• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Rumour: Resident Evil 7 Storyline leaked

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The Wii U has been out for a while now and is still doing poorly. The Xbox One is outperforming the Wii U. They've already sold 5 million in less time. As of December, the Wii U hasn't even reached 5 million. I also don't get where you're getting the idea that they've considered porting Resident Evil 5 to the Wii when they have denied the rumors, and even downright said that the Wii or PS2 couldn't handle the title screen. Resident Evil games, love or hate em have always been top notch. There's no way they're wasting resources on a lesser version for a struggling console, unless the game isn't taking advantage of the current systems and all look and perform the same all across the board. Though, I don't see that happening.
The XBox One is still sitting at that 5 million unit mark though, as opposed to the Wii U having sold over 6 million units, and PS4 reigns supreme at over 7 million units. As far as an RE5 port, they scrapped the idea, however, if you search this site enough, years ago I posted a thread with official Capcom sources saying they were thinking about doing so. I really don't wanna go through the hassle of finding them again, so if you can find that thread in the RE5 section, you may get your answer. And you're right, RE fans have always been top notch. That's why RE4, RE0, and REmake were Gamecube exclusives, even though the XBox had a better Graphics processor than the GC or PS2. The Gamecube game in SECOND in that department.

At the end of the day, I'm not saying it WILL be on Wii U. Odds are it won't, however, of EVERYTHING in this "Rumor" that's definitely not the one to knit pick at is all I'm getting at.

Turo602

The King of Kings
The XBox One is still sitting at that 5 million unit mark though, as opposed to the Wii U having sold over 6 million units, and PS4 reigns supreme at over 7 million units.

Yeah, and how long did that take? I can guarantee that the Xbox One will sell more than the Wii U ever will.

As far as an RE5 port, they scrapped the idea, however, if you search this site enough, years ago I posted a thread with official Capcom sources saying they were thinking about doing so. I really don't wanna go through the hassle of finding them again, so if you can find that thread in the RE5 section, you may get your answer.

I've searched it and I've yet to see anything other than a Sega employee hinting at it, which was later proven to be false by Capcom. They've even made statement of how much weaker the system was while still reassuring us that Resident Evil will still appear on Nintendo consoles, which they have since Resident Evil 5's release with Darkside Chronicles, ports of REmake and Zero, Mercenaries 3D, and Resident Evil: Revelations. There's no doubt that Capcom still supports Nintendo, but where's Resident Evil 5 and 6? Nintendo seems to be getting the side projects, which usually revolve around the system's capabilities, much like how the main entries are made with the other two consoles in mind.

And you're right, RE fans have always been top notch. That's why RE4, RE0, and REmake were Gamecube exclusives, even though the XBox had a better Graphics processor than the GC or PS2. The Gamecube game in SECOND in that department.

lol, um what? The Resident Evil fanbase is just as bad as any other fanbase. Just look at us, we have people talking about streamlining hounds, Jake Muller fans, and so on. XD Yes, and like I said, they're money grubbing whores who go to the top bidder. Nintendo had a deal with them and Capcom learned the hard way when those games flopped. That's why as soon as the deal was done, they quickly ported Resident Evil 4 to the PS2.

At the end of the day, I'm not saying it WILL be on Wii U. Odds are it won't, however, of EVERYTHING in this "Rumor" that's definitely not the one to knit pick at is all I'm getting at.

Yeah, I agree. It's more likely for RE7 to be on Wii U than these "rumors" being true.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Is it just me, or does it seem that every RE game after the 4th has been hyped as 'going back to its roots'?
In a way they have gone back to their roots. Slowly but surely. I mean, RE5 did story wise. And RE6 was getting on the right track with Leon's gameplay. It's a slow process, but it's getting there.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
In a way they have gone back to their roots. Slowly but surely. I mean, RE5 did story wise. And RE6 was getting on the right track with Leon's gameplay. It's a slow process, but it's getting there.

True. I think when Capcom say Resi is going back to it's roots they are talking more about the characters and storyline, not so much the gameplay. If they would just focus on the zombies and the survival aspect instead of dudes turning into dinosaurs and like a bazillion weapons with ammo littered everywhere, they might actually make a decent game.

letmelive311

I definitely think Capcom is testing the waters with these ideas in the newest games seeing how they will approach going "back to their roots". How else will they knows what is successful or not y releasing a game than seeing what the fans say? I think they will get closer and closer to what we want. My question is, if the rumors are true, are we going back in time during the mansion incident? Or is there another mansion? What i consider "going back to RE roots" is basic zombie killing game play and lots and lots of traditional zombies, not so many hybrid monsters, solving puzzles, and umbrella evil.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Official sources are required for me to even me to consider this as plausible scenario for the game.

Heck, resident evil "1.5" and "3.5" should be enough inclination for us to wait until Capcom releases official news regarding the game. Nothing is official until they say it is, meaning they can still give the game an overhaul if they deem it necessary (as they've done so before).

Until we are directly informed from Capcom, I take rumors/speculation with a grain of salt.

Although, playing into the idea if this was what the game is going to be based around, I really like the concept that the players start off initially playing a solo story, where advancing through the story leads to the characters grouping up. I know its been done before where characters eventually meet-up and team up, with examples being the intro to Zero, Resident Evil 2 Claire/Sherry and some of outbreaks scenarios (instead of all 4 players spawning together, for instance in the raccoon police department, you all spawn in different locations throughout the police station and are required to find each other). It hasn't been done to this extent though. I am interested to see how this concept would play out.
It's important to remember that Capcom likes to make very extensive prototypes for RE games. Hell, RE4 alone had a number of prototypes, one that became Devil May Cry, one with Leon on a mission to save Sherry from a European Umbrella facility, Resident Evil 3.5 (The one with Hookman), and then the final version. And on top of that, the GameCube Preview Disc that came with pre-orders included a playable demo with quite a number of differences from the final version.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
one with Leon on a mission to save Sherry from a European Umbrella facility,

Aw, really? Never heard of that. Damn! Is it just me or do those "prototype" versions always sound better than the games they actually release? Thinking about what RE5 could have been almost makes me cry...

Turo602

The King of Kings
Aw, really? Never heard of that. Damn! Is it just me or do those "prototype" versions always sound better than the games they actually release? Thinking about what RE5 could have been almost makes me cry...

It's crazy because Chris and Claire had a role in that version of the game because it revolved around ending Umbrella, so it's like it would have been the direct sequel to Code Veronica. I think it was even meant to end the series because of the poor sales of previous entries, but... we ended up getting the version we did and the series got to live another day. What's really crazy is how much of the beta for 4 actually ended up making its way to RE5. If you watch the Fog trailer for RE4, it's clearly what we know now as Uroboros. It's the same exact thing, minus the black fog. It also ended up being about the origins of the progenitor virus, so you know what? I feel kind of cheated here... Couldn't we have just gotten that version instead? Capcom was going that route anyway with the very next game, so why couldn't they start their own **** on 5 like they eventually did with 6? They should have just let Shinji end the story with 4, instead of the Saddler crap we ended up getting.

What's even crazier is how much The Evil Within looks like it's going to be the Resident Evil 4 we never got. So in the end, we really are getting that game after all... minus the charm of being Resident Evil.

Last edited:

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
It's crazy because Chris and Claire had a role in that version of the game because it revolved around ending Umbrella, so it's like it would have been the direct sequel to Code Veronica. I think it was even meant to end the series because of the poor sales of previous entries, but... we ended up getting the version we did and the series got to live another day. What's really crazy is how much of the beta for 4 actually ended up making its way to RE5. If you watch the Fog trailer for RE4, it's clearly what we know now as Uroboros. It's the same exact thing, minus the black fog. It also ended up being about the origins of the progenitor virus, so you know what? I feel kind of cheated here... Couldn't we have just gotten that version instead? Capcom was going that route anyway with the very next game, so why couldn't they start their own **** on 5 like they eventually did with 6? They should have just let Shinji end the story with 4, instead of the Saddler crap we ended up getting.

What's even crazier is how much The Evil Within looks like it's going to be the Resident Evil 4 we never got. So in the end, we really are getting that game after all... minus the charm of being Resident Evil.
- ive had the evil within paid off since last November ...I cant freaking wait !!! Its the only game coming out in 2014 iM excited for

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
well.... who knows hopefully theyll announce a few more games this year at E3 this week

Top Bottom