• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 The villain of Revelations 2

Turo602

The King of Kings
Why is it a disappointment?

For several reasons actually. 1. I was never a fan of the female theory. 2. I wanted Alex to be similar to Wesker, just more devastating. Which I doubt will be the case. 3. From the looks of it, Alex might just be another cheap villain of the day. She already has a monster design meaning she'll probably mutate and die by the end of the game. Hopefully it isn't, but I could see this very easily turning into a major wasted opportunity. Especially since this is taking place in a Revelations side story game and not a main installment.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
For several reasons actually. 1. I was never a fan of the female theory. 2. I wanted Alex to be similar to Wesker, just more devastating. Which I doubt will be the case. 3. From the looks of it, Alex might just be another cheap villain of the day. She already has a monster design meaning she'll probably mutate and die by the end of the game. Hopefully it isn't, but I could see this very easily turning into a major wasted opportunity. Especially since this is taking place in a Revelations side story game and not a main installment.

She could turn back into a human after transforming, it's happened multiple times in the RE games before.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I understand what you mean
pretty much the reason I'm totally against wesker ever coming back alive because you know he would be taken care of in the same game which would ultimately make his character look pathetic

berto

I Saw the Devil
I unfortunately know for a fact who the mystery villain is due to stumbling on some meaty spoilers (which I'm none too thrilled about), and if you just can't wait to find out until you play, I am posting this here. Click on at your own peril!

Last chance to turn back!
Our mystery villain is, as I've said from the start:
16650208002_3a9d87b139_o.png

16463644608_58dd29d5f7_o.png

16650206732_025579cc98_o.png

This is one of the unlockable character concepts in Revelations 2's rewards.
Now that we have that information, I'm dying to see how it plays out!

And sorry for the wonky formatting. I just wanted to make absolutely certain no-one would be accidentally spoiled!
Well, not so much that I can't wait as much as it's not going to shock me, irrelevant of who it is.

All things considered, though, I thought it was going to be Ada since the voice sounded so familiar to me. Thought it was the same voice actress as RE6 but I guess not.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Heres what I have to say on the matter,

I'm with Turo in that I was against the female theory since the japanese translation (which is the original) said it was a guy, I wanted Alex Wesker to be like Albert but better and more menacing, but if its a girl and she already has a monster form ready than Alex is going to get the Alexia treatment here.
Also,
Could someone tell me where it was CONFIRMED that Alex is a girl?
The wiki has already changed it to so here
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Alex_Wesker
And all these spoiler tags concerning Alex being a girl must be confirmed otherwise what would be the use of using a spoiler tag to discuss it in the first place?
So can someone please direct me to the part of the game that confirms Alex is a girl?
I haven't played it yet by the way, but I"m one of those people that do not mind getting spoiled.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy

I'm with Turo in that I was against the female theory since the japanese translation (which is the original) said it was a guy, I wanted Alex Wesker to be like Albert but better and more menacing, but if its a girl and she already has a monster form ready than Alex is going to get the Alexia treatment here.
Also,
And all these spoiler tags concerning Alex being a girl must be confirmed otherwise what would be the use of using a spoiler tag to discuss it in the first place?
So can someone please direct me to the part of the game that confirms Alex is a girl?
I haven't played it yet by the way, but I"m one of those people that do not mind getting spoiled.

There was an unlockable picture of Alex in Revelations 2. Daburcor showed it on the last page.

Turo602

The King of Kings

Also,

Like Maddy said, there's an image that has been found within the first episode of Revelations 2's data revealing Alex to be a woman. Considering only the first episode has been released it's safe to say Alex has yet to be revealed in the campaign. So for now, it's best to use spoiler tags even if the information has been leaked.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Okay, there is some debate here, so...
...on the whole matter of the Japanese translation, I am posting this (again):
So, I just had a fairly lengthy conversation about this subject with my brother (who is actually fluent in Japanese, both written and spoken), and we poured over all of the 'Spencer's Memoirs ' files in both English and their native Japanese. Our conclusion is that Alex's gender is still very much up in the air. And the "奴/kare wa" in question is not in reference to Alex, but rather part of a quote from Alex addressing a male character (in the case Spencer). It is entirely possible for Alex to be a male or a female, and they muddied it on purpose. Whether that purpose was to stoke conversations like this or Capcom just not yet knowing what they wanted to do with Alex is anybody's guess, but I have never been more certain that Alex's gender is still unknown.

So, for now, my vote goes for Alex being our mystery woman.
I will add to that that the only thing that apparently definitively says Alex is a male is the Archives 2 book. The reason that this is a problem is simple; Those books were not written by the series' writers. As a matter of fact, I am fairly certain they weren't even written by Capcom writers at all and were merely published with their consent. In the end, the games are law and in game, until now, Alex's gender was never stated nor alluded to. Now, of course, we know definitively that she is a she.

Of course, my personal theory has always been that Alex was a female (as those of you who know me outside of the board can attest), but it wasn't something I was comfortable saying with any degree of certainty until we learned about the overseer. There were just too many similarities between what we knew about the overseer and Alex for them not to be the same person.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
In relation to the above:
you won't find any evidence in episode 1 physically to say Alex wesker is the present bad guy/girl heh.
It was through coding sleuths and file geniuses that went into the games files and found that picture.
The same thing happened in the re5 demo. People found out Jill was in the game by looking at its coding

sbr999

Now if you already played Episode 2, or spoiled yourself, I highly recommend re-watching the teaser trailer once again!
Go to to 0:53 and look for the
woman in white suit under the clocks
!
Mindblown!

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm a bit confused and 10 pages is a lot to go through. Could someone summarize this for me.

I just finished ep. 2 and I hope to get some answers.

So is Alex Wesker's daughter or wife or sister? She looks too close to his age to be his daughter.

If he is the man's daughter I'm curious as to what does this mean for Jake. Does Wesker have more kids with genetic abnormalities? Did he run experiments on all of them for the sake of his 'godhood'?
I'm sure I'm not the first to ask but it bothers me that it might all turn out rather convoluted.

wanderer

battle master
I'm a bit confused and 10 pages is a lot to go through. Could someone summarize this for me.

I just finished ep. 2 and I hope to get some answers.

So is Alex Wesker's daughter or wife or sister? She looks too close to his age to be his daughter.

If he is the man's daughter I'm curious as to what does this mean for Jake. Does Wesker have more kids with genetic abnormalities? Did he run experiments on all of them for the sake of his 'godhood'?
I'm sure I'm not the first to ask but it bothers me that it might all turn out rather convoluted.

Wesker is not a family name, its a code name for experimental subjects i hear. Albert is simply one of those subjects that survived the experiment.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Wesker is not a family name, its a code name for experimental subjects i hear. Albert is simply one of those subjects that survived the experiment.
Thank you, but now that I'm reading it I am regretting not waiting to see for myself... I think I'll just avoid spoilers from now on. I've never thought that RE's story was that solid or concrete but I think the twists and turns might add to the experience. I'll ponder on them latter.

wanderer

battle master
Thank you, but now that I'm reading it I am regretting not waiting to see for myself... I think I'll just avoid spoilers from now on. I've never thought that RE's story was that solid or concrete but I think the twists and turns might add to the experience. I'll ponder on them latter.

it is a spoiler if you did not play earlier biohazard games. i myself did not play the early games, and only started at RE4, RE5, RE6 and Rev2. the fixed camera angles simply does not work for me, so i won't play early RE games, i went to youtube for complete Biohazard history videos.

Top Bottom