• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (2021)

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I'll hold my breath. Game-accurate locations don't really tell us anything about the script nor how things will look once the movie's done.

Example: At first, the attention to detail and respect for the franchise looked very promising for Star Wars: The Force Awakens as well. But then the movie came out...

D

Deleted member 21244

I'll hold my breath. Game-accurate locations don't really tell us anything about the script nor how things will look once the movie's done.

Example: At first, the attention to detail and respect for the franchise looked very promising for Star Wars: The Force Awakens as well. But then the movie came out...
Just because force awakens didn't match expectations dosent mean every other movie will turn bad
Just be more optimistic

Mr.R

Donal Logue is the first casting choice of this movie that I can look and say: "Okay...this can work". Maybe Kaya Scodelario too. Maybe.

I don't know much about Chad Rook, but I don't think it'll matter much. In a movie that condenses RE1 and RE2 together, I don't think Richard will be having much screentime anyway.

As for Gao...her role isn't confirmed yet. IGN and Deadline (among others) only reported she was casting into a "support role". Ada is a safe bet but...with casting these days, I wouldn't be surprised if they cast her as Rebecca or something. I looked into her and I didn't find much. IMDB has some roles, but most seems to be minor roles, her Twitter account isn't verified and she doesn't have an Wikipedia page. So I'm not sure how good her acting is.

Jonipoon

Just because force awakens didn't match expectations dosent mean every other movie will turn bad
Just be more optimistic
If you get overly excited for something there's a good chance that you'll end up disappointed, which is precisely what happend to me with The Force Awakens. Ever since then, I've learned my lesson when it comes any film, game or book franchise. With lowered expectations, I win in every situation. If this RE movie actually turns out great, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If it turns out to be trash, I won't end up disappointed.

That being said, this doesn't mean that I'm not impressed by the game-accurate locations, because I most definitely am. But building up hype simply over this would be a mistake. Even if the eventual trailer turns out great, it wont be a representation of the final product. There have been many awesome trailers for ****ty movies throughout the years.

I'd actually argue that my mindset is the more healthy one.

Rain611

You can't kill me.

I agreed until this lol.

Not saying you're wrong, I just personally think that when it comes to life in general, it is good to go into situations with a positive attitude and not assuming the worse. I've lived my life both ways over the years and I've been a far happier person by being positive and approaching things with an open mind. I know that video game movies have a knack for being bad, but I am happy because they are showing far more effort to be faithful to the source material this time, which is a very good thing.

To each their own.

Jonipoon

I agreed until this lol.

Not saying you're wrong, I just personally think that when it comes to life in general, it is good to go into situations with a positive attitude and not assuming the worse. I've lived my life both ways over the years and I've been a far happier person by being positive and approaching things with an open mind. I know that video game movies have a knack for being bad, but I am happy because they are showing far more effort to be faithful to the source material this time, which is a very good thing.

To each their own.
I believe there's a big difference between approaching your own life with a positive mindset contra some video game that isn't directly affecting yourself. Even though Resident Evil is part of my life its not nearly as important as my family, work or friends. I suppose that was what you meant?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I believe there's a big difference between approaching your own life with a positive mindset contra some video game that isn't directly affecting yourself. Even though Resident Evil is part of my life its not nearly as important as my family, work or friends. I suppose that was what you meant?

Basically.

But I also think that since it's just a movie or just a game that isn't affecting your life there's no reason to feel strongly either way because in the grand scheme of things, who cares?

D

Deleted member 21244

If you get overly excited for something there's a good chance that you'll end up disappointed, which is precisely what happend to me with The Force Awakens. Ever since then, I've learned my lesson when it comes any film, game or book franchise. With lowered expectations, I win in every situation. If this RE movie actually turns out great, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If it turns out to be trash, I won't end up disappointed.

That being said, this doesn't mean that I'm not impressed by the game-accurate locations, because I most definitely am. But building up hype simply over this would be a mistake. Even if the eventual trailer turns out great, it wont be a representation of the final product. There have been many awesome trailers for ****ty movies throughout the years.

Can't agree more, especially on building high hype on something that later will turn bad, and amazing trailer for bad movies, but what i meant is to just be more optimistic

If the movie, game ecc turn out out bad life s goes on anyway

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Unpopular Opinion - I like The Force Awakens. I mean, I didn't love it. But it was way better than the Prequel Trilogy which had the worst pacing in a major blockbuster I have ever seen. The Phantom Menace has okay pacing, but the other two have major issues with it. Attack of the Clones is the worst Star Wars movie by a long shot. Revenge of the Sith is rushed so hard until the end... which is really satisfying. But man, they could've really used another hour of film in there to add to the story.

But in general, I like most things I watch - so these screenshots do get me excited!

D

Deleted member 21244

Unpopular Opinion - I like The Force Awakens. I mean, I didn't love it. But it was way better than the Prequel Trilogy which had the worst pacing in a major blockbuster I have ever seen. The Phantom Menace has okay pacing, but the other two have major issues with it. Attack of the Clones is the worst Star Wars movie by a long shot. Revenge of the Sith is rushed so hard until the end... which is really satisfying. But man, they could've really used another hour of film in there to add to the story.

But in general, I like most things I watch - so these screenshots do get me excited!
Despite the fact that i loved the prequel trilogy, i think they are all Good movie, i agree on force awakes and i also liked the last jedi too despite some things , the only one that was bad was rise of skywalker who not only ruined the whole sequel trilogy rendering force awaken and last jedi useless, but ruined the entire star wars saga.. Personally i only regard the first 6 movie as canon thank to rise

A bit off topic: i don't understand what people where expecting whit the force awakens, i knew right from the start what kind of movie it was going to be a copy of other star wars movie, and I i figure this out as soon as jj abrahams was put on board as director and writer, because this is what jj abrahams does, copying or take inspiration from other movies, Infact he never actually made a movie of his own but just sequel of other movies that where also copying other movies, maybe the only actual movie he made that was not a sequel was super 8 but even that was inspired by Spielberg movies, especially ET...
Jj abrahams didn't actually have his own mark, he js uncapable of innovating , he is a nostalgic director and his specialty his trying to give moviea that nostalgic feeling and add some strange mistery around it, but that's it, he can make good nostalgic movie but nothing you never seen before... That's why rise of skywalker was trash, to much nostalgic ****, but this time he missed the mark completely, making one of the worst movie ever made in history

Last edited by a moderator:

Bran

Independent Film Director
Not a fan of the title, but so far the production design and inspirations pique my fascination. Really hoping this is a good movie. A good HORROR movie.

Ark2000

Title sounds more like it's for some spin off or DLC of the games, but based on everything i know about it so far, i still have high hopes for the film. What interests me the most is to see how the hell they will mix the stories of RE 1 and 2 in one film. Roberts did said this;

"I’m a huge John Carpenter fan and I really took to that. The way he tells these claustrophobic siege movies and I took movies like Assault on Precinct 13 and The Fog and these disparate group of characters coming together under siege, and I took that as my filmic inspiration. We have two very separate locations but we split people off into their worlds. One is more of a siege movie style with the police station, and then you have the mansion which is creepy as f*ck."

Top Bottom