• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Thoughts on Lisa Trevors Intelligance...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
See i suppose i never looked at it as annoying because he was never near one of my favorite characters...i mean i didnt hate him, but he wasnt awesome...Actually, i don't think ive been into any human villians minus Birkin...

I liked that, how he slid by, just doing his thing.

He was such a human character, with human flaws. Even after becoming...less than human, like in CVX & RE4.

RE5, and UC for that matter, just changed him. I guess some liked it and other didn't.

It just was so innappropriate, for such an established character, this late in the series, for such a spontaneous and drastic change.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I liked that, how he slid by, just doing his thing.

He was such a human character, with human flaws. Even after becoming...less than human, like in CVX & RE4.

RE5, and UC for that matter, just changed him. I guess some liked it and other didn't.

It just was so innappropriate, for such an established character, this late in the series, for such a spontaneous and drastic change.

Oh it wasnt his humantiy/reality that i didnt like...see its like when you have a teacher and just don't care for them but at the same time you know youve had worse so the teacher is just sort of "meh"...thats how i feel about Wesker both in the original and in RE5 and UC...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Oh it wasnt his humantiy/reality that i didnt like...see its like when you have a teacher and just don't care for them but at the same time you know youve had worse so the teacher is just sort of "meh"...thats how i feel about Wesker both in the original and in RE5 and UC...

Who would be the worse teacher in this analogy?

I liked how his character was presented, and in a very real way. In RE5, it's very over the top, in your face, you're gonna be forced to notice all the Matrix rip-off, high flying, gymnastic barrel rolls, backflips, etc, in addition to him all of a sudden being a martial arts master....

Anyway, yeah, it's how he was presented in RE5, that makes Joe Schmoe, who's never played an RE before RE5, goes into that game, sees all of those ridiculous BS things that Wesker does, that aren't his character at all, and just falls in love with his character. Annoying, and overpopular his character becomes.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Who would be the worse teacher in this analogy?

I liked how his character was presented, and in a very real way. In RE5, it's very over the top, in your face, you're gonna be forced to notice all the Matrix rip-off, high flying, gymnastic barrel rolls, backflips, etc, in addition to him all of a sudden being a martial arts master....

Anyway, yeah, it's how he was presented in RE5, that makes Joe Schmoe, who's never played an RE before RE5, goes into that game, sees all of those ridiculous BS things that Wesker does, that aren't his character at all, and just falls in love with his character. Annoying, and overpopular his character becomes.

In all honesty i thought his character was already overpopular, but no different than Leon on Chris in that respect...

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Haha I love that.

Q Thoughts on Lisa Trevor
First post to reply..
She is ugly.
And that's why this place is awesome. haha!!

I think even after all the mutations from the virus, under all the disfigurements there's a lady lol, deep down you would still be yourself, cant imagine how bad it would be, but you'd be pretty cranky. >.<

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Haha I love that.

Q Thoughts on Lisa Trevor
First post to reply..

And that's why this place is awesome. haha!!

I think even after all the mutations from the virus, under all the disfigurements there's a lady lol, deep down you would still be yourself, cant imagine how bad it would be, but you'd be pretty cranky. >.<

She's just having a bad hair day. And a bad face day.

Yeah, she's probably pretty cute when she puts on her face....

@Kennedy, that's what I mean. He wasn't really any more overpopular than Chris or Leon. At this point, that's not the case.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
She's just having a bad hair day. And a bad face day.

Yeah, she's probably pretty cute when she puts on her face....

@Kennedy, that's what I mean. He wasn't really any more overpopular than Chris or Leon. At this point, that's not the case.

Bad tentacle day...

@Spike, what do you mean...you think he's more popular than Leon or Chris by now...i can't agree with that...not when it comes to actualy RE fans at least...maybe to some obsessive fan girls who like tall dark and Brittish though...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Bad tentacle day...

@Spike, what do you mean...you think he's more popular than Leon or Chris by now...i can't agree with that...not when it comes to actualy RE fans at least...maybe to some obsessive fan girls who like tall dark and Brittish though...

That's exactly what I think. I think there are a good bulk of RE fans that appreciate tons of other great characters, as there are so many, RE is a character driven story, but the overpopularity for Wesker is pretty huge at this point.

I see it all the time, and not just on the web, but in real-life(just off the web).

And it's the same story everytime. I get tired of hearing people say, "Wesker is just a badass" and all that mumbo jumbo. That's not how I looked at his character, and that's not the character he was.

What they changed him into, was someone that people in general, mostly new people though, would see his character and just be amazed. They definately overlook other great characters, like in RE5 for instance, overlooking Chris.

There are more, WeskerFangirls than I would like, but IDK.

There are a big enough number of Wesker fanboys, and for the wrong reasons, that I find it annoying. It was the same way with Leon for awhile. Not sure if he's still got that following.

What bugs me is the way they messed up his character, voice, personality, goals, style, etc. The overpopular thing is just the icing on top.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
That's exactly what I think. I think there are a good bulk of RE fans that appreciate tons of other great characters, as there are so many, RE is a character driven story, but the overpopularity for Wesker is pretty huge at this point.

I see it all the time, and not just on the web, but in real-life(just off the web).

And it's the same story everytime. I get tired of hearing people say, "Wesker is just a badass" and all that mumbo jumbo. That's not how I looked at his character, and that's not the character he was.

What they changed him into, was someone that people in general, mostly new people though, would see his character and just be amazed. They definately overlook other great characters, like in RE5 for instance, overlooking Chris.

There are more, WeskerFangirls than I would like, but IDK.

There are a big enough number of Wesker fanboys, and for the wrong reasons, that I find it annoying. It was the same way with Leon for awhile. Not sure if he's still got that following.

What bugs me is the way they messed up his character, voice, personality, goals, style, etc. The overpopular thing is just the icing on top.

See, now we are FINALY in agreement Spike...I think the same thing about Wesker, only it dosnt bother me so much because of how i never thought he was badass to begin with...I mean, wether the writers wanted him that way or not dosn't change the way i think of him...as a cool character, but not as amazing as Leon, Jill, or Ada...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
See, now we are FINALY in agreement Spike...I think the same thing about Wesker, only it dosnt bother me so much because of how i never thought he was badass to begin with...I mean, wether the writers wanted him that way or not dosn't change the way i think of him...as a cool character, but not as amazing as Leon, Jill, or Ada...

Capcom has just been annoying me the last few years...things with characters, the story, gameplay, etc. They are making all the wrong moves.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Capcom has just been annoying me the last few years...things with characters, the story, gameplay, etc. They are making all the wrong moves.

Well anything that's successful is a series of mistakes...So instead of doing wrong, i look at it as realizing what NOT to do...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Well anything that's successful is a series of mistakes...So instead of doing wrong, i look at it as realizing what NOT to do...

That works for some of it, but in regards to Wesker, it's not like they can test things like that out, without ruining a character entirely.

I mean, sure, they tested out the martial arts and leather trenchcoats with superhuman powers. They did the Matrix thing, and I hope they are happy with the restults. They ruined a character, and accomplished nothing.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
That works for some of it, but in regards to Wesker, it's not like they can test things like that out, without ruining a character entirely.

I mean, sure, they tested out the martial arts and leather trenchcoats with superhuman powers. They did the Matrix thing, and I hope they are happy with the restults. They ruined a character, and accomplished nothing.

Not true...the accomplished one thing...they killed him off...

Top Bottom