• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 the next mercenaries charactor is....

v iBaxter

they said they listend to what fans want, excella more chris and sheva costumes, nooo there asking the people who only know about resi 5. fail.

Duo

I'm almost convinced they're trying to smear the old-school fans out, but Darkside Chronicles at least had a lot of love for Claire and had Chris' old character design...so that's something? Umbrella Chronicles had a HUNK level too.

Chris-BSAA

BIGHARD CHEATER;63288 said:
However there are 3 Chris's on the new mercenaries. The last one is Chris Flashback BSAA(Real name to be found out soon). So far nothing is known about the kind of weapons he will have in Reunion. But he is going to be character since he is playable in Lost in Nightmares.

i don't think so. the Flashback BSAA costume in LIN looks exactly like his BSAA costume in the main game. and besides, they promised us 4 NEW characters and a flashback chris would just be another costume. I also don't think one of the characters is another wesker or Jill, cause those also would be costumes. still a high change that Barry and Rebecca are the new characters, though i dont think they are cause there where 4 unknow figures.

Valentine

Hard To Kill
Chris-BSAA;63301 said:
i don't think so. the Flashback BSAA costume in LIN looks exactly like his BSAA costume in the main game. and besides, they promised us 4 NEW characters and a flashback chris would just be another costume. I also don't think one of the characters is another wesker or Jill, cause those also would be costumes. still a high change that Barry and Rebecca are the new characters, though i dont think they are cause there where 4 unknow figures.

So we were "promised" 4 NEW CHARS: We have JOSH and EXCELLA that are new right? that means 2 to go?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Duo;63298 said:
I'm almost convinced they're trying to smear the old-school fans out, but Darkside Chronicles at least had a lot of love for Claire and had Chris' old character design...so that's something? Umbrella Chronicles had a HUNK level too.

DSC had Chris' old design because it'd be a FAIL to use the RE5 design.
He couldn't get all that buffed in 3 months (RE1 - RECV), then get back to his original form in 2003 (Caucasus incident in UC), and then get all buffed again for RE5
Excella probably will be helping Wesker after he fell, and that way, she's connected to the LIN scenario.

Now, There's 2 Characters left: 1 from LIN and other from DE. Barry and Rebecca are out of question, because they'd only be related to LIN and they wouldn't be separated. Irving isn't surely on DE, so he won't probably be the Character from that scenario.
Irving may be related to LIN (since we know very little about the scenario), so he could be one of the characters. From DE, maybe Jill with new moves counts as a new character?? Or another BSAA member who makes an appearence in the scenario?? I guess we'll have to wait...

Chris-BSAA

Valentine;63304 said:
So we were "promised" 4 NEW CHARS: We have JOSH and EXCELLA that are new right? that means 2 to go?

i guess so. BTW, found a video-preview showing some LIN gameplay. dont know if you guys already saw it, but its pretty new for me. and it confirms that there will be T-virus-like zombies in LIN.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Chris-BSAA;63301 said:

Do you like to argue because that is what you are doing.

Chris Flashback BSAA is going to be a character in Mercenaries. He is playable in Lost in Nightmares so if he is playable in that there is without a doubt that he will be in Reunion.

Stop Arguing With Me! It Is Annoying!

bruno

Chief Researcher
BIGHARD CHEATER;63312 said:
Do you like to argue because that is what you are doing.

Chris Flashback BSAA is going to be a character in Mercenaries. He is playable in Lost in Nightmares so if he is playable in that there is without a doubt that he will be in Reunion.

I doubt that Chris' LIN costume will be one of the characters because then, we'd have 5 Chris': RE5(BSAA), STARS, Warrior, Heavy Metal and LIN(BSAA). Also, his STARS is a little similar to the LIN costume. I'm not telling it isn't Chris, i just think it will probably be Irving (i'm NOT trying to start an arguement).
Now, i'm really intrigued about the DE character. I can only think of Jill with her new movements, but i really believe it will be a new character...

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
bruno;63313 said:
I doubt that Chris' LIN costume will be one of the characters because then, we'd have 5 Chris': RE5(BSAA), STARS, Warrior, Heavy Metal and LIN(BSAA). Also, his STARS is a little similar to the LIN costume. I'm not telling it isn't Chris, i just think it will probably be Irving (i'm NOT trying to start an arguement).
Now, i'm really intrigued about the DE character. I can only think of Jill with her new movements, but i really believe it will be a new character...

I never said that it was going to be a costume. All I said was that he was going to be playable in Reunion. 2nd we wouldn't have 5 Chris's in Reunion because there is only 8 characters. 3rd I never said that he is the last character. I posted that he was going to be a character in reunion way before Excella was announced. 4th It is playable so it has to be a part of reunion.

Does everybody like to argue with me?

Duo

Stop being so defensive about it. We're just collectively hesitant to accept the idea that 3 of the 8 additions to Merc's are variations of Chris.

bruno

Chief Researcher
BIGHARD CHEATER;63314 said:
I never said that it was going to be a costume. All I said was that he was going to be playable in Reunion. 2nd we wouldn't have 5 Chris's in Reunion because there is only 8 characters. 3rd I never said that he is the last character. I posted that he was going to be a character in reunion way before Excella was announced. 4th It is playable so it has to be a part of reunion.

Does everybody like to argue with me?

1-It's Chris, so it's the same character with different weapons(possibly) and clothes. I consider that a new costume. Also, Chris' clothes in LIN are similar to Josh's in DE.
2-I'm counting the ones in the original release too, as the mini game is very similar.
3-How can you be so sure the other "character" is him? LIN's is the only slot where Irving could possibly fit, and i'd rather play as Irving than a new Chris costume.
4-Not necessarily. You make distinction between the original Mercs and the Mercs Reunion (2)... then, there should also be Jill's 2 costumes.

I'm not saying it's not Chris, but if it is, it'll let many people down, noone's expecting that and it wouldn't be a good "surprise" for most fans.

Chris-BSAA

BIGHARD CHEATER;63312 said:

Sorry. i didnt mean to offense you, but this is a forum and im pretty sure we're all here to discuss with each other.

BTW, what characters do you guys wanna see in Merc reunion(doesnt matter if they probaly wont be in it)

faggot

i saw a video on this forum ( got removed because copyright from capcom but there are others) showing rebecca and barry as like figures so i guess they might be the other two

capcom removing the video could mean that billy and rebecca are in fact the characters

Valentine

Hard To Kill
I want Ark Tomphson and Jack Krauser. I mean I think it's time to step out of the ER5 character and bring back som classics... So far there's only RE5 CHARS.

v iBaxter

if i had the choice for new mercs as in all eight i would have chosen
1.HUNK
2.Krauser
3.Josh stone
4.Dechant
5.Kirk
6.Krauser ( From Darkside )
7.HUNK (Without Mask )
8.Josh stone ( Kenneth Costume from S.T.A.R.S )

Chris-BSAA

I thik i got it... i dont think excella has something to do with Lost in Nightmares, but i think you get her as a new character with Lost in Nightmares.

We Are Ninja

Why is everyone pining for Barry and Rebecca? They had nothing at all to do with RE5 (unlike Irving and DeChant...)? Their figures being in the game is interesting, but if they weren't included, I wouldn't be upset...

Top Bottom