• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The walking dead.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Does anyone watch this show? I'm addicted. It's my favorite show of all time and I can't wait for next week's episode. I figured since we all love zombies here there's gotta be a COUPLE of you that watch this show too. If not go rent season 1... You won't be disappointed.

Now for the people who watch the show, who are your favorite characters and why? Mine would have to be Shane. Even though he seems like a d*ck sometimes, he usually makes the right decisions and has the right intentions with everyone.
Code:
[spoiler] Except for that ONE time when he shot Otis in the leg... Not cool. [/spoiler]
. Glenn would come in at a close 2nd though, I love him!

EDIT: Stupid question... what is the spoiler code for this site??? Sheesh It won't work!

Fallen One

Λεωνίδας
Been a avid fan since issue one of the comic. I highly recommend you pick up the graphic novels if you love the show as good as the show is the novels are 4 notches above with the characters and story. As far as the show and favs its always Rick and Dale there selfless and keep there morals and values through out right or wrong there symbols for the group and there words and actions means something to the rest. Plus i love the constant battle with rick on trying to do the right thing and being a leader and taking the heat on all decisions. He never backs away or takes the short road with things just straight ahead. Love the show and novels Robert Kirkman is brilliant.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I've watched and it's pretty good. Only problem I had with it is the problem with a lot of zombie apocalypse shows, and that is the struggle to stay interested. The threat is always the same and there's only so much gore you can throw in before it becomes mundane. I'd say the Walking Dead was the zombie series that's come closest to holding my attention.

Breaking Bad remains the only AMC show that will never get old for me. It's liquid gold shooting out of the television.
It'll never give you up or let you down.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I'll have to check out the novels. I would probably prefer them too as I love character development and I'd like to know a bit more about each of them. I don't think I can wait every Sunday for a new episode! Last episode has me hanging on the edge of my seat.

Fallen One

Λεωνίδας
I'll have to check out the novels. I would probably prefer them too as I love character development and I'd like to know a bit more about each of them. I don't think I can wait every Sunday for a new episode! Last episode has me hanging on the edge of my seat.
I think you would really enjoy them. There are so many twist and turns and no character and i mean no character is safe in the novels. While the show is great i cant compete with the novels. Theres always a sense of being exhausted theres so many changes through out any arc of the story also while the show captures so of the really iconic moments there two very different stories. If you ever get time check them out and let me know what you think.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I think you would really enjoy them. There are so many twist and turns and no character and i mean no character is safe in the novels. While the show is great i cant compete with the novels. Theres always a sense of being exhausted theres so many changes through out any arc of the story also while the show captures so of the really iconic moments there two very different stories. If you ever get time check them out and let me know what you think.

On my way to the comic book store now! I hope they have it, if not it gives me an excuse to go to the comic book store here. lol

Fallen One

Λεωνίδας
On my way to the comic book store now! I hope they have it, if not it gives me an excuse to go to the comic book store here. lol
lol.. I hear ya im behind of my Goon, Hellboy fix. Pretty sure they have a few. If you love Glenn on the show youll love the novel. As far as the show its building quite nice for a split of the survivors. Always wanted to see the Shane Rick showdown. Seems they shaped Shane as the inner voice of the group wanting to abandon morals and just take. Yeah im dying to see whats next waiting is a bitch lol..

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I hope they kill off certain characters like they did in the novel... If you know what I mean. I can't spoil it, but I heard a rumor that the show is going to kill someone off differently than they did in the comic. If that's the case that'd be pretty disappointing...

Fallen One

Λεωνίδας
Yes i totally get what your saying. As much as i love the show there have been moments where i have gotten disappointed with the direction they have chose but i try to view it as separate material. With that being said i have enjoyed several changes i just hope they dont mess with Dale, but it is nice that glen has stayed true to the novels. It will be interesting to me if they keep one of the major sites after the farm i wont say for the rest but i hope they keep it.

I take it you picked up novels, Did you like it so far? I'm curious whats your opinion of Lori so far in both the novel and show?

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
They unfortunately didn't have the novels at the comic book store... It turned out the comic book store was also a dungeons and dragons store so I kind of slipped out of there quickly... lol I'll probably end up ordering them online soon. I've been researching the difference between the novels and show online though and find it very interesting Daryl and Merle weren't in the comics. I actually enjoy Daryl, but I hate Merle. It's also very interesting Carol's husband wasn't even alive in the comics. Tons of differences, and by the looks of it, I think I'd enjoy the novels more than the show! Except for Shane, I prefer the tv version of him haha

Fallen One

Λεωνίδας
lol... Yeah i order online as well same kind of store here last time i went in there was a table with about 10 guys playing some card game arguing about the point system and throwing around Dude way to much. Yeah daryl has been a great add on i have kinda quit comparing the two cause they passed about 4 major arcs and some real important characters from the novels but i have enjoyed what they got going its a great show they keep the hardcore folks like me happy with important story scenes im happy. lol Shane is a big hit which is why they have kept him alive. Sophia death is very different but i feel it was done right and very powerful big kudos. Andrea was suppose to be eye candy for guys but hmm yeah we have none lol..

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Sophia's death was kind of a shocker, I like the way they did it. I think Andrea is hot in a cougar-ish way, but Amy was definitely the only eye candy they had. I totally thought she'd stay in the series longer... Boo! I guess Shane is eye candy for us girls... At least he is for me ;) So is Glenn though haha.

AusyAndy

I really love this show! :D

My favourite characters would have to be Rick and Dale. I also like Daryl, too. He's pretty awesome with that crossbow. The rest of the characters are just pretty 'meh' to me, not all that interesting. But I really, really dislike Shane, especially when he gets up in Dale's face. Not cool :mad:

I've got the comics but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Can't wait to get into it, though.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I really love this show! :D

My favourite characters would have to be Rick and Dale. I also like Daryl, too. He's pretty awesome with that crossbow. The rest of the characters are just pretty 'meh' to me, not all that interesting. But I really, really dislike Shane, especially when he gets up in Dale's face. Not cool :mad:

I've got the comics but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Can't wait to get into it, though.

When Daryl fell into that creek with the arrow in his side I was seriously biting my nails. In my head I was like "come on dude! You can make it!" I was really rooting for him haha. I guess it's a good thing they made up some new characters, I'll be interested to see how different the novels are from the show. I've already researched a lot about the differences and found some unwanted spoilers... I got too far ahead! I always do that with series I love.

AusyAndy

Same here. :D

When that happened I was so worried that he was a goner, and I even started to assume he would be killed down there. Everything that happened made it look like he had no chance. I was just thinking "no, no, no, no, no." I felt so relieved when he made it back, and then that relief was met with horror when that stupid woman thought he was a walker and shot him on his way back. Can't imagine it without him in the group, even if he is Merle's brother.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Personally Rick is my favorite character lol. I've heard a lot of people say that they don't like him. I adore this show..I'm so happy that we finally have a "zombie TV show" lmao. It's about time too.

The new episode that aired last night had me on the edge of my seat!

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Personally Rick is my favorite character lol. I've heard a lot of people say that they don't like him. I adore this show..I'm so happy that we finally have a "zombie TV show" lmao. It's about time too.

The new episode that aired last night had me on the edge of my seat!

Me too! I'm glad it has good acting as well, it's kind of like a Zombie soap opera in a way haha. Last episode made me so scared for Glenn! I thought he was going to be a goner... There needs to be more zombies in the next episode, and it looks like they'll fulfill my wishes. :D

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
Glen. He's such a considerate guy but most of the time he looks out for himself (something I should do more often then be a doormat). I'd pay top dollar for his ass.

Top Bottom