• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Third RE CGI Movie is called "Resident Evil: Vendetta"; targeted for 2017 release.

Lithium

Yesterday a theater nearby showed Vendetta. And since we're doing good so far with our baby girl my husband stayed at home with her and a friend went to watch the movie with me. Yay!

I liked it! It was different from what I imagined after reading the summary. The plot is a little far fetched (Damnation had less plot holes :D ) and the action is at times ridiculous, but its fun! There should be teaming up of old Resident Evil characters in the games, I really enjoyed Chris, Leon and Rebecca together.
Can't wait to discuss the movie with you guys :)

German dub was surprisingly good (compared to Degeneration and Damnation), but I'm really looking forward watching Vendetta again in English in August.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I can't believe how retarded some people can be to actually think that what they saw in that video is a game... That comment section is so facepalm worthy.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I still wish it was, though... This looks so great! And Chris is hotter than I expected. When is the DVD coming out again? I can't wait to see it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yesterday a theater nearby showed Vendetta. And since we're doing good so far with our baby girl my husband stayed at home with her and a friend went to watch the movie with me. Yay!

I liked it! It was different from what I imagined after reading the summary. The plot is a little far fetched (Damnation had less plot holes :D ) and the action is at times ridiculous, but its fun! There should be teaming up of old Resident Evil characters in the games, I really enjoyed Chris, Leon and Rebecca together.
Can't wait to discuss the movie with you guys :)

German dub was surprisingly good (compared to Degeneration and Damnation), but I'm really looking forward watching Vendetta again in English in August.
Alright, dad. Way to be a team player.
Anyway, was there a post credits scene?

Lithium

Alright, dad. Way to be a team player.
Anyway, was there a post credits scene?

Best thing was, when I came home and our girl was sleeping on the couch next to him, smiling :) He's an awesome dad!

Nope, Vendetta has no post credit scene like Damnation. It could use one, though.

Does anyone know if the RE Vendetta novel will be released in English? I heard it has some additional scenes that are not in the movie.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Best thing was, when I came home and our girl was sleeping on the couch next to him, smiling :) He's an awesome dad!

Nope, Vendetta has no post credit scene like Damnation. It could use one, though.

Does anyone know if the RE Vendetta novel will be released in English? I heard it has some additional scenes that are not in the movie.
I didn't even know there was a novel for it. I wouldn't worry. RE is popular so even if there is no 'official' translation there'll be a fan translation.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Welp, just saw the movie, alone...

Not bad but it seems that a lot of the scenes in the description I posted earlier were not from the movie but from the novel. Without them the movie's drama feels a bit shallow. Leon's subplot specially feels like it was in need of those extra scenes because without them it all feels rather random. Except for the freeway scene all of the action scenes were rather awesome.

Turo602

The King of Kings
It was easily the best film in the trilogy for me. Having Rebecca back was nice, especially her interactions with Chris. It was also really refreshing seeing Chris have some sort of personality beyond "the mission." Leon had some really cool moments as they've shown off in some of the clips, however, his character arc here felt forced. He was essentially Chris in RE6, just not as angry and minus the amnesia. Which makes it a whole lot more depressing and honestly, a little disappointing. Luckily, the film doesn't really harp on it too much and Leon is able to be the same kick ass Leon we want him to be. Though, this honestly feels like more of a Chris story than it does Leon. But they both definitely have their moments to shine.

I find it funny though how when they originally announced the film, they said it would be horror focused and even tried throwing in the name of the director of The Grudge, yet only the first half of the film feels like a horror movie. Which I'm actually fine with, as it sets up the rest of the movie perfectly before jumping into the the action. Speaking of, the action in this movie is so goddamn amazing, even if a little over the top at times, but who the hell cares because it's Chris and Leon. This was exactly what we should have gotten in Resident Evil 6. Seeing the characters together for more than just a quick fight was really cool and honestly, the selling point of this movie to me, and it delivered.

My biggest complaint however is Chris' voice actor. He's serviceable, but sounds off at times. There's a line in the trailer when he says Glenn is a "Merchant of Death" and when he says "death" his voice sounds like he tried making it deeper or something. I think that pretty much sums up his performance for me. It's like he couldn't keep up a consistent voice for him. Roger Craig Smith would have been so much better. After his amazing performance in RE6, I don't understand why they wouldn't get him back.

Also, a minor gripe of mine is the lack of references. Chris and Rebecca still seem to have some kind of bond and get to share some screen time together. You'd think they'd be able to squeeze in a quick reference to Jill and Barry. Even Claire could have been brought up at some point. Oh, and whenever Leon and Rebecca spoke to each other when they first met, it felt kind of weird because it didn't feel earned. This is the first we see of them together and they talk like they know each other very well.

Overall, the movie was very good and I'd love to watch it again. As a Resident Evil fan, I'm very satisfied. Resident Evil: Vendetta is by far the best Resident Evil anything to have come out this year. Though, that's not really saying much, but still, it was very awesome.

Oh, and I could definitely see the ChrisXRebecca shippers coming after watching this movie.

Unknown

The reason RCS didn't return is likely the same reason Alyson Court isn't returning in REmake 2 (and probably why she wasn't in Rev 2) - the company handling voice over chose non-union.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think it was here where someone mentioned that the voice actor for Chris on this one already played Chris once before. He went uncredited for Umbrella Chronicles and was replaced by Smith.

There's a line in the trailer when he says Glenn is a "Merchant of Death" and when he says "death" his voice sounds like he tried making it deeper or something. I think that pretty much sums up his performance for me.
Actually, there is the once scene where he asks Leon if he's ready to rock and that was the one line I didn't like the delivery for.

Anyway. After one viewing I kinda don't care for the drama or character development. I just skip those scenes and go straight for the action. A bit like skipping the cutscenes and going straight to the gameplay.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I've been watching parts of the movie on YouTube and am loving it so far. Its cheesy and the action is over-the-top but its enjoyable and satisfying. Can't wait for the DVD to come out so I can see it in full.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, but he also hits that he ships Chris with his job. Not very romantic but it does kinda fit.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
I just saw Vendetta last night, and I really enjoyed it. The action scenes were the best yet, the plot felt clearer than the last two, and the characters facial expressions... well, they actually had some this time around :biggrin:.
In terms of the story, it actually felt like there was a genuine threat posed by the villain and that the team wouldn't be able to beat him. The fight scenes between him and Chris were awesome (although the final one almost shot itself in the foot, no pun intended, when they were shooting at each other at point blank range and ran in a circle after each other like a demented Benny Hill sketch). Plus he was super extra fun-time crazy!
The whole Rebecca in his dead wife's wedding dress/dead wife's arm with the wedding ring still attached/reanimated family and friends packed in crates to attend the world's MOST F***ED UP WEDDING RECEPTION EVER scene creeped me out so much.:eek:

And my favourite scene? Leon going all John Wick in the corridor near the end. Seemed slightly out of character, but looks badass :cool:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The whole Rebecca in his dead wife's wedding dress/dead wife's arm with the wedding ring still attached/reanimated family and friends packed in crates to attend the world's MOST F***ED UP WEDDING

LOL you haven't seen the Red Wedding then.

Top Bottom