• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Spoiler talk (Spoilers inside, duh)

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I think the ending is great, I love Jill's epic voiceover when she talks about taking down Umbrella. However, its just a shame that the game didn't at least TRY to recreate the epic intro voiceover from the original with "It all began as an ordinary day in September...An ordinary day in Raccoon City...". For a game that is supposed to have Jill front and center I was surprised and disappointed to see that there was no such voiceover in the intro of this remake.

But I'll be damned if killing Nemesis by stuffing that giant lightning laser in his throat and saying, "Next time - Take the hint!" before absolutley destroying the monster and THEN walking through the remains of his bloated, charred corpse. There is so much greatness in this.
Didn't she say "Next time - Take the f***ing hint!" or is that just the Mandela effect spooking me? Haha Jill really cursed a lot in this game.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Lmao. I think you are right. I think she does say, "Next time - Take the ****ing hint!"

The dialogue (especially Jill's) is great in this game. It is dramatic and tough without being over the top cheesy. I mean, some of it is, but hey - it's Resident Evil. haha.

One thing I don't love about this game is the enemy compartmentalizing which is something that a lot of RE titles suffer from. I mean - we face the brain sucker/spider enemies in that one Power Station and then they're never heard from again. Hunter Gammas only appear in the sewers and then one delightfully appears later during the Power Fuse section of the Labs. Hunter Betas are relegated to the hospitals only. I mean, I get that they make sense to be conpartmentalized to one area. But it'd be nice to see a few more enemies in later points too.

Jonipoon

Here's a good video that explains almost exactly how I feel about this game. He speaks very fondly of the 1999 original and is mostly disappointed in the way the levels and especially streets of Raccoon City were handled in terms of exploration and backtracking for the remake. The only thing I disagree with him on are the puzzles, he criticizes the remake for lacking complex puzzles but the same can be said for the RE2 remake which he praises to the skies. Also what he says about less gore physics in zombies is something I couldn't care less about.

He also makes a lot of good points in regards to how many false promises Capcom made about this remake. While Capcom made it clear that Raccoon City wouldn't be open world, they did however say that the game would encourage plenty of exploration.. Also, Capcom promised that Nemesis would pursue the player in a much more intelligent way than Mr. X... Yeah right, because scripted chase scenes are so much more "intelligent".

But the fact is that what he says in the end is sadly true... If Capcom had just included the Clock tower, park, cemetery and expanded the length of the streets a bit, we would have actually gotten a very respectable remake of RE3. All of the other stuff like the cutscenes, character interactions and dialogue are top notch, so.... yeah, WTF happened Capcom?

D

Deleted member 21244

Currently playing nightmare mod whitout any infinite ammo or extra item ecc
This is how the game should have been on standard, this difficulty is exactly like the original, nemesis kill you in two hit and i hit him whit two grenade but he was still standing, while on hardcore he simply go down whit just one grenade making him look like a pussy

Checkpoint are also less frequent, enemy are rearranged and item are casual, just like the original

I suggest you people to try this difficulty whitout extra item ecc, it's amazing i can feel the original re 3 vibes whit this

Last edited by a moderator:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Jill is awesome in that last confrontation with Nemesis! Remember me joking about his rocket launcher possibly being an unlockable weapon for her, and how funny it would be to see her wield a gun that's bigger than her? Well... we didn't get exactly that, but close enough. Jill is the master of the FINGeR!

Turo602

The King of Kings
Question: Did they tie Nemesis to the plagas in RE4? There was a file from Dr. Bard where he was responding to someone from the European branch of Umbrella where Nemesis came from where he's discussing using parasites to control BOWs. It also seems like a potential tease to Code Veronica since Chris is in Europe investigating Umbrella.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Question: Did they tie Nemesis to the plagas in RE4? There was a file from Dr. Bard where he was responding to someone from the European branch of Umbrella where Nemesis came from where he's discussing using parasites to control BOWs. It also seems like a potential tease to Code Veronica since Chris is in Europe investigating Umbrella.

But it was always a parasite, I get that fans may have forgotten the little details of Nemesis creation through the years but he was always the product of the "NE-α parasites https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/NE-α_Type" being infused with a T-103 model which are the same model as Mr X, but its understandable how this theory has gained traction as of late due to new fans who may have never played the original games or old fans who simply may have forgotten given how long its been, I only remember due to being a HUGE RE3 and Nemesis fan that I'm constantly going back at least once every year to play the classic games.

Mr.R

I finished the game, but I'll write a detailed review later, in the other thread. I did had a lot of fun and I'm playing on hardcore now. I really like the game, despite not being faithful to the original's setpieces. There are things I didn't liked, but I still think the pros outshines the cons by a huge far (on my opinion, of course) and judging by its own game, I think it's on par with RE2 on how fun it is.

Anyway, there's one thing I found disappointed, that it was Capcom simply reused the same Magnum as RE2 (albeit with a different caliber, which...doesn't change anything). First, because they didn't reused the other weapons...the Shotgun (which is even the same model as the og RE3), Grenade Launcher, most handguns, Assault Rifle, it was all new in that engine, but the Magnum was the same. They even reused the same upgrade. Second because I don't know...the Desert Eagle always striked me more of a Leon gun (he uses in RE2, RE6, even in Vendetta, to fight the mutated Arias) and I missed Jill's revolver from the original. But obviously, this is a nitpick. However, I don't mind reusing assets or even some models, like the zombie ones. This is totally fine, but Magnuns are a rare thing and it always feel special when we finally find the Magnum in the game. It would be cooler if it was a different gun.

Jonipoon

But it was always a parasite, I get that fans may have forgotten the little details of Nemesis creation through the years but he was always the product of the "NE-α parasites https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/NE-α_Type" being infused with a T-103 model which are the same model as Mr X, but its understandable how this theory has gained traction as of late due to new fans who may have never played the original games or old fans who simply may have forgotten given how long its been, I only remember due to being a HUGE RE3 and Nemesis fan that I'm constantly going back at least once every year to play the classic games.
Thank you. One issue I have with the new design of Nemesis is that you can barely tell he's been fused with a parasite. He just looks like a huge Tyrant now, his characteristic purple tentacles that spring up around his neck are barely visible anymore. Instead he's been given this new weird gadget on his chest that makes him look more mechanical than biological.

D

Deleted member 21244

Thank you. One issue I have with the new design of Nemesis is that you can barely tell he's been fused with a parasite. He just looks like a huge Tyrant now, his characteristic purple tentacles that spring up around his neck are barely visible anymore. Instead he's been given this new weird gadget on his chest that makes him look more mechanical than biological.
Was me or that gadget was never actually explained? Was a gadget to protect his heart? Or the parasite was inside that gadget since when you put him down he begin to pump something to regenerate him

@Turo602, like @ToCool74 say that things about parasite and umbrella European branch where already in the original game, the remake file just make the connection whit re 4 more prominent by stating that parasite would be useful in the future
But nemesis is controlled by the NE parasite, a parasite that had nothing to do whit the plagas
The guy in the post credit scene it happear to be Chris, so the connection whit code veronica is there

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think the RE4 connection is pretty well established. We never saw the Parasite in the original game. However, in this game - the parasite comes out of Nemesis' chest similar to the one in El Gigante. I think they are trying to create a link between the two series for sure. I think they are retconning to say that the NE Parasite is related to Las Plagas.

D

Deleted member 21244

I think the RE4 connection is pretty well established. We never saw the Parasite in the original game. However, in this game - the parasite comes out of Nemesis' chest similar to the one in El Gigante. I think they are trying to create a link between the two series for sure. I think they are retconning to say that the NE Parasite is related to Las Plagas.
Actually in the original game we saw the parasite, it was the final boss, that thing in the end wasn't the tyrant but the parasite nemesis that came out of the tyrant nemesis body after she was defeated by Jill whit acid... The Plagas and thr NE parasite are actually two different parasite, the nemesis parasite was artificially created by umbrella while the plagas was an ancient parasite located underneath Salazar castle...

if they were the same parasite than it would be stupid for wesker to Send ada in resident evil 4 to retrieve the sample since he already have nemesis samples and combat data like he say in the wesker report, and he also have all umbrella file after he obtained it from umbrella chronicles, so they should retcon the whole re 4 plot and umbrella chronicles, and i seriously doubt they will

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Right - but I am saying they could have a story line where they wanted to reproduce the NE-Alpha Parasite to even greater heights and after discovering more of the same kinds of parasites (or similar) in RE4, Wesker wants to get a sample to create his perfect virus (ouroborous).

I don;t know if that is where they are going - but the Parasite that bursts our of Nemesis is eerily similar to the one in El Gigante. Umbrella did indeed artificially create the NE-Alpha parasite, but they had to start with something.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
So I was curious and wanted to post this in the spoiler thread just in case.

How many people have actually beaten this on Inferno? And better yet, who got the S rank?

Currently I'm at the police station with Carlos on Nightmare. So far it hasn't been too bad but I've been using the dodge a lot more and admittedly I've been using a lot of shop items. I know I need to get the last couple of coins before I do Inferno but I'm trying to get my Playing before Friday since it's a company holiday AND my FFVII preorder will be playable lol.

But yea, I was just curious. If you did get the S rank, do you have any tips/tricks? And what loadout did you use?

Also I can only seem to find one gem in the city.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld

How many people have actually beaten this on Inferno? And better yet, who got the S rank?

Currently I'm at the police station with Carlos on Nightmare. So far it hasn't been too bad but I've been using the dodge a lot more and admittedly I've been using a lot of shop items. I know I need to get the last couple of coins before I do Inferno but I'm trying to get my Playing before Friday since it's a company holiday AND my FFVII preorder will be playable lol.

But yea, I was just curious. If you did get the S rank, do you have any tips/tricks? And what loadout did you use?

I did it but I also did it with the rocket launcher so... Yeah, lol.

D

Deleted member 21244

I'm currently playing on inferno whit no shop item or else, just new game on inferno... I am at the sewer, most enemy kill me in one hit, but it's totally possible to get the s rank whitout any special item, but you must play alot in Inferno and master dodge ... S rank whit special item should be a joke especially if you use the rocket launcher who kill almost every enemy in one hit and the coin

Best tip is to use the rocket launcher, it's easy as hell

If you don't have it and you want to do s rank whitout special item than you must try alot, play and play again on inferno until you Lear evey enemy move and location, and you must understand when to use this 5 save.... It's really really hard

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have been trying to plan my Saves for Inferno Mode so that I can get that S rank.

Here is my current plan:

-Save before the Drain Deimos Power Station
-Save in Fire Building before Nemesis Fight 1
-Save in the burning Wreckage on the Subway before Nemesis Fight 2
-Save After Carlos in the Hospital
-Save After Nemesis Fight 3 in the Acid Pit

Does that make sense?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Yea, makes sense. Although I thought you could save as much as you want on these modes. Also, some typewriters are removed from the game on Inferno.

Jonipoon

Lol I'm getting tired of replaying that same horde sequence with Carlos in the hospital. I do it for the shop items but its so damn tiresome haha.

Top Bottom