• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 the next mercenaries charactor is....

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
it was said earlier that there would be 4 new costumes and 4 new playable charactors, so most deffinatly the last two are barry and rebecca, or someone else

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Irving... DUN DUN DUN!

He does have a gun in the game...

I'm hoping for Barry or Rebecca though.

bruno

Chief Researcher
The last two characters are related to the scenario "Lost in Nightmares", so i assume it can only be Jill & Chris (new costumes), Wesker (new costume) & Spencer (It's almost impossible, but after Excella, you never know), or Rebecca & Barry (for obvious reasons, they are related to the scenario and the fact hat they are collectable figures in the game hints they are the next ones).
I'm almost sure it'll be Rebecca and Barry. Some people thought it would be Irving or HUNK, but they are not related to the scenario.
I like Sheva's Fairytale costume, it's surely the one which suits her better (if you understand what i mean)
Resident-Evil-5-Trailer-Sheva-Alomar-Fairy-Tale_1.jpg

We Are Ninja

But Rebecca and Barry weren't in the game...

I think we'll see Irving for sure and Kirk or DeChant as the last two...

Though it'd be cool if we got that random blonde woman that attacked Chris before she got majini'd...

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Well if there are 2 more slots open then I would say that it is Rebecca and Barry simply because they threw in collectable figures. I don't think its "Lost in the Nightmare" Chris and Jill because they already have Jill's BSAA outfit as playable. The fact that Chris' STARS outfit looks very similar to the outfit in Lost in the Nightmare makes me believe that they will probably do something new.

Also I think some people are forgetting that new costumes= new characters sooo... I think there's only 1 spot open and if that's the case then Irving fits the bill. He had a big part to the game's story. Bigger than Kirk or Dechant.

v iBaxter

hunk had nothing to do with resi 4 so theres a chance he could come in and resi 5 characters suck, the only new one i liked was josh.

bruno

Chief Researcher
In the official site, in the Mercnaries Reunion section, you see the characters divided like this:

Lost In Nightmares
???????????
???????????

Costume Pack 1
Business (Sheva)
Heavy Metal (Chris)

Desperate Escape
Josh Stone
???????????

Costume Pack 2
Fairy Tale (Sheva)
Warrior (Chris)

That's why the new characters have to be connected to the scenario Lost in Nightmares.
The ??????????? character in Desperate Escape is Excella (she's next to Josh in the Japanese site), so probably she will be the main villian in the scenario.
Barry and Rebecca re not in the game, but the mansion is similar to the one in RE1, so it brings back memories of them (their figurines also have the same clothes and sounds as in REmake). It could be some other characters also present in the scenario, but for now, Barry and 'Becca are my best guesses.
I don't believe Irving, Krauser or HUNK will possibly be in it.
If you buy the game, you'll have all the mercs, but if you buy the DLC, you'll have to buy packs of characters.

Ocidental Website: http://www.residentevil.com/gold/
Japanese Website: http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio5/ae/mercenaries.html

chrisheva

Chosen Keyblade Wielder
that...is...the...dumbest...idea i have heard for the mercinaries, and i have heard a LOT of bad ideas

bruno

Chief Researcher
Weskers Shades;63212 said:
how can excella be the main villain in desperate escape she was on the boat with wesker.

You're right. Probably she'll be involved in some way... or she'll only be released in the japanese version, as her name is not yet on the US Website.

Chris-BSAA

I Hope at least one of the new characters is a classic one, cause i'm not waiting for another costume or something.

bruno

Chief Researcher
The official ocidental web site has been updated and i was wrong, Excella is the character of "Lost in Nightmares". I don't see how that's possible, since i thought she had nothing to do with it. Either the characters are not related to the scenario they correspond to or Excella will somehow be connected to that scenario.
This is how it looks like now:

Lost In Nightmares
Excella
???????????

Desperate Escape
Josh Stone
???????????

We have two characters left now, and if the characters are somehow related to their scenarios, then Rebecca and Barry are out of question... I now expect Wesker (new costume) or Spencer and Irving.

ConvictedMP5

damn it looks like the 8 characters are going to be

1)Chris (Warrior)
2)Chris (Heavy Metel)
3)Sheva (Fairy Tale)
4)Sheva (Business)
5)Jill (BSAA)
6)Wesker (Midnight)
7)Exella
8)Josh

now i doubt that rebecca or barry will be in :mad:

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Godzilla90s;63285 said:
damn it looks like the 8 characters are going to be

1)Chris (Warrior)
2)Chris (Heavy Metel)
3)Sheva (Fairy Tale)
4)Sheva (Business)
5)Jill (BSAA)
6)Wesker (Midnight)
7)Exella
8)Josh

now i doubt that rebecca or barry will be in :mad:

Actually the real characters are going to be the 2 Chris's you named, the 2 Sheva's you named, Excella, and Josh.

However there are 3 Chris's on the new mercenaries. The last one is Chris Flashback BSAA(Real name to be found out soon). So far nothing is known about the kind of weapons he will have in Reunion. But he is going to be character since he is playable in Lost in Nightmares.

So since last week we have 1 character to find out, but I think we know who he/she/IT is.

And the samething goes for me about Rebecca and Barry. I am kinda of mad since they are not in the Reunion, new figures and voice clips and looks, but to bad that they are not going to be characters.

Top Bottom