• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Survival" The RE Theme Version

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
This is an original RPG I made up with a few friends a few years ago that we used to play. We just called it "Survival" (all rights reserved by DegenerateElite), and even though we originally had all original characters I thought "Hey why not make a RE version?" I did, played it at a party a couple of years ago. It was awesome. So then I thought "Why not online?" So here I am.

Here's how it works: Everyone starts in a room of building. We'll make the goal of this game to find the source of the virus and destroy it and an Umbrella lab. From the room you proogress through various areas as I describe them to you. Every detail is vital if you want to survive. How you open a door: Normally, kicking it open, SWAT style, etc. because something is usually waiting on the other side. These things are:
Death: Someone automatically dies
Trap: Depends on the trap as to who, but someone gets caught in one
Monsters: May even be hidden in the room, so proceed with caution
Seemingly useless items
Useful herbs and food etc.
Weapons
Now don't fret about the death, there are ways around it depending on your character's special ability. Certain abilities are always active like Leon's quick thinking or Louis' safekeeping. Other abilities such as Ada's good shot will be strictly regulated and I will let you guys know when they are available for use. After each use, there will be a time penalty on it it and it cannot be used until further notice.
I do have all the areas mapped out as well and I know what's behind each door beforehand so I won't cheat you, but if you guys are barely scrapin' by, I'll be more merciful. Think of me as the Director from the Left 4 Dead game engine. Likewise, if you blow through, I might make it a little harder.
I won't cheat you guys at all. I have everything written out in paper to keep myself organized as well. So that's my insurance from flaming.
As for character picking: Everyone decide amongst yourselves which character you guys get. You'll all start in different places and most likely alone if you pick a really good one. Therefore your decisions will decide your fate throughout the course of the game and story. It may even lead you to some easter eggs and cool non-related RE bonus characters.... So keep a level head, think about your decisions and be patient. I don't live on the computer, but I make it a point to get on at least once a day. So make your posts and I'll reply as to the outcome of your action by the end of the day and it will repeat the next day until the game is finished.
Now as for an example.

You are in a jail cell. There is one exit and a crossways. The hall to your right is shrouded in darkness and your left leads into a labyrinth of cells full of screams and agonizing cries for help.
(I'll use RE5, Hoady, and Trinity for an example.)
Trinity and Hoady go right. RE5 goes left. Proceed slowly.
RE5 is able to sneak by a garridor because of his slow movement.
Hoady and Trinity run into dogs and aren't able to get into a run in the dark quickly enough. They're pinned down.

So as you can see, EVERYTHING is dependant on your decisions as a player. I don't know if this'll work online, but I figured I'd give it a shot.
If this works out I'll start a thread about our original Survival game. You think RE is unmerciful? HA! So... the game will start tomorrow at night EST. So grab a character and we'll add people as they join. Every post will be labeled as well so everyone knows which scenario I'll be referring to. I know it'll be hard to do this, but please don't read other people's posts other than your own and the one's I assign you. It'll add to the difficulty. Granted, a few random words can't be helped, but do try.

(Click on image to enlarge)

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3783/100000001.jpg
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5991/100000002.jpg

I'll try to find a day where I can stay on for a couple hours so we can reply and play in real time. It'll most-likely be Sunday.

Hoady

This sounds cool sucks about the dogs though.:p

My pick would have to be louis.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Alright!

Hoady - Louis

alecrayrocks - Chris

Jason-Voorhees - Ada

rathit - Wesker

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Well, I'm gonna go ahead and start this off.

Chris Scenario:
You wake up in an old warehouse. The area is dusty and naught but old cabinets surround you. The windows are boarded, you can't see outside and you've been unconscious for three hours and don't know what's going on outside. To your left is a door leading into a cross-section hallway. You have a small handgun with 10 bullets.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Louis and Ada Scenario:
You are both mysteriously chained to each other by handcuffs. Neither of you has a gun either. Ada has a knife, Louis has a Jack Daniels bottle.
You both awaken in a dusty hallway. All of the doors are closed, there are five to your right, four to your left, and ahead of you is a cross section to the right and to the left.

L

Lurker
you know what, sorry to ruin me and luis plots but this actually looks a bit stupid (sorry). i think id rather quit.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Alright. Bye rathit.
Well then... Ada, you take Leon's place, you're stuck with Louis. (Refer to previous post.)

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Okay, but no quitting and just coming back, make sure this it what you want rathit. I don't want to hold up the game, it's gonna go slow anyway. Make sure Wesker is what you want and you're gonna see the game through. Reply with another post and let me know your final decision.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Ada and Louis

Good thinking with the butterfly knife. The two of you are now unbound, but still have no firearms. You two have advanced down the hall and taken a left. You guys can turn right or left. Both directions terminate at a dead end. There's four doors on each wall to your right, three to the left. Behind you a way's away, you can hear footsteps.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Wesker

You are in a prison cell in an underground compound. The electricity has shut down and everyone has mysteriously dissapeared. You have no weapons but your fists and you have no idea where to go. You encounter a long hallway with two halls veering away to the right and ditto to the left. Straight ahead you can see a wide open space.

L

Lurker
Wesker thrust punched the cell door and walked out. He entered the hall on the right.

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Wesker

Strangely... no one comes after you. It is extremely dark, but you can still see what's going on. To your right are three doors, to your left is one, straight ahead is a four-way intersection and your footsteps are echoing in the hall.

Top Bottom