• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Two new little videos have been sent to RE Ambassadors.

This one entitled ''Recorder'', showing off the save function:

And this one entitled ''Stock Up'' which shows... well, stocking up I guess, and showing stuff you can do with the knife.

Last edited:

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Sweet! the latest interview also mentioned about saving being different on each difficulty so I guess easy has unlimited manual saves, normal has limited saves (cassettes as ink ribbons replacement maybe?) and madhouse (the hardest difficulty) has even more limited and no checkpoint/auto-save. Also I think it's inevitable that they'll show the classic "condition" health mechanism, just look at that smartwatch.

Last edited:

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
3 things.
- Nice to see classic health system back in RE 7 with smartwatch as the indicator.
- There will be "bleeding" status indicated by the red screen effect like in Revelations 2 I guess.
- The balding dude (Jack) definitely doesn't get up that fast. It's gotta be edited because the red screen warning vanished instantly.

UPDATE:
From PS magazine
image.png

Last edited:

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Wow this is looking to be awesome and a good call back to the original games...I cannot wait. Does anybody know if there are going to be a lot of weapons like a big assortment or anything like that or will it be more like the original 4 games with a knife, pistols or sorts, a shotgun, blunt weapons for melee and all that? Any info would be appreciated.
The ESRB leak claimed that there would be handgun, shotgun, flamethrower, explosives, Swiss Army knife, chainsaw, and of course the axe.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Sounds like you're not completely powerless after all, then, rookie character or not.

Seriously, unless they added mechanics to limit how effective they are (stamina while using them and whatnot), an axe and a chainsaw sound pretty damn OP. Just as much as being able to roundhouse kick zombies/hillbillies into the ground.

STEM_inhabitant

I'm really excited for this game. Much like ResidentDevil and a few other people over here, I feel RE7 could be the RE4 of this generation in the sense that it retains beloved elements from the games and introduces new things at the same time. This might as well be the revitalization of the series.

I'm only concerned about the save system. Apparently, manual save is possible but auto-save is also in the game. I'm not sure how that works.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I'm really excited for this game. Much like ResidentDevil and a few other people over here, I feel RE7 could be the RE4 of this generation in the sense that it retains beloved elements from the games and introduces new things at the same time. This might as well be the revitalization of the series.

I'm only concerned about the save system. Apparently, manual save is possible but auto-save is also in the game. I'm not sure how that works.
Yeah that's confusing. We know that the saving is different for each difficulty so I'm guessing there's like a checkpoint system for the autosaves, and each increasing difficulty has fewer checkpoints causing greater reliance on manual saving, possibly culminating in the hardest difficulty having no autosaves or something like that. They may have gone into more specific detail on that I don't really remember.

STEM_inhabitant

I really hope that is true. Has it been confirmed if we're getting limited saves in any capacity? You mention saving being different for each difficulty, I assume that's what you mean?

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I really hope that is true. Has it been confirmed if we're getting limited saves in any capacity? You mention saving being different for each difficulty, I assume that's what you mean?
Thats the thing. As far as I know they haven't specified beyond "different".

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
First, welcome to the forum.

Since the manual classic-style stationary saving system with a recorder as typewriter replacement has been confirmed I see 2 possibilities here.
1. It's gonna be checkpoint instead of auto-save. Now checkpoints don't use any kind of slot because checkpoint =/= auto-save.
2. There's gonna be both auto and manual save. They will have separated slots and don't write overwrite each other.

I think having the two features is a good idea because it'll appeal to both veteran and newer RE fans. Having auto-save or checkpoint won't make RE 7 frustrating to the newer fans who are not used to play classic RE games which lack auto-save. And yes Kawata has confirmed that the saving system will vary depending on the difficulty but he didn't specify it. I'm guessing that on the easiest difficulty you can manual save unlimitedly and on harder or the hardest mode you'll need a cassette or something else that functions the same as ink ribbon to save.

Anyway this new pic (scanned from Famitsu) reveals that Lucas' arm was actually dismembered in the dinner segment. It's not like in TAPE-2 trailer where they censored it.
image.jpg

Next on the bottom right there's what it looks like a basement area which I think will be included in the final demo update.
image.jpg

Also the name "Ethan" was actually mentioned in RE 5 and he's supposed to be dead. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with RE 7 protagonist. Could be just coincidence of course.
image.jpg

Last edited:

STEM_inhabitant

I was worried about enemies and if they would pose a real threat, even after having seen Jack Baker, but now I'm very satisfied with what we're getting.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Finally, we get to see some footage of actual monsters in the game.

Yup, the more I see, the more they're beginning to erase any doubts I might've had about this game. I get the feeling this game really is going to be fantastic, I'm even starting to warm up to the new protagonist.

Top Bottom