• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 6 complaint thread.

No I mean pressing the aim and fire button at the same time, all weapons do a character-specific quickshot. If you quickshot with Helena's hydra, she does a cool rolling around on the floor move. If you quickshot with Ada's bow, she does a backflip and automatically reloads.
Really? I'll definitely try it out, maybe I spoke too soon, i'll let you know how it turns out. I need to find a web page that shows all of the moves because the instructions fly by so quick on the load menu. So there's still a few moves I don't know. Thanks for the enlightenment. ^_^

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Here's a complaint: I think they made these mastery skills take way too long to unlock. I'm REALLY not looking forward to the machine pistol one...

Reactions: 013

No I mean pressing the aim and fire button at the same time, all weapons do a character-specific quickshot. If you quickshot with Helena's hydra, she does a cool rolling around on the floor move. If you quickshot with Ada's bow, she does a backflip and automatically reloads.
I tried it last night. Since it's limited it doesn't really do much for me regarding the bow, not to mention it would be awkward to backflip the whole time. But thanks for telling me anyway, it's still useful with the other characters and weapons.

Darkness

Infected
Here's a complaint: I think they made these mastery skills take way too long to unlock. I'm REALLY not looking forward to the machine pistol one...
Yeah I didn't ever plan to unlock all of them, just maybe the 5 or 6 useful ones, and none of the ammo ones because i had no idea what i'd use them for. Most of the masteries are just so useless, team up, field medic, eagle eye.

Champloo

Did anyone have any ammo problems with Chris campaign? I kept getting loads of ammo from Leons and Jakes campaigns, but found ammo was scarce with Chris campaign even though it was focused on being a army shooter.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I'm not saying I disliked RE6, just I don't think it's the best entry in the series. It didn't engage me as much as other RE games. I just started getting into one story and I feel like it ended too soon.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Oh my, the way the Agent was integrated into Ada's campaign sucks. He can't even open doors...

And, PS3 still doesn't have the new modes, which I hear suck anyway. I'm not buying them when they finally get released. I might get Last Stand and the rumored Claire scenario later down the road, though.

I seriously don't care anymore. I've advised two friends (who asked) to sell RE6 back before "the price gets cut any lower," and I mean it. I'd consider doing the same out of bitterness (if I sold back games--I don't unless desperate).

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
I'm not saying I disliked RE6, just I don't think it's the best entry in the series. It didn't engage me as much as other RE games. I just started getting into one story and I feel like it ended too soon.

when i first played my play through of RE6, i thought you had to look after your partner, like in RE5....(in RE5 you had to give your inventory,ammo,health items) cause the Prelude (introduction) playing as Leon and that part you had to give your A.I. partner Helena health tablets (it gave me the impression, that you had to look after your A.i. partner though-out and and the rest of the other campain scenarios)......but then....finding out that your A.I. partner actually doesn't die and has unlimited ammo, this is when i had called "Ridiculousry" on it (RE6) :confused:

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Oh my, the way the Agent was integrated into Ada's campaign sucks. He can't even open doors...

And, PS3 still doesn't have the new modes, which I hear suck anyway. I'm not buying them when they finally get released. I might get Last Stand and the rumored Claire scenario later down the road, though.

I seriously don't care anymore. I've advised two friends (who asked) to sell RE6 back before "the price gets cut any lower," and I mean it. I'd consider doing the same out of bitterness (if I sold back games--I don't unless desperate).

i hate to say it to you but there is no Last Stand mode, Last Stand mode was a place-holder for the mode that was not intended to be in RE6, which was Onslaught....i saw a hacked data dlc for it (and it's as Legit as Legit can get to me), in short Last Stand = Onslaught, and i really doubt it there is going to be a Claire Scenario as said scenario is already going to be on that Wii-U? (i think that's what the new nintendo console is called?) (source is from and Yessss....from a hacked dlc data, with that being said RE6 is a done deal with DLCs, the only extra stuff on it left are that retro skin, Siege mode and Map Pack B)

Flipqy42

Nevermore
when i first played my play through of RE6, i thought you had to look after your partner, like in RE5....(in RE5 you had to give your inventory,ammo,health items) cause the Prelude (introduction) playing as Leon and that part you had to give your A.I. partner Helena health tablets (it gave me the impression, that you had to look after your A.i. partner though-out and and the rest of the other campain scenarios)......but then....finding out that your A.I. partner actually doesn't die and has unlimited ammo, this is when i had called "Ridiculousry" on it (RE6) :confused:

Resident Evil Revelations had the same thing. The character you had to care about in terms of health and ammo was the one you were playing as. Your AI partner in Revelations might as well have not have been there at all.

btw, this never really bothered me, as I'm kind of selfish when playing games, so not having to worry about my partner was good (for me at least)

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Resident Evil Revelations had the same thing. The character you had to care about in terms of health and ammo was the one you were playing as. Your AI partner in Revelations might as well have not have been there at all.

btw, this never really bothered me, as I'm kind of selfish when playing games, so not having to worry about my partner was good (for me at least)

i just hope when the port version comes out (xbox 360 for me) that when you do the campain, going solo and that you have to look after your a.i. partner like in RE5, cause if not...."What.In.The.Actual.F***?" :confused: cause the "looking after your a.i. partner" thing in RE5, i really liked it....it gave me a challenge.

Eddges

Dunder Mifflin Paper Company
RE4 came out, people we're complaining about taking care of Ashley.
RE5 came out, people we're complaining about taking care of Sheva.
RE5 came out, people is complaining about not taking care about their AI's

This crazy world we live in...

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
RE4 came out, people we're complaining about taking care of Ashley.
RE5 came out, people we're complaining about taking care of Sheva.
RE5 came out, people is complaining about not taking care about their AI's

This crazy world we live in...

1. it's crazy world 2. as terms of the "taking care of your a.i partner" thing (whether one likes it or not) to me this seperates the "casual" (*cough*amatures*cough*) and the "ones that like a real challenge" type of players (i being the latter type) and finally.... 3. this is just my opinion and what i like

(the major reason why i "Really" like RE5, main for it's complex control mechanics and i find myself playing RE5 more as of recent, instead of RE6 "casualized control mechanics" (Yesss, i said it). the only time i go back to RE6 is when i want to do a round of Onslaught, and to be honest i am somewhat losing intrest in Onslaught; as of recent i've only played a few rounds of said mode on said game)

:p

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
it's been an intresting and fun ride (so to say) "RE6" but unless Capcom releases more characters (DLC wise) *cough*BSAA Jill-Retro S.T.A.R.S.Jill-RE3 Jill-Jessica Sherawat*cough* *cough*a 3-4 player Mercenaries (online play)*cough* sorry, but from what it looks like RE5 is going to be played more from me than RE6 :rolleyes:

*in which i think Capcom arn't going to release more extra/dlc content for RE6*

:rolleyes:

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Revelations is a better game in my opinion, it's more like classic RE, and it's nowhere near as linear as RE6.

Frenchman

In the Sherry scenario. How can one kill all the Javos when getting out of the detention room just with the electrical stick ?
And how can I find the pass code for the door in the lockers ? :confused:

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
In the Sherry scenario. How can one kill all the Javos when getting out of the detention room just with the electrical stick ?
And how can I find the pass code for the door in the lockers ? :confused:
You have to sneak during that part. Getting behind a J'avo and pressing the attack button with the Electric Rod will kill them in one hit. However, you'll need to watch what you do because as soon as you get spotted then you get infinite enemies. To get the passcode, you'll have to sneak in and get into one of the lockers that is facing the door and wait for a J'avo to go up to the door and punch in the passcode and you'll have to memorize that passcode because soon as he goes through the door the passcode disappears and you'll need that passcode again for another door. Also you'll have to do it fast because as soon as that J'avo goes through the door, another J'avo will immediatly appear in the locker room and you'll immediatly be spotted while putting in the passcode so you'll need to rush through the door and get to the last door and put the passcode in again. Also if you are spotted before the J'avo puts the passcode in then you'll have to fight some enemies and as soon as you defeat all of them then you'll have to get in the locker or you'll be spotted again.

Fenris

Wolf :)
Maybe I'm just doing something wrong. But does anybody else also have the problem, that in the QTE when you are moving the left analog stick, that you are suddenly in your inventory? It happens to me VERY often and it always causes a game over when I'm playing...

This is kinda a silly complaint, but I'm kinda getting tired of them forcing the, "Women" quote into Leon's dialog. It was funny in RE4 cuz Ada crashed the boat and was giving him a hard time, but now they just randomly add it in and it's annoying. I mean the name of his last cut scene is, "The trouble with women," and Helena shows him compassion by being considerate of his feelings for Ada and then he says it. Whether it was directed at Ada or Helena doesn't matter because there were so many more things he could have thought of or said that would have been way better.

They did it to Jake too. In the first chapter he made some remark about females and then when Ustanak attacked Sherry he said, "It's always something with women." Yes Jake, because a male partner would have totally turned about and drop kicked Usty. *rolls eyes*

I know I may sound like a stereotypical feminist right now. But those quotes just always seemed so forced and unnecessary.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
This is kinda a silly complaint, but I'm kinda getting tired of them forcing the, "Women" quote into Leon's dialog. It was funny in RE4 cuz Ada crashed the boat and was giving him a hard time, but now they just randomly add it in and it's annoying. I mean the name of his last cut scene is, "The trouble with women," and Helena shows him compassion by being considerate of his feelings for Ada and then he says it. Whether it was directed at Ada or Helena doesn't matter because there were so many more things he could have thought of or said that would have been way better.

They did it to Jake too. In the first chapter he made some remark about females and then when Ustanak attacked Sherry he said, "It's always something with women." Yes Jake, because a male partner would have totally turned about and drop kicked Usty. *rolls eyes*

I know I may sound like a stereotypical feminist right now. But those quotes just always seemed so forced and unnecessary.

They got that quote in Darkside Chronicles too, and I agree, it's getting a little tiring.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Maybe I'm just doing something wrong. But does anybody else also have the problem, that in the QTE when you are moving the left analog stick, that you are suddenly in your inventory? It happens to me VERY often and it always causes a game over when I'm playing...
Its not happened to me but you must have accidently pressed your Y or Triangle button.
A little tip for QTE is if its a rotate the right stick one, I take my right hand off the controller and use my index fingers on the stick instead of thumb and just rag it round using my whole hand to get the full force.

Top Bottom