• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) the music

Silverfern

The Haka: "Ka Mate!"
when i first played this game back then. the background music were a bit scary lol.. but when it comes to the emotion scenes like ada wounded, ada dying or the saved room, ummmm yeah not too scary fro me tho.

Anthony111

Now I think this resident evil has the most creepy music. The first floor with that random bang and doors creaking is quite enough and the room with that injured cop has some intense sounds. Whenever I listen to the music on youtube sometimes, I ALWAYS think of the empty corridors and how scary the place became, can you imagine it before the attack with no mess and people walking around it doing their jobs? hard to imagine...

nradams

Niki
I think that the music was super scary because it just kind of goes unoticed in the background, until there is a slam in the background. I rememeber me and my friend thought it was a door opening or something and jumped. Anyone know what I am talking about?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Every single time i play a video game i put on music for my own entertainment because its usually lame to listen...then there is RE...i NEVER put on anything else because the music and sound is just supurb...

Anthony111

nradams;103056 said:
I think that the music was super scary because it just kind of goes unoticed in the background, until there is a slam in the background. I rememeber me and my friend thought it was a door opening or something and jumped. Anyone know what I am talking about?

I do, when I first played it that part creeped me out, I guess now we are all used to it as it is part of the soundtrack but those realistic sounds made it unexpecting.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
alot of the background music scared the f**K out of me,some times i didnt even wanna play the game.how about you guys?

RE2 had some of best and most memorable music. The safe room was one of my favorites, as well as the different stuff for Birkin, 1st and 2nd Malformations, the scene where he mututes, etc.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
^I completely agree Spike. Very memorable. The theme for the entrance hall to the RPD is especially memorable to me because it occurs in both RE2 and RE3.

"Leon with Claire" or "Leon and Claire" is a great piece as is the previously-mentioned-by-Spike save room theme. And the RE Orchestra album puts these two pieces together in one beautiful track called "A Secure Place", which I believe is also the title of the save room theme. If you haven't heard it then you'll want to. It really conveys the hopelessness that most of us (excluding Leon and Claire) would feel in that situation.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
^I completely agree Spike. Very memorable. The theme for the entrance hall to the RPD is especially memorable to me because it occurs in both RE2 and RE3.

"Leon with Claire" or "Leon and Claire" is a great piece as is the previously-mentioned-by-Spike save room theme. And the RE Orchestra album puts these two pieces together in one beautiful track called "A Secure Place", which I believe is also the title of the save room theme. If you haven't heard it then you'll want to. It really conveys the hopelessness that most of us (excluding Leon and Claire) would feel in that situation.

Yes, I was going to mention that. Actually, I think it was the theme for the first room you enter in RE2, that is used for the entrance to RPD in RE3.

Also, while not the same, Outbreak File#2's music, in RPD, the Desperate Times scenario with Marvin, it had stuff that sounded similar to the main hall theme in RE2 & RE3.

Leon and Claire isn't one I'm familiar with. I used to have several tracks from the RE2 soundtrack on my ipod, before it broke, and some notable ones I had.

The Secure Place safe room theme, obviously, the two different tracks that play when Ada dies(one for LeonA the other for LeonB), the stuff for G, Sherry's Theme, Ada's theme, and not to mention the credits for the A scenario, not the sort of rock 'n' roll track that played during the B credits.

Also, what did you think of RE2's sort of, remixed, tracks in Darkside? I though they did a good job there, with all the music in DSC, both the RE2 & CVX sections.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Yes, I was going to mention that. Actually, I think it was the theme for the first room you enter in RE2, that is used for the entrance to RPD in RE3.

Also, while not the same, Outbreak File#2's music, in RPD, the Desperate Times scenario with Marvin, it had stuff that sounded similar to the main hall theme in RE2 & RE3.

Leon and Claire isn't one I'm familiar with. I used to have several tracks from the RE2 soundtrack on my ipod, before it broke, and some notable ones I had.

The Secure Place safe room theme, obviously, the two different tracks that play when Ada dies(one for LeonA the other for LeonB), the stuff for G, Sherry's Theme, Ada's theme, and not to mention the credits for the A scenario, not the sort of rock 'n' roll track that played during the B credits.

Also, what did you think of RE2's sort of, remixed, tracks in Darkside? I though they did a good job there, with all the music in DSC, both the RE2 & CVX sections.

RE2 and RE3 both have the RPD entrance hall theme. I do think they did a good job remixing the songs for DSC. But there was a lot more action going on in DSC so the music was arranged for that. Some themes, like the RPD entrance hall theme, I like better in the original games. But some of the tracks I thought were improved in DSC, like the various Malformation of G tracks. Those were great in the more intense arrangement. While on the subject I thought the original, new music from DSC was great. In fact the credits theme from DSC is probably my favorite RE track.

Leon and Claire plays when Leon and Claire meet up in the STARS office. You'll recognize it when you hear it. The track I mentioned from the RE Orchestra album starts off with the orchestral arrangement of the save room theme and halfway through it suddenly drops into a great arrangement of Leon and Claire. Look it up on youtube. actually I'll do it for you:

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Is that the one that plays in the room? You are talking about the one where Leon gives Claire the diary right? It's been longer than I remembered.:)

Oh, and one more track that I'd like to add from RE2/RE3, the epilogue music, when you unlock the epilogues in RE3, one for Leon, Claire, Jill, Chris, Barry, Becca, Sherry, and HUNK, there is a great BGM.

And another, the BGM that plays in the Extreme Battle Mode. And 4th Survivor too.:) Sorry, just remembered a bunch.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Is that the one that plays in the room? You are talking about the one where Leon gives Claire the diary right? It's been longer than I remembered.:)

Oh, and one more track that I'd like to add from RE2/RE3, the epilogue music, when you unlock the epilogues in RE3, one for Leon, Claire, Jill, Chris, Barry, Becca, Sherry, and HUNK, there is a great BGM.

And another, the BGM that plays in the Extreme Battle Mode. And 4th Survivor too.:) Sorry, just remembered a bunch.

yep thats the one.

Yea I always like how calming and relaxing the music is from the post game stuff, like the credits, results, and epilogues.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
yep thats the one.

Yea I always like how calming and relaxing the music is from the post game stuff, like the credits, results, and epilogues.

The credits are always good. RE0, REmake, RE2, RE3(although RE3's sounded like something from a 90's inspirational tv movie), CVX was just a compilation of tracks from the game, RE4's Sorrow credit theme was great, I loved the whole village thing in that game, mainly the beginning of it. RE5 had the Prey theme during the credits, though I prefer the instrumental.

Oh, and just to point this out, I found RE0 and Outbreak(both File#2 included) to have the best music throughout the entire series. It all had a darker feel, sort of sophistication...just a great feel to each of those soundtracks.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Does the normal version of re2 have better musics than the dual shock version?

Is there a difference?

I know that RE1's soundtrack is a bit different from Director's Cut...not sure about RE2 though. I'm guess it's not any different though.

Sexta_PT

thanks spike, i think i made confusion with the director's cut, wich i read it have worst music than its precedor
im going to get re2 , so im researching their diferences, hehe

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
thanks spike, i think i made confusion with the director's cut, wich i read it have worst music than its precedor
im going to get re2 , so im researching their diferences, hehe

Oh, is there a Director's Cut for RE2?

If you find anything different, go ahead and post here for us that don't know.:) I don't know if there are any different version for RE2 though, just tons for RE1, original, Director's, REmake, the Sega versions, etc.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Oh, is there a Director's Cut for RE2?

If you find anything different, go ahead and post here for us that don't know.:) I don't know if there are any different version for RE2 though, just tons for RE1, original, Director's, REmake, the Sega versions, etc.

There's dual shock version of RE2...but idk how much different it is...

nradams

Niki
Yeah the music in RE 2 is super creepy, but the worst part for me was when there was no music, because that was when something really bad was about to happen.

Professor X

Theres one theme in Resident Evil 2 that I can't stand (in a good way) because it's so dreadful. It's the theme that plays in the hallway with the statue puzzle, where you obtain one of the red emblems.

Every time that track plays I feel as though something disturbing and horrific went down there, particularly involving either Zombie's or Brian Irons.

Here we are - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBqPnAU-H2A&feature=related

Top Bottom