• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil fans vs Silent Hill fans: Which group is the most elitist?

Elitist much?

• SH fans

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • RE fans

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Frenchman

Actually silent hill is just about as old as RE.

According to Wikipedia, the first RE was created in 1996 (the name was then Biohazard in Japan). Silent Hill came 3 years later. Have you ever heard about this 1996 RE game ? I don't recall ... the first RE was the 1998 one, right ?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
According to Wikipedia, the first RE was created in 1996 (the name was then Biohazard in Japan). Silent Hill came 3 years later. Have you ever heard about this 1996 RE game ? I don't recall ... the first RE was the 1998 one, right ?
The game came out in '96 but was set in '98.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
It took place in 1998, it was made in Japan as bio hazard in 1996. But yes I believe the first american game was the directors cut in 1998.

Frenchman

Ok.

Then for the topic question, I didn't even know this "war" between SH and RE fans exists. :confused:
I don't know who's more elitist, but I cant' say which one I prefer. SH is much more scary, and I like the adventure style (as was RE before) game. What I prefer in RE is the graphics, the places (mansion, police station, ...) and the battle stuff.
I prefer the ambiance of SH because you really feel as the lonely adventurer in a strange world, whereas in RE you feel like a soldier during a war. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom