• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

I personally always find replay value in RE games, but I understand that not everybody does.
I do too, but this one looks different. If it's going to be an atmospheric game it's problably going to be very linear and slow paced which means that after beating the game there isn't really anything to get good at.

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
I do too, but this one looks different. If it's going to be an atmospheric game it's problably going to be very linear and slow paced which means that after beating the game there isn't really anything to get good at.
Right, I get that sort of feeling, too.

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
Though I do love that they're bringing stuff like puzzles, conservation, and choosing to run or fight back, it's quite saddening that I won't be seeing any familiar faces, and I'm on the fence about first person.

That being said, I think I'll reserve my judgement until I see more or play the game. I'll more than likely post my thoughts on the game after I've played it.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Somebody on twitter made this RE7 poster which is awesome

CnOFCmHXgAEuex_.jpg

And more positive news

CnQc2ygXEAIBecY.jpg

ClLMJjJVYAAAlBj.jpg

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It appears that there will be a few bits of news about RE7 this weekend. Someone from Capcom will come to a Japanese shop on Saturday, let people play RE7 (whether it's the demo or something yet unseen is currently unknown), and answer a few fan questions. I don't live in Japan, nor do I speak Japanese, but I'm sure that whatever new information comes out of this will soon be shared with the rest of the world.

Source

Airaku

Stray Jedi
God I can't wait for this game. At least I have a lot of games to catch up on in the next few months. I'm behind in my gaming because of school >.< I'll be done my prost grad project next Friday and then I'm taking time off to game. Immature or not! I need a break for about 2 months :p Or one? *pokes finger*

In the mean time I'mma GO GO! :3

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
^I kinda doubt anything major will be revealed though. Capcom isn't going to attend Gamescom either. So I think we're gonna have to wait until TGS to see more. From this interview the rep. said that we'll be hearing more stuff in the coming months (also cracks me up everytime the interviewer botches at 4:48 loool)

And by the way the promotional E3 shirt is said to have some RE7 hints
image.jpg

I see guns, bottles, a compass, a wheel, an axe, a water tower and a mysterious jaw.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
^I kinda doubt anything major will be revealed though. Capcom isn't going to attend Gamescom either. So I think we're gonna have to wait until TGS to see more. From this interview the rep. said that we'll be hearing more stuff in the coming months (also cracks me up everytime the interviewer botches at 4:48 loool)

And by the way the promotional E3 shirt is said to have some RE7 hints
image.jpg

I see guns, bottles, a compass, a wheel, an axe, a water tower and a mysterious jaw.

Well we know of the girl as she's on the cover. Hints in the demo (even if that might not be the same girl. I'm not so sure it is). We definitely have a few hints in the trailer.

Some things you haven't mentioned was. A baby, a refinery, bottle of pills or alcohol? jars, a lantern, a guy with hooks and chains and stuff shoved in his body kind of like in Rev2, a fly or locust, spider web, and the obvious like the house and trees, and the things you've mentioned I didn't brother repeating. Of course the hands as well.

I'm getting more excited. But I am still 100% against it being first person.

I know what you mean xD

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@ResidentDevil I'm glad that we got to see this tech demo. I wished we got to see the whole thing. A lot of people that played it said the woman cuts her tongue and a fire is started an spreads around. At least I'm pretty sure that's what people were saying. I don't see how this is the scariest game ever.... A lot of people were claiming that last year.

black 93

Im looking forward to it, but it's still too early and we still know too little for me to be really excited. One thing that is keeping me entertained though, are the countless arguments on YouTube over this game by those 'fans' that are still upset that this isn't 1998 and Raccoon City. I thought RE6 was controversial, but 7 has taken the crown.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Im looking forward to it, but it's still too early and we still know too little for me to be really excited. One thing that is keeping me entertained though, are the countless arguments on YouTube over this game by those 'fans' that are still upset that this isn't 1998 and Raccoon City. I thought RE6 was controversial, but 7 has taken the crown.

I reeeeeeally hope that the game take place in 2018. I'll be surely disappointed about that if it isn't.

Also RE7 is getting very high praise in general and seems to be incredibly well received by the mass majority of gamers. Key word here is gamers, not fans. This game is going to pull in a lot of fans. Even a huge portion of the fans are super excited about the return of horror and some of the changes. I'm not as thrilled about the first person view as the next fan, and there's a very aspects I don't like. Over all it's shaping up to be a very good game. As far as the fans go, I think it's a big more in the majority that likes it but it could be more 50/50. The controversy seems to be in REVII's favor unlike RE6's case.

Top Bottom