• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Subliminal Messages?

Meg

So bin ich eben
I found this debate quite healthy, but I do agree with you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, including silverback, but I have some opinions I keep to myself, and I think everyone should go by that motto. If you have nothing nice to say, or if you have something you feel as though the majority will disagree with, and YOU'RE not 100% sure of your opinion either, then keep it to yeself. ;)

Not trying to offend anyone btw, I enjoy a good healthy debate from time to time. It's good for people to share their differences.
I was only teasing! XD

And about this video. I'm gonna list stuff as I notice them:
1. The song choice sounds like something from Immediate.
2. Rape is not about lust. Rape is a tool used to control and intimidate a person by violating a person in the cruelest sense. It is about control, not sexual desire.
3. How about we teach kids about ways to prevent pregnancies than just saying "DON'T HAVE SEX!" Because yelling at someone to not do something is just going to encourage many of them to do it.
4. Maybe the reason there are more pregnancies in Latinas is because the Latinos population has been growing?
5. The purpose of the music industry is not to push sex and drugs. The point of any industry is to make money and sex sells.
6. People have been having sex with whoever for centuries. Before the music industry. It's just that how many people do it hasn't come out until recently.
7. And the reason why more Americans identify as members of the GLBTQ community now than in the 70s is because it has become more accepted to be in that community. There has always been gay people. Heck, there's even evidence to support that Lincoln was gay.
8. This song is epic. I wants it on my iPod. @.@
9. Kevin Bishop is an idiot on many levels to suggest pedophilia and homosexuality are connected.
10. Homosexuality is natural.
11. This video also assumes are viewers are male.
12. Pedophilia will never be legal. It's still such a taboo with people to be legal. If anything, I know the feminist movement would fight against it. But it would never even be considered.
13. Butterflies are also cute things that are popular with young girls. Heck, I like butterflies.
14. Or maybe the picture Hayley Williams posted goes along with the Paramore lyric: "Keep your feet on the ground when your head's in the cloud."
15. Again, rape is about control over the victim. Not lust.
16. How does the money Apple and McDonald's make aid Israel in war exactly?
17. What proof does this video have that Osama Bin Laden wasn't killed?

My final thoughts on this video:
1. Whoever made it has a great taste in music,
2. They are also either extremely uneducated or just plain old stupid. Or both.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Loving all of your guys opinions...Thank you...Everyone is entitled to believe what they want to believe and it's cool that we had a bit of that show through this thread...That being said, I haven't quite shared mine yet lol, so here is my two cents...

Subliminal Messages are in fact real...We don't go looking for them in most cases, however, we subconsciously notice them, which is what's making them subliminal...For example...Wendy's, when advertising their dollar chicken sandwich a few years back, at the very end had a close up of the sandwich...In the lettuce of said sandwich you could CLEARLY see a one dollar bill, but ONLY if you were looking for it...however, one would subconsciously notice that...It was put there to show that it was only a dollar...So, that is PROOF of subliminal messaging...

I don't necessarily believe in all the types I listed above, however, I do believe it's out there...
I'm gonna end this debate right now. In America, we have freedom of speech. People can say what they want whether you like what they say or not.
I do mean what I say in good taste my friend...Honest...
You don't know how wrong you are...We of America do NOT have free speech..That is the illusion our government has painted for us...America is NOT the safe haven it was, and if every single one of us could flee to another country we should gladly do so...There is evil in the work in our government, and the Marshall Law Act will DESTROY the Bill of Rights...Free Speech is lost to us the moment we learn to talk...

I was only teasing! XD

And about this video. I'm gonna list stuff as I notice them:
1. The song choice sounds like something from Immediate.
2. Rape is not about lust. Rape is a tool used to control and intimidate a person by violating a person in the cruelest sense. It is about control, not sexual desire.
3. How about we teach kids about ways to prevent pregnancies than just saying "DON'T HAVE SEX!" Because yelling at someone to not do something is just going to encourage many of them to do it.
4. Maybe the reason there are more pregnancies in Latinas is because the Latinos population has been growing?
5. The purpose of the music industry is not to push sex and drugs. The point of any industry is to make money and sex sells.
6. People have been having sex with whoever for centuries. Before the music industry. It's just that how many people do it hasn't come out until recently.
7. And the reason why more Americans identify as members of the GLBTQ community now than in the 70s is because it has become more accepted to be in that community. There has always been gay people. Heck, there's even evidence to support that Lincoln was gay.
8. This song is epic. I wants it on my iPod. @.@
9. Kevin Bishop is an idiot on many levels to suggest pedophilia and homosexuality are connected.
10. Homosexuality is natural.
11. This video also assumes are viewers are male.
12. Pedophilia will never be legal. It's still such a taboo with people to be legal. If anything, I know the feminist movement would fight against it. But it would never even be considered.
13. Butterflies are also cute things that are popular with young girls. Heck, I like butterflies.
14. Or maybe the picture Hayley Williams posted goes along with the Paramore lyric: "Keep your feet on the ground when your head's in the cloud."
15. Again, rape is about control over the victim. Not lust.
16. How does the money Apple and McDonald's make aid Israel in war exactly?
17. What proof does this video have that Osama Bin Laden wasn't killed?

My final thoughts on this video:
1. Whoever made it has a great taste in music,
2. They are also either extremely uneducated or just plain old stupid. Or both.
My apologies for the double post...Hadn't realized there were two pages...But anyway...ALL of this is true...I couldn't agree with a post on this website more than this one...

Meg

So bin ich eben
I do mean what I say in good taste my friend...Honest...
You don't know how wrong you are...We of America do NOT have free speech..That is the illusion our government has painted for us...America is NOT the safe haven it was, and if every single one of us could flee to another country we should gladly do so...There is evil in the work in our government, and the Marshall Law Act will DESTROY the Bill of Rights...Free Speech is lost to us the moment we learn to talk...
Relax, it was a joke. I've been protesting every Internet censorship bill to be proposed for awhile now.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
They are very much real.

Ever wondered where the great artists of today are... they are in advertising. They have extensive knowledge on how the human mind works, and the relationship between the environment and the viewer, the object and the desire...

Even the use of words is deliberate and intentional.

Everyone talks about Disney, but just about every advert you see on the tv, or hear on the radio, is packed with suggestion and bate.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Man... if I was working at Disney before the CGI stuff and had to individually draw and animate every single frame... damn right I'd be sticking penises where they don't belong too. Not because I'd want to mentally condition people, but because I'd be bored as hell and penises are funny to draw. Especially hairy ones. How do you like me now.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I lol'd when I saw the priest's boner in "The Little Mermaid." There's penises everywhere in Disney! No wonder I grew up drawing penises in elementary school (no joke, twas an embarrassing time for me... Now my friends from that town call me d!ck girl.)

Top Bottom