• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shenmue 3?

dark_zero

ok i was bored 2 weeks ago and played an old xbox game shenmue 2 which i havent played in 5 yrs and yet at the end it says the story goes on. Well 2 yrs ago i found out that they were suppose to be making a shenmue 3 for 360 but its 2009 and now im hearing it wont even come out and its not intended for xbox genre. I was just wondering if anybody on this forum knew about shenmue 3 and the release date and also if its coming out for xbox 360 or not

Hoady

I found this a few months back.
http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/shenmue3_preview.shtml

Although this was 3 years ago when this article was made.The creator is aware people want the game but he is not sure if he wants to do it, but if it does go through he'll definately be the one directing it.It says that all the stories the character designs and among other things are done its just a matter of which console to port it too.

It mentions he wants to do it on the next gen consoles so for the time it was made i'm assuming its the xbox 360 or PS3 hes talking about.It looks 50/50 you should have a read yourself i read it too long ago to fully remember the details.

Edit:Just found a cool petition for shenmue 3.The creator has already looked at this one and taken it into account.Its in my sig its going to need all the help it can get!

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
ahhh shenmue, i love that game. got so addicted to shenmue 1, havent played it for years tho :( what a classic game.
as for S3, i cant see it being made anytime soon, its been gone for far too long really.
altho i would like to see a third, i hope they dont change too much about it.

aintnoscrub

Premium
its a role playing game, with alot of quick time event sequences.
you basically take control of this guy Ryo, if i remember, and its about his father getting killed by a warlord type, and its his story of revenge, and what he goes through.
in a way its set in real time, where you have a clock and night and day passes by, and you do have to sleep at night most of the time to keep your energy up.
i cant really explain it and make it sound good, you would have to youtube it.
its old now, released on the DC

Sephiroxas

[quote author=iHadeS link=topic=860.msg20898#msg20898 date=1233160080]
its a role playing game, with alot of quick time event sequences.
you basically take control of this guy Ryo, if i remember, and its about his father getting killed by a warlord type, and its his story of revenge, and what he goes through.
in a way its set in real time, where you have a clock and night and day passes by, and you do have to sleep at night most of the time to keep your energy up.
i cant really explain it and make it sound good, you would have to youtube it.
its old now, released on the DC
[/quote]

Sounds interesting. I'll have to take a look. :)

aintnoscrub

Premium
it is a really good game, if your into RP games, i would suggest trying to get hold of a copy if you got a DC or a working DC emu.

Hoady

I never played the DC i played shenmue 2 on xbox though it was easily one of the best games on it.Sadly its been 4 or 5 years ago since i played it i don't think shenmue 2 has backward compatibility on xbox 360 either.

aintnoscrub

Premium
if you like shenmue 2 , you would have loved 1, its better byfar.
although getting a copy now is a pain in the ass, games stores around here dont stock any used Dc games at all.

aintnoscrub

Premium
ya i have done, theres only a few PAL copies for me, and since i dont have a DC anymore, need to get hold of one of them..
think i'll just wait it out, till the chankast gets an update, ot another Dc emu comes out.

Hoady

[quote author=iHadeS link=topic=860.msg20978#msg20978 date=1233238909]
although getting a copy now is a pain in the ass, games stores around here dont stock any used Dc games at all.
[/quote]

Yeah man its impossible to even find gamecube games instore now, thinking to find dreamcast games would be beyond ridiculous.You can find oldies in those second hand stores where they just trade in anything, although the internet is definately the best way to go.

Surprised its not supported on an emulator.

aintnoscrub

Premium
i havent tried it on emu, last time i had a DC emu, it didnt work with very many games at all.
shame i really wanna play it again.

Top Bottom