• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 The new herb system and the god-aweful cathedral entrance fight (mild spoilers)

Darkness

Infected
What up with the new way they're doing herbs? This is completely weird. Let me get this straight, you actually have to take herbs out of your inventory and put them into the little hotkey to use them. Green herbs give you 1 box of health, double greens give three, and green plus reds give you six... but for some reason when you use a herb that gives you more than 1 bar of health, you get to divide it's use so a red plus green is essentially the same as just storing 6 greens. What the hell is going on here?

Also did anyone else get frustrated at the cathedral entrance fight on Leon's campaign? I am playing on vet, but that was still way more annoying than it should have been. I literally could not sit still for a second to take a few quick shots at anyone or i would be grabbed randomly from the side. First i tried to wait it out until the ending triggered and then rush the door. Both times i would sit there waiting at the door while my partner (AI) would take her sweet time walking over, and get tackled halfway there. All i could do was watch helplessly as Leon held his hand to the door, I couldn't even get out of door mode to turn around and defend myself, so i got grabbed too. I threw off the zom, and tried to press the door again, hoping my partner threw off her zom too, but she got grabbed again, and i died.

My third time trying that i was like "f**k it." I just ran around the trees and benches in a figure 8, dropping my 8 remote mines and 4 incendiaries on random enemies, and then mopped up the ones that were left before even attempting to go through the door. Now i'm finally inside. :eek:

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I cannot get passed the damn staircase in chris campaign chapter five !!!! No matter what difficulty I put it on, whether its professional or amateur it does not change the stair run !!! I press x to jump on a stair case and i am there split second then I just die and staircase falls !!! its plain rediculous to the point that i beat all the other camapaigns and this stupid- asssss stair case is going to hold me back from playing adas campaign !!!!

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I struggled on both those sections but to be honest their not that bad its just tactics and a bit of luck. Firstly the herbs I quite like because you dont use all your stuff in one go, you can conserve and moderate their use better. Its useful in mercenaries. You can press RB+ X/Square to mix red+green automatically if you dont have any pills in your slot.
For the cemetary entrance I start near the door and start running around in circles later. Save your bombs for the final push.
I got it after a few attempts and im on veteran too.
For the chris part running up the stairs, it f**ks up if your bot gets ahead of you , so make sure As soon as the scene starts and you can move your already holding A and leaning the correct direction. once you learn when and where the camera spins you know when to switch your movement stick. Its a bit of a ballache but mine just clocked after a few days.
The worst part for me was sliding out the plane with leon I had no ammo to shoot the barrel, whilst sliding I picked up ammo , reloaded my pistol and shot the barrel.

zeroskaterz92

basically that's how the herb actually works.
1 green herb = 1 tablet for 1 slot of health,
1 green herb + 1 green herb = 3 tablets for 3 slot of health,
1 green herb + 1 red herb = 6 tablets (max) for max slot health,

for an example, if you combine red + green = 6 tablets,
the thing is that the character isn't used all the 6 tablets (that's actually a good thing)
you can either use 1 tablet per 1 slot or you can directly use all the tablets at once to max out your health.
at least that you're not accidentally ****ed up using all of them despite that you only lose 1 or 2 slots.

you can still combine the herb with only using green herb to get six tablets but it's quite drag out a bit especially if you play on harder mode or if you didn't use the Item Drop Increase skill.

instead of searching for more than one green herb to get 6 tablets, it's better that if you found one green herb and one red herb to get 6 tablets.

for Cathedral part, require a bit of strategy there. run around until all zombie are in one place, then unleash the hell upon them using explosions.

for Chapter 5 in Chris, you just need to hold the Dash button like a retard, let it automatically slide, jump or climb the obstacles (there are some part where you need to push the button quickly especially when you just slide the obstacle and you need to climb another one so you need to push the button).
few parts for partner interact, so you need to be alert.
there's also few parts where you need to slide instead of crawl (which is slows you down and eventually you died).

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I struggled with it quite a bit at first as well - but once I got the hang of the remote bombs it was pretty smooth sailing from there.

HELLBOY1980

I struggled on both those sections but to be honest their not that bad its just tactics and a bit of luck. Firstly the herbs I quite like because you dont use all your stuff in one go, you can conserve and moderate their use better. Its useful in mercenaries. You can press RB+ X/Square to mix red+green automatically if you dont have any pills in your slot.
For the cemetary entrance I start near the door and start running around in circles later. Save your bombs for the final push.
I got it after a few attempts and im on veteran too.
For the chris part running up the stairs, it f**ks up if your bot gets ahead of you , so make sure As soon as the scene starts and you can move your already holding A and leaning the correct direction. once you learn when and where the camera spins you know when to switch your movement stick. Its a bit of a ballache but mine just clocked after a few days.
The worst part for me was sliding out the plane with leon I had no ammo to shoot the barrel, whilst sliding I picked up ammo , reloaded my pistol and shot the barrel.
-you mean ajke with the barrel? I didnt reload my gun and so when it cut to the scene Id fall out of the plane I did it like 8 times till I realized to crawl backwards and reload. lol... drove me crazy n the driving with chris makes you wanna scream too!!!

BRoGAN

ResiNerd
If you are in the bit where you are waiting for another player and it is just a shot of you at the door, you can press A and you will exit waiting

miiyukiwiini

I cannot get passed the damn staircase in chris campaign chapter five !!!! No matter what difficulty I put it on, whether its professional or amateur it does not change the stair run !!! I press x to jump on a stair case and i am there split second then I just die and staircase falls !!! its plain rediculous to the point that i beat all the other camapaigns and this stupid- asssss stair case is going to hold me back from playing adas campaign !!!!
omg same over here i got annoyed and went to try leon's campain and i ended up stuck on that godamm lift wire trying to climb up

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I'm only on ch2 of my first scenario (Leon's). >_> I wish I had more time to play.

I'm playing on normal, and the Cathedral Entrance fight was difficult, but I don't think I died much (if at all). What I did was clear the room of zombies, and then, I just went up the ladder and let the Boss chase me, shooting him with the sniper along the way. I don't remember it taking too long.

The fight I had trouble with was with the survivors in that gun shop (and surrounding areas). It was just too dark, and I kept getting trapped in corners. I ****ing hate the dogs, by the way!

The herb system is challenging, but it's handy in that it saves inventory space (when I remember to do it).

Darkness

Infected
basically that's how the herb actually works.
1 green herb = 1 tablet for 1 slot of health,
1 green herb + 1 green herb = 3 tablets for 3 slot of health,
1 green herb + 1 red herb = 6 tablets (max) for max slot health,

Yeah I understand how it works, but I'm saying it's just weird compared to how it's always been done in the past.

I'm playing on normal, and the Cathedral Entrance fight was difficult, but I don't think I died much (if at all). What I did was clear the room of zombies, and then, I just went up the ladder and let the Boss chase me, shooting him with the sniper along the way. I don't remember it taking too long.

Haha that is after your in the cathedral, I was talking about the fight before you even get in the door, when they lock you out.

elowksta

First chapter of Ada's campaign kicked my ass on normal. Professional is gunna make me cry from frustration I can already tell lol.

Blion1

ya gotta Slide under that thing before it... if im thinking of the same place

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Haha that is after your in the cathedral, I was talking about the fight before you even get in the door, when they lock you out.
Oh yeah, that's tough. All the zombies were difficult at first because I wasn't used to the combat system at all, but I got the hang of it. I beat Leon's scenario last night, and you pretty much have to get used to killing zombies...

I think I died upwards of 40 times throughout the campaign altogether lmao... mostly at QTE's, though.

HELLBOY1980

Leons campaign was awesome and easy for me, now chris the driving and my never ending deaths on the stairs in chapter 5 are going to keep adas campaign from me !!

BranBran

I got hit by a damn train! HAHA it was Epic. Then a regenerator monster thing threw me in this fan thing haha. :p

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
speaking of herbs, when ever i use those health tablets/pills.it looks like they are taking (breath) mints (the animation it does when you take a health pill, even when they pop one out to take one, the sound it does) :p anyone get that impression or is it just me? :p

Darkness

Infected
speaking of herbs, when ever i use those health tablets/pills.it looks like they are taking (breath) mints (the animation it does when you take a health pill, even when they pop one out to take one, the sound it does) :p anyone get that impression or is it just me? :p
Yeah that is pretty weird. In the last game it looked like it was like a type of air freshener which i also thought was weird. I'm not sure which version makes more sense, this one or that one.

Top Bottom