• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shame thread.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Post in here when you've done something you shouldn't have and maybe it will help you out in the future. :D

Me: I've drink too much alcohol and will probably eat way too much tonight leading to a guilt trip tomorrow.

Anyway, everyone else feel free to contribute, maybe this will help stop our addictions, habits, or things we need to put an end to. ;)

Advice is welcomed too btw.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
me when i go to buffets i overeat way to much to the point where i get sick
also when i play video games i have the tendency to play hours apon end which only makes my migrains worse

personal fact of the day about me i get migrains everyday genetics suck :(

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
also when i play video games i have the tendency to play hours apon end which only makes my migrains worse

personal fact of the day about me i get migrains everyday genetics suck :(
I know how you feel. It happens to me as well espeically when I'm talking to people for 8 hours straight while playing.

There are 2 things that I am ashamed of. The first is that I tend to stay indoors most for most of my time, mostly in my bedroom, not talking to anyone, not going outside and fishing, riding ATVs, etc., etc. with my friends. The second is having the tendency, especially during summer vacation and weekends, staying up all night long and sleeping during the day and most of the evening.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I know how you feel. It happens to me as well espeically when I'm talking to people for 8 hours straight while playing.

There are 2 things that I am ashamed of. The first is that I tend to stay indoors most for most of my time, mostly in my bedroom, not talking to anyone, not going outside and fishing, riding ATVs, etc., etc. with my friends. The second is having the tendency, especially during summer vacation and weekends, staying up all night long and sleeping during the day and most of the evening.

I feel like were the same person... I shut myself in for weeks at a time avoiding my friends purposefully and not wanting any contact, nor wanting to go outside. I suppose it's depression and it sucks. I tend to have insomnia with these bouts too, it's unusual and has been happening a lot lately, especially with this Summer being so hot here and not wanting to step outside. Last time I went out with friends was fun though and I plan to again in a week or so. At least were not totally alone without internet.

I'm not sure how people were loners in the past, it must've been hard. A lot harder than it is now!

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I feel like were the same person... I shut myself in for weeks at a time avoiding my friends purposefully and not wanting any contact, nor wanting to go outside. I suppose it's depression and it sucks. I tend to have insomnia with these bouts too, it's unusual and has been happening a lot lately, especially with this Summer being so hot here and not wanting to step outside. Last time I went out with friends was fun though and I plan to again in a week or so. At least were not totally alone without internet.

I'm not sure how people were loners in the past, it must've been hard. A lot harder than it is now!
Thank goodness I am not the only one. I'm thinking the same way you are. I keep thinking that I have depression as well since I usually been having the lack of interest in just about everything. I also think I have insomnia as well since when I go to sleep sometimes, I keep waking up an hour or 2 later and it's very rarely that I sleep for 8 hours. It's became worse for me this year, waking up only minutes after going to sleep and I've been having constant nightmares this year.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Thank goodness I am not the only one. I'm thinking the same way you are. I keep thinking that I have depression as well since I usually been having the lack of interest in just about everything. I also think I have insomnia as well since when I go to sleep sometimes, I keep waking up an hour or 2 later and it's very rarely that I sleep for 8 hours. It's became worse for me this year, waking up only minutes after going to sleep and I've been having constant nightmares this year.

Yeah, my sleep pattern varies. I either don't sleep at all, or sleep as long as I want and don't want to wake up... sometimes wanting to avoid reality by dreaming. I'm glad to know I'm not alone either, but I'm sorry you have this problem. /:

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
i dont know if im the only one who has this problem but i have tried for years to remember and to act apon in my dreams ive tried everything but cant seem to lucid dream is there anyway to make it easier to dream

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Yeah, my sleep pattern varies. I either don't sleep at all, or sleep as long as I want and don't want to wake up... sometimes wanting to avoid reality by dreaming. I'm glad to know I'm not alone either, but I'm sorry you have this problem. /:
For some reason I have a better time sleeping whenever I have music on, I don't know why but it seems to keep me asleep and less nightmares.

i dont know if im the only one who has this problem but i have tried for years to remember and to act apon in my dreams ive tried everything but cant seem to lucid dream is there anyway to make it easier to dream
I don't think there is.

Anyway, another thing that I ashamed of is my constant tendency to put things off. Like when my dad told me to find his USB drive and I told him that I would look for it soon when it actually took me about a month or two before I started looking for it. Or when I had a project to do in class and I didn't work on it until the day before it was due.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium

I don't know, but I suspect that you, him and I are the same person.

But the way we are is so common that we shouldn't really need to be ashamed.

DeweySshi

I tend to cut myself when I am depressed with a blade or any other object like a ballpoint pen. I usually place the wound under hot water then pour alcohol on it...It swells, changes color to blue or green then hurt like crazy. Wish I could control my emotions but its always feels good to bleed in those moments...I need a doctor I know but I am ashamed to tell my story directly with somebody.

L

Lurker
Whenever I get depressed, I find things to be depressed about further. I'm not sure if I want people to notice me or if it's just me being an idiot.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I tend to cut myself when I am depressed with a blade or any other object like a ballpoint pen. I usually place the wound under hot water then pour alcohol on it...It swells, changes color to blue or green then hurt like crazy. Wish I could control my emotions but its always feels good to bleed in those moments...I need a doctor I know but I am ashamed to tell my story directly with somebody.

You shouldn't be ashamed to tell a Doctor this, it would probably be important you did. They can give you medication that will help you out, my friend was a cutter and I ignored her until she ended up in the hospital, then the psych ward. I felt so bad afterwards, she really needed help. I'd definitely suggest you find some help before it gets worse because cutting is a serious addiction.

DeweySshi

You shouldn't be ashamed to tell a Doctor this, it would probably be important you did. They can give you medication that will help you out, my friend was a cutter and I ignored her until she ended up in the hospital, then the psych ward. I felt so bad afterwards, she really needed help. I'd definitely suggest you find some help before it gets worse because cutting is a serious addiction.
Guess you are right...I don't want to end up in psych ward. It will take some time for me to open up but I shall remember your words and try to talk to a doctor. I don't want to be called crazy...hope the doctor understands that. Thanks for the advice... :)
Hope your friend is fine now...

Hoady

In terms of substance, smoking because i'm rarely in control of my addiction. I could go hours during certain occasions without one, but some appear very special to me, like during a work break or with a drink. Those are the moments that make me question my decision to stop. It seems like if i had them on me, or know i'm not going to stop forever, then it is much easier. But i can't imagine the rest of my life without them.

Sometimes around certain people i can get socially anxious. Not know what to say or do so i kind of force myself to keep up and i know its a facade. If i let it drag to deep, i suddenly i feel like i am 5 years old again.Its just a matter of preperation and choice and will not always happen. I see the way i act upon every thought is a choice now. It is so important to know that and then realize you are not entirely controlled by your mind, you create your reality by the thinking you choose to play in. So we have to question our thinking, unlearn things and switch the tables.

Anyway that feeling i get in social occasions, is definitely rooted in a deeper shame which i don't fully understand but i know it will not last forever. It serves me no purpose so i don't plan on it staying.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
This kid threatend me and talked crap about my family
Soo....i snapped his neck
....He was still alive...
Just really hurt...

Top Bottom