• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Spoiler talk (Spoilers inside, duh)

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I doubt I will have the infinite launcher by then lol. I've settled on the fact that I'll have to go without.
You're so much braver than I am, lol. And honestly, I still have problems with the very last Nemesis fight even with the launcher. He gets very angry and does a cheap three hit combo on you after you get 1 battery cell back in that, even if I can dodge the first two hits, I'm never able to dodge the third. *Sighs*

Rain611

You can't kill me.
It's not bravery it's necessity lol. I've bought so much stuff from the shop already that I just won't be able to use the launcher so I'm just gonna have to figure out a way.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
It's not bravery it's necessity lol. I've bought so much stuff from the shop already that I just won't be able to use the launcher so I'm just gonna have to figure out a way.
I've seen people do it and not even have one lick of trouble. I guess I'm just not there yet. I find it really hard to time Nemesis' attacks in the final boss fight. I probably just need to practice more but honestly he's so fast on inferno with that 3 hit combo that it's ridiculous.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I understand. I feel like his difficulty rises exponentially between difficulties because on Standard he was easy and on Hardcore he was annoying but still doable. I feel like in Nightmare it was be a b!tch and in Inferno he will probably be ridiculous. I watch a streamer who beat Final Nemmy in 1.5 minutes so I'll watch his video for reference.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yeah - in Standard mode - the final Nemesis can't even hurt you. His attacks are so dodgeable and his time between attacks is like 5 seconds. I watched an Inferno Nemesis 4 play and you basically have to press dodge every 2-3 seconds while shooting at his weak spots. Insane how different that is.

Mega_Hunter

Hey, guys. I just finished the game and had a mixture of good and bad feelings. After all, it's a great game, great cinematics, great gameplay, and the story is also good. But I can't stop to feel that it's a great lost opportunity to make the best Resident Evil ever... I mean, in Resi 3 Original they started at zero point and made an incredible game that is still alive today, and now in 2020, with this great RE Engine, having a complete game as base material, they only make a (short) good and fun game. I expected more, especially after the Resi 2 Remake (which is not perfect, but really amazing)

Some of the bad feeling:
NEMESIS.

Nemesis is perhaps the most iconic BOW in the franchise, he has appeared in films, other games and no one doubts that he is tough ... In the original, his mission is to kill the two remaining S.T.A.R.S. in RC, and he got 50% by killing Brad (did someone else have the feeling that Nemesis set a trap, just teasing Brad until he was reunited with Jill, so he could kill the S.T.A.R.S. at once?). But in this remake, even with its design, size, speed and strength, Nemesis doesn't kill Brad (half of his mission), and had his hands on Jill's neck so many times without killing her, this Nemesis is nothing compared to the original .

THE END OF AN ARC.
In the original, we had the end of the whole arc of RC. The epiloges reinforces this feeling. In this remake, i missed some more information about the other S.T.A.R.S. Why is just Jill and Brad in RC? How Chris, Rebecca, and Barry managed to get out? Not even the original RE3 explain that cleary, and that was a lost oportunity to do this. I loved how they portray Jill’s trauma with the mansion incident and the confinement, but why it happened just to her? Why not lock Chris, Barry and Rebecca? Maybe Irons just did this to Jill after he knew that the others got out of the RC, but the game do not show this.
In the original, Chris, Barry and Jill had a plan... Chris and Barry didn't left Jill, she choose to stay in RC and investigate more, then she would join them... The S.T.A.R.S team was always conected and ready to the "next arc", but the game do not show this too.

Some of the good Feeling:
The Clock Tower (I know not everyone will agree :evil:).

It's not that I don't love the Clock Tower part of the original game and that I wouldn't love to have a complete Clock Tower in this remake, but what is the point of solve puzzles to ring the bell to be rescued by helicopter? If the plan was to rescue the survivors, Just be there and be rescued. :lol: How many hellicopters would it take if there were 20 survivors? If there were only 1 hellicopter, how many trips? :twisted:

The subway to get out of the city is a better idea.

Maybe that's what they thought ... Of course, they could make CT more meaningful, but if I had to choose between "solve puzzles to ring the CT's bell and only after that be allowed to be rescued" or not having a CT at all, I would prefer not to have it at all.

Carlos.
He is better here then never. keeps hitting on Jill, but not in a way that bothers and tires. In this Remake, Carlos becomes even more relevant and really funny. I always knew he was from South America, but I never bet he was Brazilian ... But now I think he can be, because like us Brazilians, even with great difficulties and dangers he can laugh (Maybe it's just stupidity, but that defines us too :lol:)... I will be sincere, my country has everything to be big, but people don't let it, we fight among us, don't allow ourselves to grow, we suffer without knowing that most of the time we chose it, but still, we are a happy people ... I don't know why, but that's how we are and that's enough, i'm losing focus. I just feel that he can really be Brazilian, no matter how soft his accent has been in this version.

I have many other things to say, but it would be tiring to read, so, in summary, this would be how I would do it:

*The beginning would be identical until Jill found Brad. He would say that in addition to all those infected, he was being followed by something big that only screams S.T.A.R.S;

*Jill and Brad would go to RPD, the main point of resistance to the Outbreak and the safest shelter;

*They would find some officers alive, but they would know from Marvin that the RPD fell, and that all survivors were evacuated to the subway by UBCS. We would have to secure some areas of the RPD and would see a bunch of references and files citing what happened to the other S.T.A.R.S.
Marvin and the other officers are trying to make the RPD safe again because more survivors keep coming, and after this little help, Marvis asks Jill and Brad to keep an eye on UBCS and the survivors;

*When they leave the RPD, they face Nemesis, and Brad understands that this was what Nemesis wanted from the beginning, to bring them together and kill them all at once. He saves Jill from certain death by sacrifices his own life. Brad asks her to make it worthwhile;

*Jill finds Carlos, he takes her to the subway, asks for help, she turns the power back on just like it was done in the remake, but Nemesis wil be after her the whole time, not just after she turns the power on;

*From then on, everything can be the same, Carlos goes to the police station to find the doctor without knowing that Jill has been there, sees Brad bite Marvin and so on.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Yeah - in Standard mode - the final Nemesis can't even hurt you. His attacks are so dodgeable and his time between attacks is like 5 seconds. I watched an Inferno Nemesis 4 play and you basically have to press dodge every 2-3 seconds while shooting at his weak spots. Insane how different that is.

Yea I've literally been stuck on final Nemmy on Nightmare for a couple days and I have a 10 minute window to get my S rank. I have enough ammo and enough heals but I just can't dodge him well enough and long enough to get the ray gun recharged. I have literally been rage quitting for 2 days before and after work so I've pretty much given up on getting the Platinum before tomorrow.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Yea I've literally been stuck on final Nemmy on Nightmare for a couple days and I have a 10 minute window to get my S rank. I have enough ammo and enough heals but I just can't dodge him well enough and long enough to get the ray gun recharged. I have literally been rage quitting for 2 days before and after work so I've pretty much given up on getting the Platinum before tomorrow.
Girl I would be reloading my saves instead of hitting continue. Save as much in game time as you can.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Girl I would be reloading my saves instead of hitting continue. Save as much in game time as you can.

No worries, I know that trick and take advantage. My issue was I wasted too much time early game looking for the shuffled gems which I ultimately didn't even find -_-

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
No worries, I know that trick and take advantage. My issue was I wasted too much time early game looking for the shuffled gems which I ultimately didn't even find -_-
There's one in the substation through the door that has the ladder you go up to find two of the generators. (It's to the right.) There's one in the alley with the shotgun shells and there's one in the... Pharmacy I think.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
There's one in the substation through the door that has the ladder you go up to find two of the generators. (It's to the right.) There's one in the alley with the shotgun shells and there's one in the... Pharmacy I think.
Thank you so much! Haha. I didn't want to look up a guide so I just cut my losses and progressed but I think I will probably end up restarting my Nightmare run. I had some great level clear times in the later half of the game (For example I think I cleared the hospital with Carlos in 15 mins which was better than I had done in any easier difficulty, somehow.) And I can get through NEST2 in about 10-15 mins pretty faithfully as well, so no doubt I could've saved myself a good half hour if I hadn't been searching so much in the first part of the game. But oh well. Live and learn as they say.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Thank you so much! Haha. I didn't want to look up a guide so I just cut my losses and progressed but I think I will probably end up restarting my Nightmare run. I had some great level clear times in the later half of the game (For example I think I cleared the hospital with Carlos in 15 mins which was better than I had done in any easier difficulty, somehow.) And I can get through NEST2 in about 10-15 mins pretty faithfully as well, so no doubt I could've saved myself a good half hour if I hadn't been searching so much in the first part of the game. But oh well. Live and learn as they say.
It's probably because you weren't expecting to have to go upstairs, jump out a window and go upstairs again, lol. I know my hospital time with Carlos got cut down a lot after my first run through! I feel like I spent so long trying to figure out where to go.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
It's probably because you weren't expecting to have to go upstairs, jump out a window and go upstairs again, lol. I know my hospital time with Carlos got cut down a lot after my first run through! I feel like I spent so long trying to figure out where to go.

I know I ended up cutting a lot of time over my play through in the hospital, later going into NEST2 and knowing where all the fuses are (that in itself went from probably a 20 minute thing to a 5 minute thing), definitely cut a lot of time turning the power on in the beginning. I am curious now how quick I can finish (or at least get back to final Nemmy) not needing to search so much for those gems and also having a better strategy for the sewers (the bit with the 2 hunters and the infected with the whipey bits lol) because that part took me a few tries to iron out in a way that I was satisfied.

D

Deleted member 21244

Turns out they are connecting Nemesis to Las Plagas after all. The NE-a parasite was just Umbrella's recreation of Las Plagas.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/202...ident-evil-resistance-in-new-update-live-now/

Wonder how, if at all, this will affect the RE4 REmake.
Interesting, so it was a sort of artificial recreation of Las plagas like @UniqTeas had supposed

Well this explain why the ne a parasite was never used again by terrorist or any other groups, cause they have the real one on the black market after 2004, but this also create a plot hole on how umbrella acquired the parasite if it was located under salazar castle and they only revived it sometime before re 4 making that whole mining, did umbrella magically teleported under the castle whitout digging and acquired the sample whitout salazar, saddle and everyone else noticing it?

Or Probably umbrella just know of the parasite and its characteristics and created it via laboratory whitout any sample of the Original plagas, but this look weird, it s like recreating a dinosaur whitout having any DNA sample or things to start whit, but just by using paper information

Also wesker never mentioned it in re 4 and was never mentioned by any of re 5 file, so this is a retcon but a welcome one actually... Who knows if they will develop it in a re 4 remake

Last edited by a moderator:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I was hoping they would make that connection. The groundwork was always there and it doesn't change that much in the lore. A welcome addition in my opinion.

I just wonder how that will effect the Ganados looks and feels in the RE4 Remake (RE4R - REm4ke). I hope they have some creative caps on as they develop the new game and add more ties to the RE lore. Maybe even a surprise guest or two who weren't in the original RE4? The possibilities are endless. The original RE4 was a Masterpiece in gameplay and pacing and level design. But they could add a lot more to the plain story. And make the game maybe like 20% less gaudy. haha

D

Deleted member 21244

I was hoping they would make that connection. The groundwork was always there and it doesn't change that much in the lore. A welcome addition in my opinion.

I just wonder how that will effect the Ganados looks and feels in the RE4 Remake (RE4R - REm4ke). I hope they have some creative caps on as they develop the new game and add more ties to the RE lore. Maybe even a surprise guest or two who weren't in the original RE4? The possibilities are endless. The original RE4 was a Masterpiece in gameplay and pacing and level design. But they could add a lot more to the plain story. And make the game maybe like 20% less gaudy. haha
I actually hope they didn't change anything beside the graphic... Re 4 story even if it was simple and disconnect from the series was perfect the way it was making re 4 also special for this...
Any other connection is just pure fan service in my opinion just like this connection between plagas and nemesis parasite, if the connection was always there they could have put it in re 4, or re 5 in some files, we have dozen of files talking about the parasite in those game but none of them ever mentioned the umbrella and nemesis parasite, not even re 5 story summary talked about it, not even ada or wesker say anything... So it's obvious they decided to retcon it now... Also its weird they decided to make this things explicit in a playststion blog for resistance that probably nobody will ever read, instead of putting a file in re 3 remake explaining that they were trying to recreate a parasites located in Spain

Also umbrella Europe worked on the parasite since 1980s, they were only working on that but nobody made the connection whit las plagas? Chris? Leon? Bsaa? People who studied virus, parasite and bioterrorism and umbrella ? Anyone?
Don't get me wrong i actually liked this new connection, but it actually came out of nowhere

I hope they just upgrade the graphic and control like they did whit halo remake and shadow of the colossus remake... If re 4 remake rumors are actually true of course

Last edited by a moderator:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think that the REmake lore is going to be separate from the canon in the original series. They have an opportunity to make even closer connections and establish a lot of new twists and I think they see that with the future of the series. I don't want them to go too crazy. But I think they can absolutely make small story changes that help the narrative!

Top Bottom