenades on him. I advise doing this on the ledge, because the grenade blast will really hurt him even if he jumps up before the grenade explodes. If you do this down on the floor, it's easier to miss with the grenade.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well I don't know if I can really add anything, as I remember it being a pain in the ass too...

You should just dodge whenever, that helps, and use grenades.:) And be sure to hit him...

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Incendiary grenades are particularly effective against him; I remember a while back my friend was playing professional, and he used six well-placed incendiary grenades, the explosion from the gas barrel, a rifle shot or two, and a hand grenade to take Mendez down. So, if ya got 'em- use them. :)

Anyway, especially in this case, try to buy a little more health so you can fight him for longer. Usually, when I fight Mendez, I go up the ladder behind Leon, wait for him to come closer, then jump down and start firing away at his torso. Not sure if this has helped or not, but good luck.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
And get any of the herb mixtures you can, if I recall, there is a yellow, red & green herbs sitting at the top part for you to grab.:)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
rathit;44921 said:
LFF is right, he is very vulnerabale to fire.
Yes he is vulnerable to fire, but isn't this true for most enemies?

As for the number of incendiaries, eight will kill him (I think that was normal mode).

When I fought him, I found frag grenades to be equal (or maybe better) than incendiaries.

Nosophoros

Well, due to the higher sale price I would think they'd be more effective. But on the other hand incendiaries are his weakness, so I guess they'd be equal.

Top Bottom