• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Thoughts on Lisa Trevors Intelligance...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
While in various parts of the Spencer Estate, one may hear the harrowing wails and cries of Lisa. This characteristic suggests that Lisa is incapable of using a higher level of thought and therefore conforms to a more animalistic nature. However, it should be noted that Lisa was able to start a fire in order to warm herself, as well as write a few crude entries in her journal. She also is able to croak, "Mo...ther..." upon finding her mother's skull.

I found this on RE.wikia.com and i was thinking about it...perhaps Lisa isnt animalistic when it comes to intelligance...but just has lost contact and been lonley for so long she really dosnt remember what human interaction and speech is like...Thats why she says Mother...becuase it brought back those emotional memories of her youth and humanity...she wails becuase shes lonley and no one will answer those calls...she has no one so she lost use for her voice...now i could be wrong about all of this, but what if Lisa Trevor really wasnt much different than a beaten animal that had been hurt so much that it lashes out when it can't take anymore...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
She is ugly.

No, I mean, she was a great addition to the REmake. They had a lot of her thoughts in the game too, via documents written by her.

I really disliked how they brought her back in UC....I mean in the REmake, when she falls to her death, that should have been it, but she comes back from that just so she can slow Wesker down before escaping the estate.

Then she gets pinned down by a chandalear so that the explosion kills her....lame.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
She is ugly.

No, I mean, she was a great addition to the REmake. They had a lot of her thoughts in the game too, via documents written by her.

I really disliked how they brought her back in UC....I mean in the REmake, when she falls to her death, that should have been it, but she comes back from that just so she can slow Wesker down before escaping the estate.

Then she gets pinned down by a chandalear so that the explosion kills her....lame.

Really, i loved that...the website i was on tells why she survived like she did...the falling, the comming back...all that jazz...I think she added a lot to the story when it comes to how the virus can affect an individual...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Really, i loved that...the website i was on tells why she survived like she did...the falling, the comming back...all that jazz...I think she added a lot to the story when it comes to how the virus can affect an individual...

She was definately a highlight of the REmake. Gave it a new, creepier thing that wasn't in the original. Brilliant.

I thought it was lame because, first off, that whole thing with her mother, you know, in the tomb, she screams out, "Mother!!!!!!" and then falls to her death, into what looks like some sort of bottomless pit. Perfect ending.

To ruin that with her coming back and just getting in the way, not cool. IDK if you remember that level in UC, the entire level is one stupid running in circles, BS. I mean, you get to the front door of the Mansion, then Lisa walks in from nowhere and you literally run throughout the entire mansion for no reason...how lame. Just for the final fight with her in the main hall(where you were initially), and that business with the chandeleer.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
She was definately a highlight of the REmake. Gave it a new, creepier thing that wasn't in the original. Brilliant.

I thought it was lame because, first off, that whole thing with her mother, you know, in the tomb, she screams out, "Mother!!!!!!" and then falls to her death, into what looks like some sort of bottomless pit. Perfect ending.

To ruin that with her coming back and just getting in the way, not cool. IDK if you remember that level in UC, the entire level is one stupid running in circles, BS. I mean, you get to the front door of the Mansion, then Lisa walks in from nowhere and you literally run throughout the entire mansion for no reason...how lame. Just for the final fight with her in the main hall(where you were initially), and that business with the chandeleer.

See i see it as shes comming back to haunt Wesker and he cant shake her...Wesker and Birkin did some vile experiments on her, wich ultimatley lead to Birkin creating the G virus actually...i think she wants revenge now that her goal of reuniting with her mother is complete...to mer its more than just a chase scene...its Weskers last attachment to his past with Umbrella and the horrors of the underground lab...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
See i see it as shes comming back to haunt Wesker and he cant shake her...Wesker and Birkin did some vile experiments on her, wich ultimatley lead to Birkin creating the G virus actually...i think she wants revenge now that her goal of reuniting with her mother is complete...to mer its more than just a chase scene...its Weskers last attachment to his past with Umbrella and the horrors of the underground lab...

It was completely and totally unecessary...which that alone wouldn't make it unenjoyable, but it was all of that nonsense, combined with how horrible Wesker & Birkin were in UC. I mean I don't even have to get into how muc I dislike DC Douglas Wesker, but I'm sure you already know.

As for Birkin, IDK if you noticed, but he sounded like a 2 year old...

The William & Albert in UC, just really took me out of the scenes. They were hard to bare.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It was completely and totally unecessary...which that alone wouldn't make it unenjoyable, but it was all of that nonsense, combined with how horrible Wesker & Birkin were in UC. I mean I don't even have to get into how muc I dislike DC Douglas Wesker, but I'm sure you already know.

As for Birkin, IDK if you noticed, but he sounded like a 2 year old...

The William & Albert in UC, just really took me out of the scenes. They were hard to bare.

I don't know why i enjoyed UC so much...i here a lot of people complain about it, but i just found it more beliveable...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I don't know why i enjoyed UC so much...i here a lot of people complain about it, but i just found it more beliveable...

I love UC for a lot of reason, but the Voice Acting is not one of them.

I loved the music, it was totally different, but really enjoyable. The theme that plays on the menus, like when you are reading files is great.:) I also loved seeing all of those different locations, like the training facility from RE0, the mansion from REmake & a couple of spots from Raccoon(all from the Outbreaks though), was also great.

The voice acting was completely horrible. With the exceptions of course, of Keith Silversein(HUNK), whoever did Sergei's voice, and that was it as far as great ones go. A few others weren't horrible, like Jill was acceptable(and even returned for RE5, Patricia Ja Lee was her name), Chris wasn't horrible...that's pretty much it though.

Ada & Wesker sounded like bootleg versions of themselves. Billy & Rebecca were atrocious(when they were both awesome in RE0), oh, I guess Richard wasn't bad.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I love UC for a lot of reason, but the Voice Acting is not one of them.

I loved the music, it was totally different, but really enjoyable. The theme that plays on the menus, like when you are reading files is great.:) I also loved seeing all of those different locations, like the training facility from RE0, the mansion from REmake & a couple of spots from Raccoon(all from the Outbreaks though), was also great.

The voice acting was completely horrible. With the exceptions of course, of Keith Silversein(HUNK), whoever did Sergei's voice, and that was it as far as great ones go. A few others weren't horrible, like Jill was acceptable(and even returned for RE5, Patricia Ja Lee was her name), Chris wasn't horrible...that's pretty much it though.

Ada & Wesker sounded like bootleg versions of themselves. Billy & Rebecca were atrocious(when they were both awesome in RE0), oh, I guess Richard wasn't bad.

Ya...i think DC had better voice acting i'll give you that...though i'm not gonna lie...i really do love D.C. Douglas doing Wesker...but its funny because i HATE Krausers voice, so when it was the same in DC that it was in RE4 i was like YES!! I can still make fun of the ripped dudes smoker voice!

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Ya...i think DC had better voice acting i'll give you that...though i'm not gonna lie...i really do love D.C. Douglas doing Wesker...but its funny because i HATE Krausers voice, so when it was the same in DC that it was in RE4 i was like YES!! I can still make fun of the ripped dudes smoker voice!

You didn't like Krauser's voice? I thought he was cool.

I also like the consistency there with his character.

I was curious, have you heard Richard Waugh's Wesker before? Like for comparision purposes, I should possibly post videos of each of them, Waugh & Douglas. In fact, I'm going to make a thread for it.:)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
You didn't like Krauser's voice? I thought he was cool.

I also like the consistency there with his character.

I was curious, have you heard Richard Waugh's Wesker before? Like for comparision purposes, I should possibly post videos of each of them, Waugh & Douglas. In fact, I'm going to make a thread for it.:)

I've heard Richard's voice, and his acting isnt bad in the least...i just think that Douglas has so much more of an evil essance to his voice...i mean i kind of think Douglas' voice is the classic ultimate villian voice...tall, dark, and brittish...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I've heard Richard's voice, and his acting isnt bad in the least...i just think that Douglas has so much more of an evil essance to his voice...i mean i kind of think Douglas' voice is the classic ultimate villian voice...tall, dark, and brittish...

It just has such a....fake sound to it. I mean it doesn't sound british...but just fake british...I guess.

There are lines where he sounds like an angry british guy for no reason. "Aawww there you are". Just the way he spoke and the things he said, sounded totally different.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It just has such a....fake sound to it. I mean it doesn't sound british...but just fake british...I guess.

There are lines where he sounds like an angry british guy for no reason. "Aawww there you are". Just the way he spoke and the things he said, sounded totally different.

It did sound different...but i don't know...sinister...lets face it...Wesker is one of the most evil villians in fictional history...i think a sinster voice goes well with a sinister chracter...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
It did sound different...but i don't know...sinister...lets face it...Wesker is one of the most evil villians in fictional history...i think a sinster voice goes well with a sinister chracter...

DC Douglas does do a cool, sinister voice, but it just sounds inferior when compared to Waugh's, especially when he takes over a role that Waugh created. That's probably the one thing about it that I can't get over.

Here is Douglas voicing The Master in Buffy. He also lends his voice to a lot of the generic vampires, and does such an awesome job, but you can hear how his Master doesn't sound too much different than his Wesker. Showing that he didn't really put awhole lot of effort into sounding like an already existing character so much.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
DC Douglas does do a cool, sinister voice, but it just sounds inferior when compared to Waugh's, especially when he takes over a role that Waugh created. That's probably the one thing about it that I can't get over.

Here is Douglas voicing The Master in Buffy. He also lends his voice to a lot of the generic vampires, and does such an awesome job, but you can hear how his Master doesn't sound too much different than his Wesker. Showing that he didn't really put awhole lot of effort into sounding like an already existing character so much.

Really..becuase to me there is a distinct difference...i mean ya there are similarities too, but over all how he portrays someone else, same or different, dosnt affect how i think he plays Wesker because like you said its a pre-exsisting role, but one subject to change because that will happen inevitably when if comes to a video game franchise...

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Really..becuase to me there is a distinct difference...i mean ya there are similarities too, but over all how he portrays someone else, same or different, dosnt affect how i think he plays Wesker because like you said its a pre-exsisting role, but one subject to change because that will happen inevitably when if comes to a video game franchise...

I'm not saying that it sound exactly the same, but extremely similar. To where it feels like he's just playing this same, over-the-top voice. It sounds more human-like when it's Wesker I suppose.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm not saying that it sound exactly the same, but extremely similar. To where it feels like he's just playing this same, over-the-top voice. It sounds more human-like when it's Wesker I suppose.

Haha...over-the-top works though...i mean i don't know...Vampires are kind of over-the-top in Buffy anyway right lol...

Professor X

Lisa is more or less an angry, tortured and cornered animal, who lashes out at targets because she is enraged.

Perhaps she realises she'll never look naturally beautiful as she once was - like Jill, so out of frustration and anger, for that reason launches attacks on Jill during her scenario. I don't know why she'd attack Chris though, you know, as far as the storyline is concerned.

Either way I don't believe Lisa Trevor is pure evil like most of the monsters on the Spencer Estate, just angry, lonely, and clinging on to bloodsoaked memories of her beloved mother, Wesker, and Birkin.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Haha...over-the-top works though...i mean i don't know...Vampires are kind of over-the-top in Buffy anyway right lol...

Over-the-top for Vamps, sure, but for Wesker, not so much.

They seemed to drop Wesker's personality and everything, and turned him into, let me repeat that, they turned him into, a comic book style, monologing villian. He didn't start that way.

It's just that they changed him, and changed him into something...not his character at all. Since he was one of my favorite characters, and I looked forward to seeing him in each game, I guess I found it EXTREMELY annoying.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Over-the-top for Vamps, sure, but for Wesker, not so much.

They seemed to drop Wesker's personality and everything, and turned him into, let me repeat that, they turned him into, a comic book style, monologing villian. He didn't start that way.

It's just that they changed him, and changed him into something...not his character at all. Since he was one of my favorite characters, and I looked forward to seeing him in each game, I guess I found it EXTREMELY annoying.

See i suppose i never looked at it as annoying because he was never near one of my favorite characters...i mean i didnt hate him, but he wasnt awesome...Actually, i don't think ive been into any human villians minus Birkin...

Top Bottom