• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

SHIPS!

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Thanks for acctually explaining it to me. I was confused with the nickname and had played the game a long time ago. XD

Yeah, there was a jumpscare on the island where a burning dude jumps out of an oven thing and looks like he's running to hug Leon. Everybody I've talked to refers to him as oven man. xD

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
I've been always wondering... Why do so many people ship Chris&Piers? I don't think either of them as gay or bi.

Ok I do make fun of Chris being probably gay for ignoring an awesome and sexy lady like Jill that long, but I don't seriously think he's interested in men at all.

I just wanted to know why so many people are obsessed with Chris&Piers...

wanderer

battle master
I've been always wondering... Why do so many people ship Chris&Piers? I don't think either of them as gay or bi.

Ok I do make fun of Chris being probably gay for ignoring an awesome and sexy lady like Jill that long, but I don't seriously think he's interested in men at all.

I just wanted to know why so many people are obsessed with Chris&Piers...

CAAPPTAAAIIIIN!

realistically 'shipping' is a fan thing. the company cares nothing for who dates/marries who, it is the fans that cares about fictional character relationships. so if shipping is a fan thing Chris + Piers was made up to satisfy whoever it is out there that wanted that to happen. if you and your weird shipping friends wanted to fantasize Frodo and Gollum getting hot and sweaty together, no one can stop what happens in your mind.

N7Valentine

CAAPPTAAAIIIIN!

realistically 'shipping' is a fan thing. the company cares nothing for who dates/marries who, it is the fans that cares about fictional character relationships. so if shipping is a fan thing Chris + Piers was made up to satisfy whoever it is out there that wanted that to happen. if you and your weird shipping friends wanted to fantasize Frodo and Gollum getting hot and sweaty together, no one can stop what happens in your mind.
I know, but I guess I don't get that whole Chris&Piers thing as a straight guy anyways.
I always thought of Chris&Jill being an item, but apparently that isn't the case, since every producer says something different about their relationship.

And LMAO at Frodo and Gollum ship.... I just can't breathe anymore... x'D

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Christmas Girl is just a nickname Hel has for Natalia, because of her outfit. :)

Not her outfit actually, but her name. Natalia sounds similar to the Italian word for Christmas (Natale).

Because hotness.
No, seriously, Piers is so obsessed with Chris that he could be either a young soldier looking up to his hero full of admiration, or a man who is madly in love with another man. It's noticeable that the only times Piers ever gets upset or otherwise emotional are when Chris is misbehaving, or when someone attacks Chris. Other situations that would leave a normal person shocked or distraught, like the death of a fellow soldier, don't seem to bother him as much as anything related to his captain, for whom he ends up sacrificing his life even though it wasn't absolutely certain that he would have succumbed to the virus.

Since the two of them would make a cute couple, I think it's a mixture of both the hero worship and being in love, and since I have thought of Chris as gay at least since RE5, I also think the affection is mutual. Needless to add, I'm a Nivanfield shipper myself, but I also ship Weskerfield, Shake and a few others, depending on my mood. It's not my main hobby, I write my own original novels with many characters and their relationships to take care of. But when it comes to RE, then yeah, Nivanfield is probably my number one ship.

N7Valentine

Because hotness.
No, seriously, Piers is so obsessed with Chris that he could be either a young soldier looking up to his hero full of admiration, or a man who is madly in love with another man. It's noticeable that the only times Piers ever gets upset or otherwise emotional are when Chris is misbehaving, or when someone attacks Chris. Other situations that would leave a normal person shocked or distraught, like the death of a fellow soldier, don't seem to bother him as much as anything related to his captain, for whom he ends up sacrificing his life even though it wasn't absolutely certain that he would have succumbed to the virus.

Since the two of them would make a cute couple, I think it's a mixture of both the hero worship and being in love, and since I have thought of Chris as gay at least since RE5, I also think the affection is mutual. Needless to add, I'm a Nivanfield shipper myself, but I also ship Weskerfield, Shake and a few others, depending on my mood. It's not my main hobby, I write my own original novels with many characters and their relationships to take care of. But when it comes to RE, then yeah, Nivanfield is probably my number one ship.
I see...

But I have to disagree, especially in RE5 Chris clearly acted like a love sick puppy around Jill. But since he became quite popular within the gay community, Capcom wants his sexual orientation to be ambiguous, I mean his unlockable outfits are clearly suggesting something, which Chris' target audience might be. That's what I think, at least. Also, every producer says something different about the whole Chris&Jill thing and it confuses me.

However, that's just my opinion and I may disagree, but I respect everyone's opinion. :)

I just wanted to know, because I don't get it at all. I guess it's a matter of how you interpret it.
But thanks for the insight.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'm glad that you think the way you do. Most (straight male) people I try to explain this to don't even listen, because they firmly believe a man can't be gay unless he's over the top effeminate, or that every fictional character must be straight by default unless confirmed otherwise by their creator. I say that as long as nothing is confirmed, everything is possible, and that's the case with Chris. He could be into Jill, he could be into Piers, or both, or none of them... No one knows. At this point it's all a matter of interpretation, as you said.

umbra aeterna

the odd thing is as much as I loves piers,I'm not a big Nivanfield shipper.Why? because I firmly believe that piers should be chris's successor in cannon. and I am ****ed it didn't happen.Captain Piers Nivan ftw .I guess he could be with chris,but it feels like it'll be temporary :( .chris deserves to be loved forever :) more of a valenfield shipper,and if I'm down for something thrown off and twisted ,weskerfield.Shake is my go to for a working relationship.I think cause I know some gay guys irl and know some of their stories,that's why I have this harsh belief that nivanfield would never last. chris and jill have staying power and ...wesker/anybody could have staying power only because I think wesker's disturbed ass won't let it go,or he could inspire people to obsess over him (see :psychopathic relationship).

Leon/Ada :)

but this is all fandom,so it's whatever.It's fun

N7Valentine

the odd thing is as much as I loves piers,I'm not a big Nivanfield shipper.Why? because I firmly believe that piers should be chris's successor in cannon. and I am ****ed it didn't happen.Captain Piers Nivan ftw .I guess he could be with chris,but it feels like it'll be temporary :( .chris deserves to be loved forever :) more of a valenfield shipper,and if I'm down for something thrown off and twisted ,weskerfield.Shake is my go to for a working relationship.I think cause I know some gay guys irl and know some of their stories,that's why I have this harsh belief that nivanfield would never last. chris and jill have staying power and ...wesker/anybody could have staying power only because I think wesker's disturbed ass won't let it go,or he could inspire people to obsess over him (see :psychopathic relationship).

Leon/Ada :)

but this is all fandom,so it's whatever.It's fun
Capcom is sure a c*ckblock when it comes to Jill&Chris. Not surprised Chris acts like a little princess with raging hormones at all. I say give this man his Jill, maybe it'll calm him down.

Also I think it would add something to his character development.

N7Valentine

But that's why everyone thinks Chris is gay, because he hasn't even winked at Jill for the past 20 years lol Jill probably gave up.
Nah. I don't think so in RE5 he was willing to let millions of people die for Jill... Remember the "Oh yeah, but...." line? I remember it, because it was one of those rare moments, where I liked Chris, although it was only only for a few minutes xD

But as I said the producers constantly change the relationship between those two. One says "Duh. They're more than friends, isn't that obvious?" and the other one says "Nope, they're just BFFs, sorry guys". At this point no one knows what kind of realtionship they have. So I blame the producers or story writers for that whole mess.

I thought I'd be a nice touch if Chris&Jill were more than just "Partners", but apparently Capcom doesn't want them to be happy. So they want Chris to be a generic, boring soldier type with no personality at all. That's one reason why I hate him since RE5. And RE6 made him even worse, almost unbearable to me. I may be a guy, but I don't mind a well written romance in games.

Or who knows maybe Chris is really into men...Everything's possible at this moment

As for Leon&Ada... at least they went a step further.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
So they want Chris to be a generic, boring soldier type with no personality at all.

Not to be rude, just out of curiosity: You keep saying that you hate Chris because he has no personality or character development, even though he actually has plenty of both in RE6, yet your favourite is Jill of all people, a character with the emotional range of a brick, no back-story or development to speak of, and no personality other than the default heroic traits. How is Chris a boring generic soldier, but not Jill?

N7Valentine

Not to be rude, just out of curiosity: You keep saying that you hate Chris because he has no personality or character development, even though he actually has plenty of both in RE6, yet your favourite is Jill of all people, a character with the emotional range of a brick, no back-story or development to speak of, and no personality other than the default heroic traits. How is Chris a boring generic soldier, but not Jill?
It's okay. Well I know I bash Chris a lot, but that comes from the fact that I hate the direction they went with him. He used to be my favorite in the past. In my opinion he could be replaced by any [insert G.I Joe military guy]. In RE6 his story made no sense, they just brought him back for the sake of having Chris in it, plus he acted like a douche, sorry to say that but my thoughts on him were "Get your hormones in balance, princess Redfield". Also recent games with him weren't that good. I don't know his new persona just doesn't work for me.

As for Jill. Well I respect and admire her, because she's been through more sh*t in her life than Chris, yet stayed strong. She survived the Mansion. She survived Raccoon City. She's been chased by a Nemesis and she's been infected with the T-Virus and survived it. Then she sacrificed her life for Chris, Wesker manipulated her and used her for his own purposes. Jill is a serious character yes, but in Revelations for example she wasn't deadly serious as Chris. She could joke and be somewhat sarcastic, even flirtatious. I think of Jill as an agent type character like Leon and not military like Chris. I guess I have a thing for strong female characters and that this may cloud my judgements. Who knows....

Actually, a lot of people say that both Chris and Jill have no personality at all. Besides, you can't love every character in a game, right?

That is just my opinion, yours may differ.

Ok I'll stop being serious now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom