• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Resident evil VILLAGE leak, trailer ecc

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

Hardware

Yeah...and that's why Clover Studios was as short-lived as it was and why Kamiya and Mikami left Capcom...actually, even Tokuro Fujiwara, the creator of Ghosts 'n Goblins and the man who ordered a young Mikami to create a horror game for the PS1 in 1994 left Capcom before the release of RE1 because he was tired of working on franchises. That company keeps losing their best game designers just because it likes to play it ultra-safe...even though it's very unlikely that a new IP from them would bomb. "Dino Crisis" sold well. "Devil May Cry" actually became a franchise in its own right and so did "Onimusha" (before they euthanized it). Why would a new action\adventure\horror game advertised as "from the same makers of RESIDENT EVIL!" do any different?

I personally hate RE4 (not as a game, but as a RE game) - I've said it so many times I know some people will feel nauseated by my ranting, so I am stopping here.

Yeah, as we speak they are working on at least 3 new RE games: two of them are "Resident Evil 9" and "Resident Evil: Outrage" for the Switch (which is said to be the new "Revelations 3" after Village became RE8). After the last cyberattack, release dates for upcoming games were leaked, including a game called "Resident Evil: Hunk", which is scheduled for 2024. I don't know if it is the same game as Outrage...I only know that one of these is going to star Rebecca Chambers.

Alexis Evanz Reider

Legendary survivor
Yeah...and that's why Clover Studios was as short-lived as it was and why Kamiya and Mikami left Capcom...actually, even Tokuro Fujiwara, the creator of Ghosts 'n Goblins and the man who ordered a young Mikami to create a horror game for the PS1 in 1994 left Capcom before the release of RE1 because he was tired of working on franchises. That company keeps losing their best game designers just because it likes to play it ultra-safe...even though it's very unlikely that a new IP from them would bomb. "Dino Crisis" sold well. "Devil May Cry" actually became a franchise in its own right and so did "Onimusha" (before they euthanized it). Why would a new action\adventure\horror game advertised as "from the same makers of RESIDENT EVIL!" do any different?

I personally hate RE4 (not as a game, but as a RE game) - I've said it so many times I know some people will feel nauseated by my ranting, so I am stopping here.

Yeah, as we speak they are working on at least 3 new RE games: two of them are "Resident Evil 9" and "Resident Evil: Outrage" for the Switch (which is said to be the new "Revelations 3" after Village became RE8). After the last cyberattack, release dates for upcoming games were leaked, including a game called "Resident Evil: Hunk", which is scheduled for 2024. I don't know if it is the same game as Outrage...I only know that one of these is going to star Rebecca Chambers.
You are not only one who hates RE4,as an Resident evil game

Actually ,what I saw in RE8 ,I am not quite sure what are we gonna see in next games, this game would do better if it wasnt in RE name. It had enough potential to be a new series on it's own name.

Hardware

You are not only one who hates RE4,as an Resident evil game

Actually ,what I saw in RE8 ,I am not quite sure what are we gonna see in next games, this game would do better if it wasnt in RE name. It had enough potential to be a new series on it's own name.
That was the same with RE7...and RE4 too. All different enough from the actual series to be their own IP. I am currently trying to take down Lady Dimitrescu in her monster form (those who think Alexia in C:V was too over-the-top are gonna have a field day with her: all I can say is that the bosses in "Bloodborne" are realistic by comparison), so I guess I am at 1\5th of the full game more or less: there is enough stuff to like in it, but it really screams and begs to be a stand-alone title about a man fighting vampires, werewolves, ghouls and dragon-riding witches (yeah - you'll see). Capcom is just squeezing RE dry.

As a side-note, our man Ethan keeps losing appendages and re-attaching them with special fluids in cut-scenes: how seriously can we take the story when we see the lead essentially repairing himself with some super-glue? Or getting some fingers bitten off by a monster (no real spoiler - it happens very early in the game), fighting a horde of similar creatures and then casually walking to a crazy old lady who is holding a staff decorated with human skulls to tell her "Hey, you shouldn't be here: it's not safe!"? The people who (rigtfully) frowned upon Birkin ramming Leon on the catwalk in the RPD's underground level in RE:2 are going to have an heart attack when they'll see what Lady D does to Ethan the first time they are alone together...let's say she bangs him...but not the way the freaks on the Internet hope.

Alexis Evanz Reider

Legendary survivor
That was the same with RE7...and RE4 too. All different enough from the actual series to be their own IP. I am currently trying to take down Lady Dimitrescu in her monster form (those who think Alexia in C:V was too over-the-top are gonna have a field day with her: all I can say is that the bosses in "Bloodborne" are realistic by comparison), so I guess I am at 1\5th of the full game more or less: there is enough stuff to like in it, but it really screams and begs to be a stand-alone title about a man fighting vampires, werewolves, ghouls and dragon-riding witches (yeah - you'll see). Capcom is just squeezing RE dry.

As a side-note, our man Ethan keeps losing appendages and re-attaching them with special fluids in cut-scenes: how seriously can we take the story when we see the lead essentially repairing himself with some super-glue? Or getting some fingers bitten off by a monster (no real spoiler - it happens very early in the game), fighting a horde of similar creatures and then casually walking to a crazy old lady who is holding a staff decorated with human skulls to tell her "Hey, you shouldn't be here: it's not safe!"? The people who (rigtfully) frowned upon Birkin ramming Leon on the catwalk in the RPD's underground level in RE:2 are going to have an heart attack when they'll see what Lady D does to Ethan the first time they are alone together...let's say she bangs him...but not the way the freaks on the Internet hope.
I cant play the game for obvious reason ( poor pc and corona in sametime), but I watched all gameplay cause I couldnt wait.
About that lady with skull,I was curious really but it turn out she was only there to give us more creep
. Anyway ,game was fantastic. But as an RE game, I was totally confused. Just think about hunk probably game who fly with a BOW in a game. After seeing RE8 , I can tell it can be possible . Capcom made a joke and I guess no one can stop them anymore....

Hardware

I just finished VILLAGE. Guys, I know nobody cares, but I think I am done with RE now. This one took things way further than acceptable. I don't know what people at Capcom smoke, but if they seriously thought "this was IT", then, sorry, but I won't waste any more money into these games. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of good stuff in this title: stellar graphics, cool designs and well-planned stages. The Beneviento part clearly demonstrates the people behind these things want and can do more than just RE. But, as much as I managed to keep an open mind, from the factory onwards it was just a giant WHAT THE F? I cannot even believe that I saw what I've seen. It was like watching some modern Hollywood movie, like the last STAR WARS films: lots of money and talent burned to create some steaming pile of crap. Oh, yeah: now I know why Ethan can reattach part of himself...I was kind of suspecting something similar, but I was hoping they would've come up with a more clever version of it. Mother Miranda's link to Umbrella was unfortunately what I was afraid they were going to do. Jeez...I wasn't expecting much... but THIS?

Last edited:

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater
I don’t see what all the complaints are about. Resident Evil has never been realistic, never been based on legit science or believable human behaviors. And now that has canonically been 23 years since Raccoon City has had just basic level monsters and everybody else has had time to take new mutating substances to new heights, is it really any surprise that they’ve been able to pull off things like this, and let Capcom try new stuff? My only issue with what this game does is that removes the 100% responsibility on Ozwell Spencer’s shoulders for everything that happens to maybe 90% responsible. That’s literally it. I can, and do, accept everything else this game has given us. It’s a great new addition to Resident Evil. Why create a new franchise when a readily available one is already here to use these ideas, so long as they don’t take the lore beyond biology-based horror?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
As a side-note, our man Ethan keeps losing appendages and re-attaching them with special fluids in cut-scenes: how seriously can we take the story when we see the lead essentially repairing himself with some super-glue?

While I think a lot of vampire fanatics may be overly hyping the game up, I did enjoy my run through the demo this past weekend so I went and bought my copy of the game after work today. Will probably start it tomorrow. If nothing else I think it will be fun to play through with some beautifully designed locations and good scares. The story direction may be a whole other matter however, but I can respect that other installments have also had their share of outlandish boss fights and used elements of folklore and supernatural phenomenon... we shall see.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I don’t see what all the complaints are about. Resident Evil has never been realistic, never been based on legit science or believable human behaviors.
This is always a horrible argument because it strips the property of its identity and diminishes the credibility of any fictional work based purely on the fact that it's fiction.

While the series has jumped the shark before, Resident Evil 8, from what I know, is very out there with the worst of them, in terms of its direction and general ideas. But as a video game, I'm sure it's quite the experience for the average player. That much can't be denied, but holy sh*t, this isn't just far removed from the series, it's far removed from its own predecessor as well.

I wasn't planning on purchasing the game anytime soon as I can't justify paying full price again on a game that will ultimately be fun but then just leave me despising it and with no interest to return to it. Funnily enough, I won't have to wait much longer to play it as I just received it as an early birthday gift today.

RipvanX

I am hoping the evil BSAA setup will bring the main cast together in order to take down Natalia-Alex and end the main story with RE9, maybe squeeze a story about Rebecca in Revelations 3. Other than that, I am tired of this mold nonsense and am glad it looks to be over after this game. It’s taking away from the virology of the series and jumping the shark in more ways than Enhanced C did. This game suffers from an identity crisis just like RE6, with its many themes scattered throughout the game. It never quite sticks the landing for anything and seems to rush through everything. A lot of the game takes place during the day as well, so why does RE5 get bashed for that and not RE8?

I don’t understand how the Village is a character when everything looks and feels the same. The new villains they introduced were thrown to the wayside and killed off with no character development. At least with the Bakers, we had a chance to see into their lives and how the mold changed them into these iconic evil hillbillies. They tried giving Ethan the Issac Clark treatment, but it just comes off as forced. Most of the dialogue and voice acting reaches new levels of cringe beyond CVX, like how many times can someone laugh about stealing someone’s baby while slicing their appendages off?

I don’t know, this outing of RE will divide the fanbase just as much as RE4 did, but for all the wrong reasons. I can understand why people like it for some of its horror beats, but it’s not for me.

Last edited:

Hardware

I don’t see what all the complaints are about. Resident Evil has never been realistic, never been based on legit science or believable human behaviors

Dude, there's a difference between a game being like a b-movie and a game being a like some bad cine-comic with more retconning that I can't count. It's not that, because the series has never been "realistic", then throwing-in...whatever this game throws in it's fine because that's "unrealistic" too. Again, the only thing I can compare it to are the last two Star Wars movie ("The Last Jedi" and "Rise of Skywalker") because of the way the story keeps jumping one shark after another. Even the most positive reviews warned people about the story being "crazy" - but this is not "crazy", it's just dumb.

EDIT: it's not just about Heisenberg (jeez...that one really felt like it came out of another narrative universe altogether) and Mother Miranda, btw. Even the whole Mia part is laughable, including the way Donna Beneviento is supposed to mess around with Ethan. If Mia is...what she's revealed to be in the end, then the whole "Silent Hill 2" approach makes very little sense, dramatically-speaking.

...and why in hell is Mother Miranda revered as a divinity to pray to in the village? It makes even less sense than Saddler posing acting as a cult leader in RE4...especially when you count in the old hag...which was originally supposed to be another character altogether - she was originally "the witch" that could turn into a swarm of insects before Lady D's daughter were created. Oh, yeah: the three witches! Even the expository mess with Chris at the end doesn't manage to explain them (we do find some notes in the castle, but that sounds more like magic than anything else).

As a side note, the writing and acting in the whole thing was pretty bad and so were the animations. After the masterpiece that RE:3 was in that regard, seeing the characters being so stiff and unexpressive wasn't pleasant. And the narrative "ambitions" really show that first person was more of a caprice\ marketing idea than anything else.

Last edited:

Hardware

Since now there's a debate over wether or not Capcom plagiarized "Frankenstein's Army" (it's a no-brainer they did, but whatever), how about the eery similarities between a certain part of the game (which I liked very much) and one of the endings to "Clock Tower: The First Fear"?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
So I've kinda stepped back from the RE8 debate, just like I have with RE7 in the past, because I can't play the game due to first person camera angles giving me migraines. However my husband and I have been watching a playthrough on YouTube and while he seems to enjoy the game, from a purely non-RE fan prospective, I'm not from a RE fan prospective.

While it does look scary and I definitely see homages to other games, I'm left wondering what in the world any of this has to do with Resident Evil.

I'm sure other people will think it fits perfectly in the series but it just doesn't to me. Not saying that it, or RE7, are bad games. Just saying that maybe they should've been their own thing.

Alexis Evanz Reider

Legendary survivor
I don’t see what all the complaints are about. Resident Evil has never been realistic, never been based on legit science or believable human behaviors. And now that has canonically been 23 years since Raccoon City has had just basic level monsters and everybody else has had time to take new mutating substances to new heights, is it really any surprise that they’ve been able to pull off things like this, and let Capcom try new stuff? My only issue with what this game does is that removes the 100% responsibility on Ozwell Spencer’s shoulders for everything that happens to maybe 90% responsible. That’s literally it. I can, and do, accept everything else this game has given us. It’s a great new addition to Resident Evil. Why create a new franchise when a readily available one is already here to use these ideas, so long as they don’t take the lore beyond biology-based horror?
you are right about "time has passed" . i do not expect to see same monsters and stories . no one does, but Resident evil has a little logic in it, which makes it close to real. but in this game, how this people were hiding about a century ? and no one ever found anything about them?
i mean , those people had phone in their home right? and no one ever suspect what is happening there? i personally liked the doll- house, it was creepy enough and remind what survival horror is. but still after all this years and turning people into wine , werewolfs and those axe things roaming around freely , Trisave BSAA and no one were aware of the, since recently.
if you think this is not a sin , i believe you should know that it has been years since BSAA has been established and now in 2021 they are find. obviously BSAA needs to hire better people. they are wasting UN money.

Hardware

you are right about "time has passed" . i do not expect to see same monsters and stories . no one does, but Resident evil has a little logic in it, which makes it close to real. but in this game, how this people were hiding about a century ? and no one ever found anything about them?
i mean , those people had phone in their home right? and no one ever suspect what is happening there? i personally liked the doll- house, it was creepy enough and remind what survival horror is. but still after all this years and turning people into wine , werewolfs and those axe things roaming around freely , Trisave BSAA and no one were aware of the, since recently.
if you think this is not a sin , i believe you should know that it has been years since BSAA has been established and now in 2021 they are find. obviously BSAA needs to hire better people. they are wasting UN money.
Point is, had Capcom done things right, RE would've probably ended in the PS3\Xbox 360 era and now we would probably be only getting stuff like RE:2 for nostalgia's sake. Which is not bad: these things need to end after a while. People told me I should be "grateful" (I wonder how or why: I pay for a product) that Capcom did what they because they managed to prolong the series' lifespan...which is a bunch of bull****, sorry: the only thing surviving is the brand, which what actually matters to Capcom. Everything else is stuff completely unrelated to RE and yet forcibly linked to it with silly plot threads. I very much liked that in RE7 they were dealing with something that was made by one of the rival companies: those guys have always been around since RE1 and nobody ever said the only thing they knew how to do was copying Umbrella's work. It actually opened up a lot of possibilities...but Capcom seems incapable of letting Umbrella (or Wesker's) ghost go...it's probably because they think that's what lures the hardcore fans back.

As for the inconsistencies in Village's plot, the more I think of it the more I found. It's probably one of the stupidest plots ever. Why were the villagers venerating Miranda, exactly? Why things went South all of a sudden and the village was ravaged by Lycans? How much time passed between the prologue and the village's downfall (ever since Rose was brought there, things have been bad)? What's the purpose of the Old Hag persona eventually? How can Heisenberg or Miranda control the Lycans (it's pretty much implied Heisenberg can - we all thought he was the pack leader with the giant hammer, but he's not...so why does he have a giant hammer?)? What the F were those zombies crawling out of the cemetery on the way back from Beneviento's house? Why did Miranda did that mess with Mia while she could've just killed everyone in the house to get the girl? What exactly were Lady D's daughters? Why does Heisenberg have a factory outside of the village? Who finances him? Why at the end they talk about the village being doomed unless they stop Miranda (the village was already toast from the beginning)? Why nobody ever ran a test on Ethan and discovered his secret (he and Mia definitely went through quarantine and whatnot after the Lousiana incident)? Why didn't Mia say anything about it? Isn't Mia supposed to be the same as Ethan? We actually killed her at the beginning of RE7 and she was clearly infected. These are just some of the questions this game raises.

Alexis Evanz Reider

Legendary survivor
Point is, had Capcom done things right, RE would've probably ended in the PS3\Xbox 360 era and now we would probably be only getting stuff like RE:2 for nostalgia's sake. Which is not bad: these things need to end after a while. People told me I should be "grateful" (I wonder how or why: I pay for a product) that Capcom did what they because they managed to prolong the series' lifespan...which is a bunch of bull****, sorry: the only thing surviving is the brand, which what actually matters to Capcom. Everything else is stuff completely unrelated to RE and yet forcibly linked to it with silly plot threads. I very much liked that in RE7 they were dealing with something that was made by one of the rival companies: those guys have always been around since RE1 and nobody ever said the only thing they knew how to do was copying Umbrella's work. It actually opened up a lot of possibilities...but Capcom seems incapable of letting Umbrella (or Wesker's) ghost go...it's probably because they think that's what lures the hardcore fans back.

As for the inconsistencies in Village's plot, the more I think of it the more I found. It's probably one of the stupidest plots ever. Why were the villagers venerating Miranda, exactly? Why things went South all of a sudden and the village was ravaged by Lycans? How much time passed between the prologue and the village's downfall (ever since Rose was brought there, things have been bad)? What's the purpose of the Old Hag persona eventually? How can Heisenberg or Miranda control the Lycans (it's pretty much implied Heisenberg can - we all thought he was the pack leader with the giant hammer, but he's not...so why does he have a giant hammer?)? What the F were those zombies crawling out of the cemetery on the way back from Beneviento's house? Why did Miranda did that mess with Mia while she could've just killed everyone in the house to get the girl? What exactly were Lady D's daughters? Why does Heisenberg have a factory outside of the village? Who finances him? Why at the end they talk about the village being doomed unless they stop Miranda (the village was already toast from the beginning)? Why nobody ever ran a test on Ethan and discovered his secret (he and Mia definitely went through quarantine and whatnot after the Lousiana incident)? Why didn't Mia say anything about it? Isn't Mia supposed to be the same as Ethan? We actually killed her at the beginning of RE7 and she was clearly infected. These are just some of the questions this game raises.
I was thinking the same about ethan . Like I said before,after RE8 it seems BSAA is wasting UN money . And they are worthless cause they even couldnt realize about Ethan. I knew he was infected enough . anyone who see his hand could figure it out . My problem with is game isnt game play or graphic , or charachtrizition ( let be fair, Chris personality was very good,since Rev1, he was chris that I liked to see) . My problem was the whole story which need to be in past but it was in 2021 , obviously somewhere that BSAA site was close to them( car crushed and Ethan reach the secret village by foot . So they were close to village) and none ever try to do anything . I guess there will be DLCs , because what chris was talking about the guy who was a BOW and dressed like BSAA . Still nothing make sense to me. Even the game was nice , my RE logic is not satisfied.

Alexis Evanz Reider

Legendary survivor
So I've kinda stepped back from the RE8 debate, just like I have with RE7 in the past, because I can't play the game due to first person camera angles giving me migraines. However my husband and I have been watching a playthrough on YouTube and while he seems to enjoy the game, from a purely non-RE fan prospective, I'm not from a RE fan prospective.

While it does look scary and I definitely see homages to other games, I'm left wondering what in the world any of this has to do with Resident Evil.

I'm sure other people will think it fits perfectly in the series but it just doesn't to me. Not saying that it, or RE7, are bad games. Just saying that maybe they should've been their own thing.
I have the same problem . Few month ago I watched Outlast 2 from YouTube. When i was watching RE 8, sometimes i felt i am looking to RE4 , sometimes i felt i am watching outlast. I was trying to linked the game to ReSeries. Game was awesome, problem was , the game Carry RE game. This game was mixing of many titles and games and movies which can not be mixed together and then: weolla!!! Here is Re8: vampires,wolverine's, evil doll , cutting a baby into flasks and people who were hanged everywhere( outlast) and so on. Many stories without any deep. God knows how I feel worry for RE games when I saw those BOW lords were sitting around and discussing how to finish ethan . Even for someone like me that scene was insulting.

Hardware

Some sensible articles have popped up, but the hardcore fans are gunning them down - case point:

https://www.slashfilm.com/resident-evil-village-review/

The RE fanbase is definitely a strange beast: the series has been turned inside\out for ages but nobody should dare and criticize it...and to think that the Last of Us fans went ballistic for Part 2, which was a organic progression of the 1st one (in 2013, after finishing Part 1, the only thing I could think was that Joel was doomed).

As a side-note, I did replay Village (business is slow as we speak in my neck of the woods) and I discovered there was some extra content I hadn't explored - which also included two look-alike bosses: hunchback giants with huge axes\halberds...which reminded me A LOT of Steve's mutation in C:V in they way they moved...with Moreau's skin textures and a DiCaprio-esque face, they'd be perfect...maybe a remake of C:V isn't impossible.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Hardware, since we are not in the spoiler thread right now, I would advise putting Spoiler tags around your mention of the optional bosses.

Luckily, I faced the first one last night. The Giant that guards Beneventos Treasure and MAN, that thing hits HARD. I went through most of my ammo to kill it, but I think it was worth it because those treasures sell for HIGH

Hardware

I didn't think I was spoilering them, since I didn't say where you meet them. I am not even sure you could call them real bosses - you can ran away from them if you want. They are more like the giant monster-wolves (the Alpha was in one of the trailers) - you can take them down if you want the extra $$$.

The one guarding the Beneviento burial ground is tougher than the one in Cannibal's Plunder. They are equally bullet-spongy, but with the second you have more room to move around and it doesn't chase you through doors

Alexis Evanz Reider

Legendary survivor
i have a question.

the guy they found from BSAA who was a BOW , they were sent by BSAA or someone used BSAA equipment for stealing that megamacit or what ever?

Top Bottom