• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil VII confirmed.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Or maybe...

Capcom decided to go the Rev1 Jill Valentine route with Chris and changed his entire character completely and that guy is in fact the real Chris:lol:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
@bSTAR_182 Read it at your own risk... Here's my theory about this

No, that guy at the end is clearly not Chris Redfield, but someone else since it wouldn't make any sense for Chris to work for Umbrella. I mean the ending clearly shows the helicopter deliberately showing the Umbrella Corporation logo, except it's blue instead of red. However, there's the rumor circulating around the internet that the guy in the end is actually HUNK pretending to be Chris since Ethan wouldn't how Chris even looks like. I do think Chris one of the guys you can hear during a transmission before the final battle. I think Chris is that Alpha team leader they talk to but that's just my own theory.

However, I played the German version with my friends and in this version the Alpha team leader had Chris' German Voice Actor, that's why I believe this guy is the real Redfield:biggrin:
He looks nothing like HUNK though. He's way too young.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Refusing to read spoilers, I just got the game and started it up on my VR heaset and loving it so far. It just feels so much more real in VR, I can only imagine the sense of dread when Molded actually jump out at me with the headset on.

Now Sega/Creative Assembly, do us all a favor and make Alien: Isolation 2 for the VR already.

N7Valentine

Only to revert him back to normal for RE: Vendetta!

But seriously, the fact that Chris does look like himself in that film is proof that it's not him in RE7.
Dude, this is Capcom were talking about. Anything's possible with these guys...:rolleyes: I wouldn't be surprised if Jill and Ada turned out to be men in drag...:lol:

F*ck! I shouldn't give them ideas

Last edited:

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Reviews:
Gamespot: 8/10
PC Gamer: 90/100
IGN: 7.7/10
Destructoid: 10/10
Famitsu: 36/40 (9/9/9/9)
Metacritic: 86/100
Polygon: 9/10
Rely on Horror: 9/10
My score: 9/10

Started the game blind, finished it in 9.5 hours, thoughts:
-This is essentially 2017 RE 1 in first-person
-Chose Mia and glad it was the right choice (good ending)
-Very atmospheric
-IMO the mutated Jack is the hardest boss in the game it took me a couple tries to spot a hidden weak spot below his tail
-This is definitely the most violent RE game
-Game's length is pretty balanced which is great (not too short not too long)
-Kinda feel bad after knowing that the Bakers were actually sane
-Eveline, the most powerful BOW yet?
-I think this new Umbrella isn't the same as the defunct/evil Umbrella
-Overall they nailed it with RE 7

Regarding the ending
It is indeed CR

image.png

Last edited:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Just finished up the game tonight, and overall thought it was awesome. Just a couple of thoughts/questions I had....
I'm curious what you guys thought was the scariest part of the game. For me it had to be the whole scene where you get the arm for the serum, but most specifically picking up the teddy bear and seeing it slowly become blackened. I was also wondering what happens when you choose Zoe. I just picked Mia because she seemed like the obvious choice, and I didn't want Ethan to have gone through all that just to lose Mia again. I loved the beginning of the game because it totally threw me off guard. I also thought the use of the happy birthday tape was really cool. Overall I did think the puzzles were pretty easy, but I've never really been challenged by RE puzzles anyway and to me they seemed on par difficulty-wise with those of the earlier entries. I thought the hardest boss was the chainsaw fight with Jack because I could never get those stupid body bags to stun him and he was waaay faster than me which was really obnoxious. That battle took me like 7 tries. I totally know what you mean about the final Jack fight though.

I was gonna say I thought it did say the guy at the end was Chris, which ResidentDevil confirmed, but his outfit, appearance, and method of transportation do all make him seem suspicious. But if it was the real Chris, then like where's RCS?

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Finally had a chance to play for a couple hours last night and, despite having a constant feeling of dread and panic attacks, I'm really enjoying this game. It's visually stunning and I'm also loving the story of the Baker family. The pacing of the story is notably good as it feels like you can take in a lot about the environments, story, and characters. This is something that the last couple games failed at achieving. They clearly have more focus with this game as it is more downscaled.

That first fight with Mia... HOLY ****

Really hope to see more on past characters though, I know a few spoilers but how prominent they are in the game remains to be a mystery for me.

Or maybe...

Capcom decided to go the Rev1 Jill Valentine route with Chris and changed his entire character completely and that guy is in fact the real Chris:lol:

That sort of crossed my mind!

Maybe not so much as it actually being Chris but the whole idea that these Bioterrorist organizations are catching on to a hero like Chris being critical for them to take out and/or soil his name.

I'm also hoping that the "Albert" stuff in the game is a hint to his return... but that's just me wishful thinking.

Between Revelations 2 and this game, perhaps Capcom is figuring out that balance that the series needs.

Last edited:

N7Valentine

@bSTAR_182 I think...

Capcom wouldn't be so dumb to change Chris so drastically. I mean they could do it with Jill because she received so much "love" from Capcom lately:rolleyes: , in other words, she's been shafted role-wise. Chris has a notably lager presence in the RE universe and in Vendetta he looks closer to his RE6 incarnation albeit a bit asian :rolleyes: I still believe there's someone (or several people) who would want to tarnish his name. Despite the name "Chris Redfield" being dropped in the credits, I won't buy it. They probably do it to keep this guy's identity secret or until "Not A Hero" DLC comes out:wink:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I think the only way it would make sense (assuming he's not Chris) is if he's actually pretending to be Chris. I mean, you can't just say it's Chris and then be like "lolno jk". Granted if anyone would do that, It'd probably be Capcom. On an unrelated note, Outbreak was never confirmed as canon before, right? So is this game the first official confirmation of its authenticity?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I think the only way it would make sense (assuming he's not Chris) is if he's actually pretending to be Chris. I mean, you can't just say it's Chris and then be like "lolno jk". Granted if anyone would do that, It'd probably be Capcom. On an unrelated note, Outbreak was never confirmed as canon before, right? So is this game the first official confirmation of its authenticity?
Yeah, Outbreak was just generally considered canon.

Something that I've been thinking about is how when asked about if there are any returning characters, Capcom said "basically no". "Basically no". Anybody else think that's a weird thing to say?

Last edited:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I took it to mean that if they were there, their role was very minor. They might have said it that way to prevent getting people's hopes up if they wanted to see their beloved characters. It'd be like saying Pentatonix is basically not in pitch perfect 2. If you knew they were in it and watched the movie just to see them you'd be pretty disappointed because they only show up for like 5 seconds at the very end.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I took it to mean that if they were there, their role was very minor. They might have said it that way to prevent getting people's hopes up if they wanted to see their beloved characters. It'd be like saying Pentatonix is basically not in pitch perfect 2. If you knew they were in it and watched the movie just to see them you'd be pretty disappointed because they only show up for like 5 seconds at the very end.
That's what I thought too, but the "Chris" guy is getting his own DLC, right?

RedPanda

4x the awesome
That's what I thought too, but the "Chris" guy is getting his own DLC, right?
I think so. It looked like him and either another picture of him with his umbrellish mask, or a different character. Either way, he definitely plays a role, so I guess we'll find out more fairly soon.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
RE 7 already selling more than 2.5M, on track to reach 4M projected sales in Q1 2017.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e170127.html
"....the title garnered attention worldwide, with the demo version exceeding 7.15 million downloads—a record for the series—and the game selling more than 2.5 million units."

Over 2.5M in just 3 days? that's impressive and well deserved. It'll likely reach 4M much sooner.

Just finished up the game tonight, and overall thought it was awesome. Just a couple of thoughts/questions I had....
I'm curious what you guys thought was the scariest part of the game. For me it had to be the whole scene where you get the arm for the serum, but most specifically picking up the teddy bear and seeing it slowly become blackened. I was also wondering what happens when you choose Zoe. I just picked Mia because she seemed like the obvious choice, and I didn't want Ethan to have gone through all that just to lose Mia again. I loved the beginning of the game because it totally threw me off guard. I also thought the use of the happy birthday tape was really cool. Overall I did think the puzzles were pretty easy, but I've never really been challenged by RE puzzles anyway and to me they seemed on par difficulty-wise with those of the earlier entries. I thought the hardest boss was the chainsaw fight with Jack because I could never get those stupid body bags to stun him and he was waaay faster than me which was really obnoxious. That battle took me like 7 tries. I totally know what you mean about the final Jack fight though.

I was gonna say I thought it did say the guy at the end was Chris, which ResidentDevil confirmed, but his outfit, appearance, and method of transportation do all make him seem suspicious. But if it was the real Chris, then like where's RCS?
The scariest part of the game for me would be in the beginning where there was sudden knocking sound out of nowhere it caught me off guard lol and yeah the part where you enter Eveline's room, it was really creepy.

I think the free DLC "Not A Hero" will explain further about the guy at the end. I assume we're gonna play from Chris' perspective leading to the main's game ending.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Damn never seen so many spoiler tags in a thread before lol.

Didn't particularly like the demo too much when I tried it but I have to say I'm really enjoying the game so far. I agree with people saying it should of been a spin off rather than a sequel tho. It doesn't have a strong Resi vibe to it but maybe that's because of the first person view and new characters.

Don't find it that scary but it's great to see some gameplay elements from the older Resi games making a return. I think the series is going in the right direction at least.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Just finished my "speedrun" for the trophy. 3'01". Not bad considering I've never speedrun anything before, but still not great by any means.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Almost forgot I speculated that Ethan Winters is Ethan W. from RE 5 file, well..
It appears that it's not the same person. However, there's something fishy about Ethan, when he was first informed that it requires D-series arm and head to make the cure his reaction was "that can't be right" as if he knew something already, a more clueless reaction would be something like "what the hell are those". And I wonder why he sees hallucinations near the end of the game, could he be infected already from the get-go? if he was why didn't he go berzerk?

Another thing I found in Reddit

- The phone call, the helicopter, and the codex message. In the beginning of the game, Ethan is talking to someone on the phone, the voice is male. During the last fight, you're tossed that special handgun and you get a message to, use it. When you get into the helicopter, Ethan says, it took you guys long enough. Was Ethan just being incredulous? Or was he expecting them to show up. I'm pretty sure the codex comes from Zoe, when she staples your arm back on, where did she get it? From the boat? From Mia? And how did the people in the helicopter get the frequency to call or even know that Ethan had the Codex? Is the organization on the boat affiliated with the people in the helicopter? Is Ethan? If the phone call in the beginning was to someone on that helicopter, it would make sense when he said, it took you long enough. --> I think it's a possibility that Ethan works for the same organization as Mia does (Tentsu) that might've been chasing this "third party" entity mentioned in the mine radio transmission.

Also noticed a little fun fact about RE7 plot
In Greek, "Mia Zoe" means "one life", aha I see what you did there.

Last edited:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I noticed throughout the game that Ethan's reactions to various wtf moments are very understated. I mean, at the very end, when he sees Mia in the helicopter, whom he had every right to believe was gone, he's just like, "Oh hey Mia wassup?" I took his "that can't be right" to mean "how the **** can you make a cure from an arm and a head?" but in his subdued way of saying so. What I want to know is, why do they go out of their way to make sure you never get a clear shot of Ethan's face?

Top Bottom