• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Rumour: Resident Evil 7 to be announced at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
It might just be a RE spin off, it's far too soon to reveal RE7, especially after the RE6 s**tstorm.

Plus there was the Dino Crisis reboot rumor, Shinji Mikami better start planning a replacement for that too lol.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I don't know how reliable that site is... but I myself am hoping for an E3 reveal. I don't think it's too soon, the game could still release sometime next year and I'm sure Capcom has had plans for a next-gen Resident Evil game during development of RE6. So it's only a matter of time, especially if this is going to be a much smaller scaled game than 6.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I thought that Capcom was trying to reduce the time it takes for new RE games to come out to two and a half years between main titles (correct me if I'm wrong). If that's true I reckon that a reveal at E3 would be very possible. The sales prediction sounds about right too. It may not be RE7, but I really hope it is, it's about time we had some news on it.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Well I decided to check out the RE7 E3 reveal and it came from the Metro website.

Which is pretty damn reliable. What they said on RE6 was true and was in the game. so I guess E3 might be a RE7 reveal.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Seen this posted on fb saying "7 days E3 2014"

10339956_783218295022551_5414709383442814716_n.jpg

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Seen this posted on fb saying "7 days E3 2014"

10339956_783218295022551_5414709383442814716_n.jpg
Source me up, bro. Love me some pre-E3 rumours. It's there's any credibility behind it, I'll get it front-paged and credit you. <3

huzhouse

I really hope it is a Resident Evil reveal! I really hope that Barry is one of the main characters! He's always been my fave and I would love to play as him in the main game and actually get an update on him haha this is my fave series of all time and I've been playing them since I was a kid when the first one came out.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
That was posted by Ganewo on Facebook. But they seem to be doing a countdown for E3 so I'm not sure it has anything to do with Resi. Although they do have Capcom and Resi tagged...

huzhouse

My only issue with that 7 is that it's awfully close the Resident Evil 6 logo. I'm very leary about logos unless released by Cap com or Sony.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
...Eh...I don't want Barry as a main character...He's too old. Just give him a cameo role as a BSAA Drill Instructor. He's retired from the series. They need to SLOWLY but SURELY retire characters. Characters that are already retired (Barry, Billy, Rebecca, and Claire) need to stay that way.

Anyway, this is all still rumor, and I'm finding it very hard to believe they'd release RE7 so close to RE6...

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
...Eh...I don't want Barry as a main character...He's too old. Just give him a cameo role as a BSAA Drill Instructor. He's retired from the series. They need to SLOWLY but SURELY retire characters. Characters that are already retired (Barry, Billy, Rebecca, and Claire) need to stay that way.

Anyway, this is all still rumor, and I'm finding it very hard to believe they'd release RE7 so close to RE6...
Just for the sake of discussion; Joel in "The Last of Us" is roughly the age Barry would be in the current RE timeline, and was decidedly not too old. Unlike Joel, however, Barry has decades of military and law enforcement training under his belt on top of experience with bio-terrorism and wonky disease outbreaks. Add to that the fact that pretty much everybody in the RE universe is some form of badass by default...

Anyway, I can definitely agree with you on Billy and, to a point, Claire, but I think characters like Barry and Rebecca deserve more than off-screen, unspoken retirement.

[EDIT] Also, as for the close release time-frame, I feel like I read an interview with someone at Capcom fairly recently were they said they were wanting to make Resident Evil a bi-annual series. I'll have to look around to see if I can find it...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Just for the sake of discussion; Joel in "The Last of Us" is roughly the age Barry would be in the current RE timeline, and was decidedly not too old. Unlike Joel, however, Barry has decades of military and law enforcement training under his belt on top of experience with bio-terrorism and wonky disease outbreaks. Add to that the fact that pretty much everybody in the RE universe is some form of badass by default...

Anyway, I can definitely agree with you on Billy and, to a point, Claire, but I think characters like Barry and Rebecca deserve more than off-screen, unspoken retirement.

[EDIT] Also, as for the close release time-frame, I feel like I read an interview with someone at Capcom fairly recently were they said they were wanting to make Resident Evil a bi-annual series. I'll have to look around to see if I can find it...
But (and correct me if I'm wrong) Joel in that last of us, isn't part of any military organization and is fighting purely for his survival in that world. Barry, on the other hand, would actually (More than Likely) BE a BSAA agent, and no military outfit that organized would allow someone of his age on the Frontlines. He'd be the guy TRAINING those who are going into the front lines, and that would be a great role for Barry. non playable, but mentioned, and even possibly seen in a Cutscene of two.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Yeah, Barry is approaching 60, and I've never seen a 60-year-old soldier in the field. I've seen gods and giants that were several hundreds of years old in the battle of Ragnarök, but... that's another story.

Barry never was a playable character to begin with, so he doesn't necessarily need to become one now, but if he does, a spin-off might be the best solution. Numbered titles are usually set around the time they are released, but a spin-off might as well be set in the past. It would be a way to give Barry fans what they want without creating the unrealistic situation of him beating up zombies with his walking stick while getting green herbs stuck between his false teeth.

Turo602

The King of Kings
The logo is bogus, it's been in a lot of fan posters for Resident Evil 7 for a while now.

Who said those characters were retired? Capcom surely hasn't.

How does an E3 announcement mean it's getting released tomorrow? It's just an announcement, the thing could be announced at this E3 and still take a year or two to release. Not that it has to be at E3 at all, as you said, it's just rumor.

Anyway, if not Resident Evil 7, I'd love for them to announce something for the Wii U. It's about time the Wii U gets some exclusive Resident Evil action.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The logo is bogus, it's been in a lot of fan posters for Resident Evil 7 for a while now.

Who said those characters were retired? Capcom surely hasn't.

How does an E3 announcement mean it's getting released tomorrow? It's just an announcement, the thing could be announced at this E3 and still take a year or two to release. Not that it has to be at E3 at all, as you said, it's just rumor.

Anyway, if not Resident Evil 7, I'd love for them to announce something for the Wii U. It's about time the Wii U gets some exclusive Resident Evil action.
Retired - withdraw to or from a particular place. In this case, the place being the game/story. Who says you have to be PERMANENTLY Retired. People come out of retirement all the time. So by technicality, Yes, they are retired....

That said, I agree...Some WiiU announcements would be fantastic...

Turo602

The King of Kings
Retired - withdraw to or from a particular place. In this case, the place being the game/story. Who says you have to be PERMANENTLY Retired. People come out of retirement all the time. So by technicality, Yes, they are retired....

No one other than Albert Wesker has been said or shown to be "retired" from the story. You are no one to say those characters have been removed from a story that hasn't been finished or even completely explored. That's like saying because Chris wasn't in RE4 that his character was retired from the story and then brought back from retirement in RE5...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
No one other than Albert Wesker has been said or shown to be "retired" from the story. You are no one to say those characters have been removed from a story that hasn't been finished or even completely explored. That's like saying because Chris wasn't in RE4 that his character was retired from the story and then brought back from retirement in RE5...
Resident Evil takes place in Real time, so if it's been that many years for certain characters, it's safe to say that at LEAST for the time being, they have been retired...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom