• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The offical Pokemon Go thread!

What team are you?

• Team Mystic

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Team Valor

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Team Instinct

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I found a Slowbro today but I ran out of Pokeballs and had to leave it behind. :(

So what's the trick to finding fire Pokemon? Have Magmar from a 10k egg but apart from that I haven't found a single fire pokemon. :( I'm not about trapping myself in burning buildings, either. :p

And ugh, I'm ****ed that our pond isn't recognized as a body of water. I was hoping to just chill out all day and catch magikarp.

meg5493

All my friends are atleast level 15 and I just now level 9 with my 333cp Jolteon as my strongest pokemon...

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I think pokemon you find is dependant on the people in the area and the pokemon you or they own.

For example at work I only find ratata, weedle and pigeons.
Then Saturday as I walked to my leisure centre I caught a jigglypuff near a gym I pass.
This week at work I started noticing wild jigglypuffs.

Another example
I evolved my weedle to a beedrill.
Now today at work a wild beedrill appeared.

Im wondering if I will start to notice qild snorlax now I hatched one too.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Hmm does your location actually determine what type of Pokemon you will find. Just wondering cause when I was walking close to a beach I found a few water type Pokemon like Squirtle etc.

It'd be sweet if that's how it worked.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Hmm does your location actually determine what type of Pokemon you will find. Just wondering cause when I was walking close to a beach I found a few water type Pokemon like Squirtle etc.

I'm on holiday and near the beaches there have been tons of Magikarp, Poliwags, Goldeens, Psyducks, Krabby, Tentacool, Shellders, Horseas, some Squirtles and a few Seels, plus a few of their evolved versions if I've been lucky, like Tentacruel, Golduck and Poliwhirl. So I think it's possible that they can be more common around areas with water.

I just wish I saw more of Seel and Staryu. :p

Lapras even appeared once, but he was awkwardly positioned next to a Pokéstop, and it registered that I touched the stop instead of him. By the time I'd cancelled that and was about to get him, he disappeared. :(

Last edited:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I think pokemon you find is dependant on the people in the area and the pokemon you or they own.

For example at work I only find ratata, weedle and pigeons.
Then Saturday as I walked to my leisure centre I caught a jigglypuff near a gym I pass.
This week at work I started noticing wild jigglypuffs.

Another example
I evolved my weedle to a beedrill.
Now today at work a wild beedrill appeared.

Im wondering if I will start to notice qild snorlax now I hatched one too.
Hmm... I'm not sure that's how it works. I find Rattata, Eevee, Pidgey, Weedle, and Caterpie everywhere. I live by a lake - I can only get so close to it before losing my signal as it's right on the American border, but I've found Magikarp, Vaporeon, Psyduck and Squirtle there. I also found Seel, Poliwang, Staryu, Shellder, Slowpoke, Slowbro (though I couldn't catch it) and Kingler at Niagara Falls. It's possible it could be connected to what the people around you have, but I definitely think your environment changes what is available to you too.

For some reason our fire station is a Jynx hotspot. I haven't yet passed it without picking up Jynx. Oddish is always in front of Dollarama.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Is that uncommon?
Didn't realise

Its CP350 from hatch.
I named it Helena as tribute to rezzy.
No particular reason, I just thought it was funny

Yes Snorlax is rare and is the 2nd most powerful Pokémon in the game. The 350 CP is a huge slap in the face though. Better than my 160 CP. You want a CP 1000+ Snorlax and you'll be a wrecking ball. Once you have one of those. Level the hell out of it and you'll be dominating. I want one so bad!!!

Let's say that at the legislature one spawned and everyone ran to it like a stampede. I'm sure you've seen some of those videos online. Yes.... it was like that.

So other than that starting trick, is Pikachu like ultra rare to find?

Also did u hear some guy in USA already found all Pokémon? Hax prob heh.

There is a little walking path by my place called "Railroad Park". I call it "Pikachu Park". They spawn like crazy there. It really depends on your area. While rare Pokémon can spawn in many different location. Pokémon do indeed spawn in certain locations. They are set to do so. There is an app you can get called "Pokéwhere" which will reveal Pokémon in you vicinity. You will also find that some locations will have the same Pokémon spawning in that area.

I looked up the guy you are talking about. It's legit. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-21-someone-has-completed-pokemon-go He doesn't have the legendry's and Ditto which aren't in the game yet. He's also missing the 3 of the 4 region exclusive Pokémon.

It's kind of unfair that they did this.... http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...catch-tauros-kangaskhan-mr-mime-and-farfetchd
The trading feature that is coming soon will be a god send. My friend is going to Australia and I'm going to tell him to catch as many Kangaskhan's that he can. He'll literally be able to trade them for anything he desires from anyone. Nantic "Hey! I got a good idea. Kangaskhan is a Kangaroo and they are only in Australia. So let's make Kangashkan exclusive to Australia."

I've caught 67 Pokémon, got at least 15 ready to evolve, and I only today found my first Pikachu. I don't know if they're considered rare, but it seems they're rare for me, haha.

They are and they aren't. They spawn like crazy about 3 blocks away form me. It's area dependent sadly.

I found a Slowbro today but I ran out of Pokeballs and had to leave it behind. :(

So what's the trick to finding fire Pokémon? Have Magmar from a 10k egg but apart from that I haven't found a single fire pokemon. :( I'm not about trapping myself in burning buildings, either. :p

And ugh, I'm ****ed that our pond isn't recognized as a body of water. I was hoping to just chill out all day and catch magikarp.

Wow.... a real slap in the face with the Slowbro.... if he had watergun you just lost one of the most sought after OP Pokémon in the game.

I have no idea on the fire Pokémon and I've been out of luck with that as well. As for Magikarp and water Pokémon. They are normally by water but you can find them in other areas. Humid areas and I think you can find them in area's that may have had a pond at one point. There's one I've found that has no water but it's really humid and it has Staryu, Magikarps, and Polywag's. I'm really not sure how that works with water Pokémon xD

Apparently you'll get Magnamites in area with a lot of power transistors. That's really cool imo.

Yes it does. Certain area's will spawn the same Pokémon. Though it's not always accurate. For some reason some area's might be recorded with having water but doesn't at all xD but that is the idea. There are also some region exclusive Pokémon which I mentioned in an earlier quote. It ****s some of us over which sucks. The upcoming trading feature is going to be mighty handy. I think that will be in the next patch or an upcoming one. 1 on 1 battles are also coming.

Niantic announced the other day that the current build of Pokémon Go is only 10% of their visions and what it will grow to be. This is a long term game.

I'm so excited. We might see the Johto region sometime in December and the legendries are going to be mass events around September. Apparently they will be like raids and everyone in the area will need to fight it.... and defeat it to catch it. Which will suck in rural areas or small town where they will absolutely wreck you unless it's difficulty is based on population.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I'd love the Johto region Pokémon to come into the game. Gold, Silver and Crystal were my favourite ones. I'd also love the Hoenn region ones too.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
A Dragonite appeared and I tried to get it and it ran. I'm very disappointed about that :'( I'm trainer level 22 and this was a "CP ???" which means I may have been able to catch a "perfect" Dragonite with the highest possible stats a Dragonite can have. I'm actually very sad over this because I would have a huge competitive edge over the majority of the players. I had a sinking feeling over it.

On the other hand I evolved an Eevee to a Vaporeon. After calculations it apparently (it's hard to tell because it's in a middle of two potential calculations) turns out while his stamina is a little low. He has the highest Damage/Defense a Vaporeon is capable of having. His battle ratting is perfect at 101% but his HP/Stam rating is 30%. This is okay because Vaporeon with Water Gun doesn't use their special move so Stam means absolutely nothing. I'm very happy with my Vaporeon.

My ****ty 130 CP Snorlax I bitched about.... after Calculations. If I spend a lot of dust. He will have the highest possible HP/Stam at 100% but his Battle rating is a little low. The only issue is candies.

I'd love the Johto region Pokémon to come into the game. Gold, Silver and Crystal were my favourite ones. I'd also love the Hoenn region ones too.

It sounds like eventually we will be getting every gen. Johto is confirmed for sure and it's rumored to come out in December.... ugh it's going to be cold here at that time *sighs*

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
The same thing happened with me with a Magmar today, it was CP??? and I gave it a Razz Berry, used a Great Ball straight away (I'm level 17 so I don't have Ultra Balls yet) and it broke out and ran after my first throw. It was so annoying.

But not as annoying as just now. We were driving back to where we're saying and a bloody Mr Mime came up nearby. But we couldn't drive anywhere nearby and where it seemed to be was locked up, so we couldn't get it...

I have a theory, though. Does anybody reckon that perhaps rarer Pokémon appear at certain times, on certain days, in certain places? Because where I go out at night with my family, I've seen and caught several Magmars always in the same place, and I've seen another Aerodactyl tonight at the exact same place I caught my first one. Granted, there have been lures there, though. Just a theory, I haven't mapped it enough to test it.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Jen

Apparently some Pokémon are more common at certain times or come on an hourly interval. There's an app called "Pokéwhere" which will show you where Pokémon are in your vicinity. Mr. Mime is exclusive to where you live. What's up with mimes over there?

That's sucks about the Magmar. Hey, just be happy that it wasn't a Dragonite.... that was a huge slap in the face :/

Reactions: Jen

RedPanda

4x the awesome
My town is fairly small. Not totally rural so if I drive a ways I can find Pokemon easy enough, but once I move in to college in the fall then it'll be way easier to get more Pokemon so I'm pumped for that. I don't really have any good ones right now except for the Lapras that I hatched currently sitting at 1.3k thanks to all the candies it came with, and I haven't seen any rare pokes in my area, not that I expected any better from Iowa. But overall I'm loving the game so far, and I'm excited for all the updates to come.

lorddemolatron

CP and BP fan forever
13872701_1245589645481285_8863836262131587469_n.jpg

Sometimes i go casually into town with the game just too see what Pokemons i get in town centre

Airaku

Stray Jedi
So a new patch came out. They nerfed.... not long after I got one and I didn't get to play the past couple days so I only got to enjoy him for a day or two :( It's heart breaking. At least I'm not one of those people that grinded for 10+ Vaporeon's and wasted all their dust on leveling them. That has to suck for them.

Can't wait to see what the new go to Pokémon will be. Looks like I'll grab my Flareon next instead of another Vaporeon. I haven't had much luck finding Eevee's :(

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@blivvy
That's not a bad one. You're particular hatch is a 100% Stam/HP IV. Which is very good, his battle ratting is only 20/10 at 66.7% IV. Which isn't good but it's stam is great and could probably hold some gyms for ya. Obviously you'd want to evolve him first. His IV stats could change though. So it's a gamble.

So I went out to my parents to feed my cat because they were away. The McDonalds out in Stony had this dude holding out his four walls while the Gym Leader probably was providing him with some protective custody.
Maybe this is his way of telling your kids to hit the gym and lift and play some Pokémanz.

Half the names in this game would get you banned so fast on XBL or PSN. I can't even....

13921142_10153731613895205_2057833594847049829_n.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom