• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Save rooms in Resident Evil 6

Jwells

Anyone know if the' traditional save rooms with the soothing music will be returning in Resi 6 ?

The save rooms always felt safe where you could take a breather. And i kinda miss them, i miss the music... I miss the typewriter !!!

Should capcom bring them back, or do you prefer auto-saves/checkpoints over save rooms ?

I can listen to this all day :D

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
I always preferred the save rooms, but alas i'm sure as much as everyone else around here, the safe rooms won't be coming back, minus the kinds of safe areas there were in RE4.

Aleck

Biohazard
I love the save rooms. My friends and I always contemplated stopping there and just pausing the game until further notice. The save rooms were so relaxing. Maybe they should return. it gives you a chance to reflect on the story and everything that's going on so far. Ofcourse the best save room music was Resident Evil 2, hands down.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Who's to say it won't be in there? Has anyone seen RE6's save system? If Capcom really going all out for RE6 they should bring back the traditional typerwriter save system. Its the little things that count. I'd say Code Veronica, RE2, and RE0 have the best save themes.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Even though Re5 didn't have a save room or typewriter it had a very calming effect on the players if they don't have save rooms at least give us the music when we beat a chapter

ToCool74

Veteran Member
i loved the original resident evil save rooms.
such a peaceful place to go after you've almost had your head torn off..

I agree.

The safe haven themes of old where just so good and fitting for the situation.

After going through a biohazerd outbreak and having to battle hordes of monsters its nice to find a little safe haven to take a breather with nice soothing music.

My favorite was RE0.

But alas, I'm pretty sure this will not be returning for RE6.

Of course, nothing is confirmed right now, but given what I have seen from RE6 it would seem that most of their inspiration is coming from the RE4 and RE5 entries which means that its likely to just have only a typewriter for saving your game rather than a "safe haven" like the old game complete with music.

Popo

I hope they bring save rooms back, I used them as a safe place where I could think about what I was going to do next xD

JMG29

To Let The World Be
Code: Veronica's was my favorite save theme.
Until now... why does the save room music sound different in the PSN version of RE1? The one in the video sounds amazing.

I hope they make a comeback in RE6. And maybe a "Hardcore/Old School Mode" with Ink Ribbons, but I know that's even less likely, especially for Chris' scenario.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Code: Veronica's was my favorite save theme.
Until now... why does the save room music sound different in the PSN version of RE1? The one in the video sounds amazing.

I hope they make a comeback in RE6. And maybe a "Hardcore/Old School Mode" with Ink Ribbons, but I know that's even less likely, especially for Chris' scenario.
Isn't the PSN version Directors Cut ONLY...Isn't the music different in DC from the original RE1...

Doddledandy

In support of Albert Wesker.
Anyone know if the' traditional save rooms with the soothing music will be returning in Resi 6 ?

The save rooms always felt safe where you could take a breather. And i kinda miss them, i miss the music... I miss the typewriter !!!

Should capcom bring them back, or do you prefer auto-saves/checkpoints over save rooms ?

I can listen to this all day :D

This is extremely nostalgic for me. The save rooms always provided a nice calm break from the action. I remember sometimes I would pause the game and take naps with these scores playing in the background. RE2 was the most relaxing to me, though RE3 was quite pleasant as well. Ah well, they're all good!

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
it would be pretty awesome if as someone already said they added a old school play mode where save rooms or save locations with ink ribbons played a part in the game..
obviously it wouldn't fit in very well into the re6 world, but it would be nice to see them make a return.

Hoady

Love the Safe Havens, so nice knowing no one is going to get you.To get slightly off topic,why Silent Hill 4 scared me so much was because what you think is your safe haven doesn't become safe anymore. For Resident Evil, whether you find it scary or not, its still well away from all the monsters and you do truly feel safe.Music probably wouldn't fit the tone of game but i would love it either way.

Jack Black

Sorry guys that I revive this old thread, I stumpled upon this forum via google. Being a hopeless RE save room nostalgic as well, I would like to hint you at this video I found. Apparently a save room theme was planned and composed for RE6, remaining unused though after all. I sounds pretty oldschool :)

/watch?v=FX_bWwpBbWA (youtube)

Aleck

Biohazard
Sorry guys that I revive this old thread, I stumpled upon this forum via google. Being a hopeless RE save room nostalgic as well, I would like to hint you at this video I found. Apparently a save room theme was planned and composed for RE6, remaining unused though after all. I sounds pretty oldschool :)

Thanks for sharing this. It is pretty awesome and definitely gives me nostalgic vibes of a classic Resident Evil game such as REmake (1), 2, Nemesis and Code Veronica. I wish they would've kept this. I realize the games have become more about action and are subsequently designed to have a faster pace, but I wouldn't have minded them keeping the save room feature. It would have given it more distinction as an RE title I think. I have terrible memory lately and don't know if Revelations had the typewriter/save room in it. Revelations felt more classic RE to me. I don't normally complain about the progression from horror to action in the games, but I have to say that I didn't enjoy Chris's campaign all that much. I know this is minor, but had this been implemented into his campaign, the whole story wouldn't have felt so alien to me. For a second there I thought I was playing Call of Duty, which I'm not a huge fan of by the way. :oops:

The save room feature with this theme in Leon's campaign would have been gravy for me. I loved it, especially the nostalgic RE2 music between Leon and Ada towards the end, it brought me back to the RE glory days. Well anyway, thanks alot. :cool:

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES

Dude, thanks for that. It's pretty damn nostalgic and takes me back :,)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I couldn't care less about those save rooms. Such a feature is nice in horror games because it adds to the tension and atmosphere, so it was okay from RE1 to Code Veronica. But the newer RE titles just aren't horror games anymore, so it would be rather annoying. If I don't get to choose when or where to save, I want fair automatic checkpoints at least.
The stupid item limitation is yet another issue I don't want back. During my recent Remake playthrough with Jill, when I went for the second piece of the musical score in the small room next to the Yawning Attic (if you take my meaning), I had to travel all the way back to get the lighter out of a crate because I had forgotten that you need to light the candle first. This wasn't an issue on my earlier playthrough with Chris, because he always has the lighter in his inventory, so I didn't remember it.
All in all: Nice theme, but there's really no need for save rooms anymore.

Top Bottom