• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Forum 2.0 Re-design

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hi guys!

What do you guys think of the Resident Evil Forum's new make-over? I haven't completely finished everything yet but the majority of the work is complete. There's still a few things I need to tweak and alter here and there.

I also want to install some decent new smilies since the default ones really aren't very good...

But, yeah, what do you guys think? Hope you all like the new Resident Evil News 2.0 re-design!

alonecrow

yeah, i like.. it look fresh and new.
but i think i don't see the notification about new PM there..

Sephiroxas

At the top it says (Help, Search, Profile, Members, Logout, My messages] If you have new messages it'll have a number next to it.

As for the look, The
off.png

thing is really cool, but I'm having a hard time deciphering between The New Posts one And the No New Posts.

REGirlfan

[quote author=Sephiroxas link=topic=166.msg3204#msg3204 date=1200427131]
At the top it says (Help, Search, Profile, Members, Logout, My messages] If you have new messages it'll have a number next to it.

As for the look, The
off.png

thing is really cool, but I'm having a hard time deciphering between The New Posts one And the No New Posts.
[/quote]

huh i get the part where u said where it says help and stuff but how do i apply for admin or moderator?

Steve

Admin
SMF limits me to only allowing either a 'reputation' graphic or a 'team' graphic, sadly. Hope you don't mind but I decided to give you and me our very own staff buttons but spruce up the default reputation system for members.

As for the 'no new posts' graphic: I've made it entirely black and white now so it should hopefully be much easier to distinguish between new posts and no new posts.

[quote author=Sephiroxas link=topic=166.msg3207#msg3207 date=1200427528]
My Rep disappeared Steve-O :eek: :D
[/quote]

Edit: Misspellings.

Sephiroxas

Oh well. I see. ;D And thanks. Awesome ;D

Now if only there was a gallery. :eek: :D Just kidding.
Take your time with your re-designing 8)

RE4

It's much better but the logout button should be on the upper left corner and the rep should come back. But not the same way it was before. You should have little squares under the user's name and when the user gets enough rep one more square gets added. 10 square limit. If you need an example just ask and I'll provide the info.

alonecrow

[quote author=RE4 link=topic=166.msg3427#msg3427 date=1200798697]
It's much better but the logout button should be on the upper left corner and the rep should come back. But not the same way it was before. You should have little squares under the user's name and when the user gets enough rep one more square gets added. 10 square limit. If you need an example just ask and I'll provide the info.
[/quote]

good idea.. how's our forum moderator and owner say about this?

RE4

[quote author=alonecrow link=topic=166.msg3450#msg3450 date=1200803325]
good idea.. how's our forum moderator and owner say about this?
[/quote]

Never mentioned it to the admin or mod. Good suggestion.

Steve

Admin
[quote author=RE4 link=topic=166.msg3427#msg3427 date=1200798697]
[/quote]
Sorry for the late reply! Some great suggestions, RE4. :)

I totally agree with the 'logout' link location. I think it could definitely do with being moved somewhere more appropriate.

I can bring back the reputation system - although, it's call 'karma' with this forum software - and it's pretty limited in functionality. I don't have a whole lot of control over it and, as far as I can tell, it's not possible to display additional pips, or bars, or anything of the sort. It's a shame really 'cause I would have liked to have seen something like this implemented, too.

REGirlfan

yeah that is a good idea.but can i suggest that the online users names should be on the left side of the site but up some and when u come online your name be there and to the side of your name it should be online and offline.i just think the online users should get a lil upgrade.

instead of being at the bottom of the site

Top Bottom