• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil 7 Expectations

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Who mentioned anything about "scary"?

And all of what you said is subjective really, there are plenty of people who where in fact scared by Resident Evil that where not kids at the time, I had many teenage friends 16 and up that would still get jump scares out of Resident Evil Code Veronica for instance, so sorry but I'm not buying into the notion that "It was dashed after RE2", especially since Resident Evil Code Veronica to this day remains my favorite Resident Evil game.

And its not all about being scary either, its about survival as well as the horror.

Once again let me bring up Code Veronica, that was a game that created a lot of tense moments due to the need to conserve ammo and survive, something the newer games completely lack.

I remember my first time playing through the game and not using my ammo wisely, I ended up fighting the Tyrant on the plane with nothing but a handgun with 20 bullets and a bowgun with 4 explosive arrows, Needless to say it was a tense situation that made me value my ammo the next playthrough.
Eh. I guess it is subjective but I never found it scary just a fight for survival more than anything. So I didn't really take Survival Horror into account mainly Survival.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
To me Resident Evil is scary because it has realism to it. Because our government probably IS working on something like this and because it COULD become a catastrophe...Because someday the end WILL come and only the fittest will survive. That notion scares me more than anything in Silent Hill...

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
To me Resident Evil is scary because it has realism to it. Because our government probably IS working on something like this and because it COULD become a catastrophe...Because someday the end WILL come and only the fittest will survive. That notion scares me more than anything in Silent Hill...
Silent Hill is a mental train wreck you gotta stand Gordon Ramses for that shiz.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
But at the end of the day, it still feels fake compared to the possibilities of RE. I love SH. It's amazing, but it doesn't scare me as much from a realistic point of view.
I lost it in 2. It was a DOG that did it all.

After that I could not take it seriously

brandin

i think re7 would be awsome to have a massive open world enviroment with many locked doors and hidden passegways both main and side missions to complet without crazy action every minute being able to join online and play coop or run seperate missions simultaneously lots of wepons parts to be found and special ammo to create zombies only along with a few special b.o.w.s to chase you throughout the story depnding on the character you choose maybe add some vehicles to free ride all 3rd person p.o.v. add a couple tyrants bone chilling music horrifying backdrop emmersive lighting and story and boom f#%&ing dynomite anybody else with me?

H.U.N.K.

As far as the main game goes, I'd like to see something more "old school". I want to be scared. I want some tension around the next corner. I doubt I'll get what I want though.

My main concern is a mini-game. I sincerely hope they include Mercs again, and that it is more like RE5 mercs than it is RE6 mercs. RE6 mercs was total garbage. I've been really fortunate in my time on mercs to have played with some of the better players in the world. Most of them hated RE6 and wouldn't have anything to do with it. It was a very short-lived run on 6, unfortunately.

H.U.N.K.

i think re7 would be awsome to have a massive open world enviroment with many locked doors and hidden passegways both main and side missions to complet without crazy action every minute being able to join online and play coop or run seperate missions simultaneously lots of wepons parts to be found and special ammo to create zombies only along with a few special b.o.w.s to chase you throughout the story depnding on the character you choose maybe add some vehicles to free ride all 3rd person p.o.v. add a couple tyrants bone chilling music horrifying backdrop emmersive lighting and story and boom f#%&ing dynomite anybody else with me?

Open world would be totally sweet, I agree. And welcome to the forums too. Looks like you're new.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Open world is a cool concept for RE. But test the waters in a side game, before making the jump to the main series.

brandin

yea hunk im new im a huge die hard resient evil fan. i think re 1,2,3,and code veronica were the best emphasis on re2 and 3 absolutely love them 4 was good 5 was my least favorite never the less after playing for a whyle i was into it. had a blast playing 6 i really liked racoon city too as a side game it was interesting just a bitch to get matchmaking to work alot of the time at and am currently playing umbrella chronicles. dark side chronicles was fun and i recently watched gameplay of outbreak 1 and 2 look soo fun i hope they will be offered on playstation now in a few months when (pardon spelling) gaikhai is up and running. also had decent fun with revalations minus the horrible monster design but anywho im 30 iv been playing re games since the early 90s so even if re7 is just an abomination i will likely buy it play it and enjoy it but lets hope it blows our minds and melts our brains lol

weskerondope

i expect re7 to have pre rendered backgrounds, like re should have,
i expect fixed cameras, typewriters, maybe even zombies
if they do not deliver this, then i probably give up this series

but if im realistic i expect another garbage game like revelations that pretends to be old school
but is not old school at all in reality

the hope of resident evils future lies in the hands of team igas and the true fans

H.U.N.K.

i expect re7 to have pre rendered backgrounds, like re should have,
i expect fixed cameras, typewriters, maybe even zombies
if they do not deliver this, then i probably give up this series

but if im realistic i expect another garbage game like revelations that pretends to be old school
but is not old school at all in reality

the hope of resident evils future lies in the hands of team igas and the true fans

We've gotten so far removed from what RE started out being, that I'm not sure there is any going back. It would totally have to take some "purists" to make it happen and unfortunately, I'm not sure that will happen. I'm not banking on it.

It's unfortunate that RE has gotten caught up in trying to be what it isn't. Games like COD have had an inordinate amount of influence on the series it would seem. yet no one at Capcom (or those involved with the game's production) seem to understand that it's two different types of gamers that play these games. There seems to be the assumption that because "game A" is popular, we must emulate "game A". We must capture some of that market.

It's (or it was, I should say) a TOTALLY DIFFERENT type of gamer, looking for something totally different that invested in RE in the first place. To try and be like another game is only going to kill your franchise in the end. Capcom will still make their money off most of us for a while, but eventually it's just going to be a do or die situation where fans just give up and say the hell with it.

slack

You can take my word for it... they're NOT going to change the action shooter formula if anything they'll just try to staple it with some other new gimmicks like RE:Revelations.

If there is going to be a RE 7 its probably going to something like RE 6(or worse).

They might not do away with the action style shooting, but they do want to make it more survival horror oriented.
(For those of you that haven't seen this -- http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/15/capcom-discusses-the-future-of-resident-evil )

As for me, sad to say, but Resident Evil 6 completely diminished any high expectation or hype I had for the series. I really hope Capcom's successful in creating a TRUE survival horror game that meets the demands of modern day gaming; not sure how they could do that, but I hope they find a way.

For characters, it'd be nice if Jill and Claire come back, and I really hope they bring Alex Wesker into the picture. I miss Albert as the main villain. I could really care less about Jake, I didn't like him at all. I feel like his existence in the game was nothing more than a forced plot thickener and a reason to give a character martial art capabilities.

black 93

really hope they are making an RE7, one thing i hope they do with this game is focus more on the characters. For example if jill is in it, id like to see more of what happened to her between lost in nightmares and RE5 when wesker had her prisoner. They need to stop bringing in forgettable new characters like helena and sheva, who you literally hear nothing of after one game. To me the the main characters of RE are the ones that have been here from the begining, chris, jill, leon and claire. Id like to see more of their stories and their personal demons after all this time fighting bio terror. Id love a slower paced, story focused game about these guys that could tie up their loose ends or end their stories all together.

weskerondope

its not that i hated resident evil 6, first time i played i actually had lots of fun, i thought it was great
then i played it a second and a third time, and then i got tired allready
still not tired with resident evil 2 after all these years.

i have been collecting resident evil game for a long time,
but if capcom doesnt try to please us old school fans in any single way next time
then i think its no point in going on with this series, only good thing from the new games is the co op

black 93

I agree, I played RE2 and RE3 for the first time about 9 years ago and played them both again back to back the other day on my vita, the games still feel as amazing to play as it did all those years ago. same goes for remake, zero and RE4. I can play thru them in one sitting and not get bored or fancy a break, whereas 5 and 6 after a few chapters I get bored. Basically in the new games there's never a problem that can't be solved with a gun and that's just boring to me. The series doesn't stand out like it used to and if capcom can't get the hint after all the poor sales, bad reviews and fans tellin them what they want again and again, then sorry to say RE7 will be the last one I buy

weskerondope

yeah your right, i guess in a way its kinda up to us to say NO
and since crapcom wont listen to us just saying no then we can simply avoid buying the new games
thats the only way they will listen i suppose, i remember about a year ago when that broken 1.5 build came out
tottally unplayable glitchy garbage, however, i had more fun with that broken beta game than i had with
re5, revelations and re6 combined, thats when i realized that something was terribly wrong with the series
at first i thought it had to do with me, but apprently it doesnt

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
They might not do away with the action style shooting, but they do want to make it more survival horror oriented.
Desperate circumstances call for drastic measures! if they want to save Resident evil the only way they could do that is by taking away the action shooter aspect and focusing more on atmosphere and tension like they used to before.

If they are going to keep gambling on for another RE 4.they're not going to get it,as much as i love RE4 it still isn't a resident evil game.
They said the same sh!t before they released RE6 and we all know how that turned out to be.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
I think Dead Space 3 got the co op formula right. Totally optional, and adds to the story, but isn't necessary. I don't like co op games very much (where the partner becomes AI playing alone), but I do like the option of playing co op if a friend comes over. Even if it messed with the story routes a bit, it would make it more interesting. I liked RE1 and 2's multiple story lines, endings, options, unlocks, etc for different characters taking different routes. And I liked being able to "affect" the other game through my choices. Even the zapping system from RE0 would make an interesting alternative to co op. Running around with an invincible ally who gets stuck in weird loops doesn't appeal to me, but I think there's a few ways that they could please the co op fans while still making it feel more "classic".

Top Bottom