• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Portable

faggot

the new resident evil coming to psp what do you guys want to be in it (i know im kinda plagarising the concept of the re6 topic)
they said it would be different that the other resident evil games so i hope that means it takes it in a different dirrection but not to drastic, maybe give a create a character

so again what do you want to be in it?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Hmm... i'm very curious about this game. It has all the possibilities to be a great game.
Capcom can try different things with this one, both on gameplay and storyline.
I don't thing the RE4/5 style would be good in a small screen. FPS fits awfully in RE, so it should be like the old games, but with a moveable camera and an improved aiming system.
I don't think any of the four major characters should be in it (i mean, Leon, Claire, Chris or Jill). I think all of them had enough games, and i'm getting tired of them. Instead, we should have unexplored (just not from the Outbreak series please) or completely new characters. Rebecca and/or Barry would be good choices, but Barry would be (too?) old, so he could be a supporting character for Rebecca (Billy should not be in it, at least as a main character, or even an ally). Whatever the characters are, the game will probably be set between RE:CV and RE5 and not a main story, but a side story (hopefully canon, like DA and Survivor), i don't think Capcom would be wanting to introduce new 'main' concepts in a console that many followers don't have.
Well, it's just my opinion.

faggot

bruno;66964 said:
Hmm... i'm very curious about this game. It has all the possibilities to be a great game.
Capcom can try different things with this one, both on gameplay and storyline.
I don't thing the RE4/5 style would be good in a small screen. FPS fits awfully in RE, so it should be like the old games, but with a moveable camera and an improved aiming system.
I don't think any of the four major characters should be in it (i mean, Leon, Claire, Chris or Jill). I think all of them had enough games, and i'm getting tired of them. Instead, we should have unexplored (just not from the Outbreak series please) or completely new characters. Rebecca and/or Barry would be good choices, but Barry would be (too?) old, so he could be a supporting character for Rebecca (Billy should not be in it, at least as a main character, or even an ally). Whatever the characters are, the game will probably be set between RE:CV and RE5 and not a main story, but a side story (hopefully canon, like DA and Survivor), i don't think Capcom would be wanting to introduce new 'main' concepts in a console that many followers don't have.
Well, it's just my opinion.
True (But capcom loves the psp enough to port their games and cancel devil may cry lol) the shoulders could prolly move the camera. I didn't really play the older Resident Evils but the plagas is getting kind of old they should return to zombies lol. I hope they dont turn it into Resident evil it should stay an action game but I can see capcom doing something odd lol... if they dont just cancel the game.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
faggot;69459 said:
True (But capcom loves the psp enough to port their games and cancel devil may cry lol) the shoulders could prolly move the camera. I didn't really play the older Resident Evils but the plagas is getting kind of old they should return to zombies lol. I hope they dont turn it into Resident evil it should stay an action game but I can see capcom doing something odd lol... if they dont just cancel the game.

It is an original story right? If so I think that Bruno is right about the characters, we should leave out the main ones for at least this game. Not necessarily make a new one, but maybe expand on existing ones, Bruno mentioned Barry & Rebecca, which are common choices, but I would like to see Ark Thompson or Bruce McGivern from the Survivor series(hopefully with better voices).

I don't think we should have any kind of character creation, it defeats RE's nature, it just has no business in the series.

Gameplay wise, I think Capcom could utilize existing features from the series, even experiment, that is how we got the Outbreaks & Survivor games. I haven't played the Ipod Touch games like Degeneration, but I hear it works pretty well. I have REDS, and it works pretty well, it has camera angles, yet still impliments newer and efficiently useful things like the manual reload and the quick-knife.

I'm sure it could play over-the-shoulder, as the little nub(analogue) being on the left hand side is perfect for the RE control scheme, it is actually an amazing fit. The game probably wouldn't look spectacular, but I think they could do something great, hopefully something with as good an experience as LIN, yet longer and better.:)

weskersbarber

im hoping ark or rebecca will be the main protagonist.ive heard that this will be released on the psp go,so will that mean we cant play it in a normal psp or what.capcom have told us nothing about this game even tough it has been confirmed for almost 7 months

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
weskersbarber;69502 said:
im hoping ark or rebecca will be the main protagonist.ive heard that this will be released on the psp go,so will that mean we cant play it in a normal psp or what.capcom have told us nothing about this game even tough it has been confirmed for almost 7 months

PSP Go, I am not familiar with that, is it different or cheaper than the PSP?

faggot

lol capcom prolly just said that to get attention because the go is a normal psp without the umd drive and an internal harddrive
if they do release resident evil portable which they prolly will cause psp is doing pretty good now in japan
plus if it is dl only you can still dl it to a memory stick and put on your psp like other games in the ps store

Levan

Polkka. lol
I just wish that they don't stick with just the PSP Go. I wouldn't want to buy a new $200(?) PSP just to play the game. =/

Since Capcom announced that the gameplay would be completely different from the previous games, it's really hard to predict what kind of gameplay would arrive. Almost like when I first heard about Metal Gear Acid and it didn't cross my mind that it'll be some sort of card game. I wonder what the developers are planning on it.

Top Bottom