• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil fans vs Silent Hill fans: Which group is the most elitist?

Elitist much?

• SH fans

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • RE fans

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

cathodex1

Silent Hill - Book of Memory is out and most fans are pretty much p*ssed, because it looks like a bad game.

Resident Evil ORC is a bad game yet many RE fans are happy with it.

Discuss! :D

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I don't know anything about SH players, I only have a vague idea of what the SH games are about.

I'm sorry, what what does elitist mean?
I guess it means thinking that "your" game is superior to any other game.

Hoady

No matter what group, individuals can manipulate the views of the majority. But i'd say i've seen far more hate from the silent hill folk. Probably because in their case a different company comes in the picture and they appeared to totally misunderstand what it was all about.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I don't know much about Silent Hill or the medias fans so I can't really weigh in there but I don't think Resident Evil fans are elitist, we just know what the series started out as and what it's supposed to be. As for ORC, how bad it is is a matter of opinion, not fact, and most fans were able to get that it was a side, non-canon game that had nothing to do with the main series and enjoy it for what it was.

I wouldn't really describe either of the examples you listed as being elitist examples, by the way; if nothing else, I'd call that picky.

L

Lurker
As for ORC, how bad it is is a matter of fact, not opinion, and most fans were able to get that it was a terrible side, non-canon game that had nothing to do with the main series and look down on it for what it was.

Fixed.
In my opinion, I like Silent Hill more. Just cause of Silent Hill 2's ending.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I don't know too much about Silent Hill or its fanbase, but judging from what you've said, I think SH fans are more elitist.

potato

i've been to SH forums, seems members (mods) there are rather picky in terms of whether a thread should be opened or not. And most of them discuss about the storyline & fantasies instead of the game itself.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
i've been to SH forums, seems members (mods) there are rather picky in terms of whether a thread should be opened or not. And most of them discuss about the storyline & fantasies instead of the game itself.
Can you send me a link to the SH forum you were on in a PM? I ask because I am on a SH forum and don't seem like this would be true for the one I;m on.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I feel like there's really three groups being discussed here: SH fans, post RE fans, and pre RE fans--interpret that, as you will! But basically, there are some die hard fans of RE that will love any RE game for being RE, and I don't get that with SH. They just like SH as it was, period. Less fan boys, I guess, which is a good and bad thing. I don't really see that as an issue of elitism, though.

Some Nights

No Shape
I think both groups are never pleased to be honest. The average Silent Hill fan especially (they trash anything that isn't SH 1-3.)

edit: I have nothing against either group obviously. I actually like SH more than RE. :oops:

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Hmm, this could go either way really. I know there's A LOT of SH fans that just write off anything Team Silent hasn't done. And there's fans of RE that think that anything RE4 or after is a travesty. But when I look at both sides(from my perspective, may it be a little limited), I'd say SH fans are more picky.

Personally I like RE more, but ironically I've been let down by RE more than SH(save ****tered Memories, I can't give it another chance). Just for the fact that I've never been let down by the story, and that recent titles have been more survival horror than anything I've played lately.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I say RE fans. Mainly because it's survived longer, and has a broader spectrum of fans. Silent Hill fans are nearly strictly horror. And RE fans have both horror and action. My roommate is a big fan of both. he's been with SH longer, but loves RE more.

AgentZero

I say RE fans. Mainly because it's survived longer, and has a broader spectrum of fans. Silent Hill fans are nearly strictly horror. And RE fans have both horror and action. My roommate is a big fan of both. he's been with SH longer, but loves RE more.
Actually silent hill is just about as old as RE.

AgentZero

[quote="KennedyKiller, post: 134548, member: 4509"Mainly because it's survived longer[/quote]

Top Bottom