• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 6 complaint thread.

Luna113304

[Insert custom title here]
Tell me again how Ada should wear a shirt that might prevent a bullet from piercing bare flesh and Leon should wear no shirt at all. :cool:
First off I didn't tell you anything, I made a suggestion for people who like Leon. I didn't say he should run around his campaign shirtless, just like Jake has his scene and then gets dressed. All I said missy.

Luna113304

Tell me again how Ada should wear a shirt that might prevent a bullet from piercing bare flesh and Leon should wear no shirt at all. :cool:
All I meant about Ada is just it just feels a bit unrealistic that she runs around without anything to really protect her and she knows what she'll be going up against. I mean, it just doesn't seem right to me, could be wrong but it's only my opinion which I shall keep.

Darkness

Infected
I know exactly what you said. You criticized Capcom's decision to give Ada aesthetics over functionality, while at the same time suggesting that Leon be given a specific scene to show off his aesthetics. :rolleyes:

Luna113304

I know exactly what you said. You criticized Capcom's decision to give Ada aesthetics over functionality, while at the same time suggesting that Leon be given a specific scene to show off his aesthetics. :rolleyes:
Well yes I did criticize their choice for her outfit because I don't believe it to be sensible. 'm simply suggesting a quick scene, not for him to run about half naked or exposed for the rest of the game. Just a scene like Jake's which lasted only a few minutes. So if I gave the impreession that I'd like him to run about without some sort of protection impression, not what I meant at all, simply that a quick scene woulda been cool, doesn't make the game bad about Ada, aside from her butt being thrust into the entire camera view at certain parts I thoroughly enjoyed her additional story. I'm simply saying if you're going to adhere to the Ada fans then why not the Leon fans and at the same time saying she could still wear sensible jeans that wouldn't make so much noise and still look sexy. It's possible. ^__^

Luna113304

In all honesty, it's just my opinion so I mean I'm not sure if this is a sorta debate but I hope you know it's all in good fun. I absolutely love this game, big fan of Resident Evil...cept the movies, it's a silly complaint, this Leon thing I'd like to see but it doesn't matter xp. I honestly just wanted to add it for funsies. Later.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Whenever I click quick match it doesn't put me in a match, rather it gives me a list of all the matches for me to choose, with the objective stated as well, so I'd fully know if someone was playing for fun or for a high score. I thought it was like this for everybody. Custom match gives me a list of only the objectives or maps I want.

oooh okay, i had assumed "quick match" puts the player in a random game....hence i assumed "quick match" does that, of what i said :p with this being, what you have said about the quick match system may or may not make me do a duos (being paired up with a random) match.

Darkness

Infected
oooh okay, i had assumed "quick match" puts the player in a random game....hence i assumed "quick match" does that, of what i said :p with this being, what you have said about the quick match system may or may not make me do a duos (being paired up with a random) match.
Yeah I assumed that at first too because that's how they use the feature in other games.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I don't get why I can't pause the game 95% of the time. There's only been a few instances where the game actually lets you during the campaign.

Darkness

Infected
I don't get why I can't pause the game 95% of the time. There's only been a few instances where the game actually lets you during the campaign.
When you start or continue your chapter or campaign, it will ask you a bunch of settings that you want, such as allow/don't allow infinite ammo, attack reaction, agent hunt settings, ect. The very top setting should have options like "public," private," system link," and "offline." You have to specifically be in "offline" mode to be able to pause the game, even if there's no one else in your game at the time.

Reactions: Jay

Leo33322

Whoever Ada Wong works for
Re6 is a very nice game but they're are some issues that re fans do not like....like how split screen looks messed up with both screens being cut off on different areas. Small things like that but other than that the game play story and extra content is well put into/fun.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
When you start or continue your chapter or campaign, it will ask you a bunch of settings that you want, such as allow/don't allow infinite ammo, attack reaction, agent hunt settings, ect. The very top setting should have options like "public," private," system link," and "offline." You have to specifically be in "offline" mode to be able to pause the game, even if there's no one else in your game at the time.
So that's why. That's weird because it was a few times I played online by myself and could still pause at some points.

Darkness

Infected
4 New complaints after a bunch of experience in mercs:

1. Meleeing on stairs. I don't know why, but a difference in elevation messes up the melee system completely. When you shoot an enemy in the head with any character and melee it, it will do a 1-hit-kill move, adding 5 secs to your time. If you quickshot, it will cause an enemy to reel back, allowing you to kick/backhand it, which knocks it to the ground in prone position, not killing it. When you do either melee attack while the enemy is above or below you on some stairs, it only does the less effective knockback melee, that you would normally get from a quickshot opening, never allowing you to do the headshot melee, even if you got a headshot.

2.The zombies with incendiary lanterns, you can find on the catacombs level. These guys swing their lanterns at you, which are pretty easy to counter, like the plank zombies. This would be a very effective way to combat them, except for the fact that when half of the characters do their unique counter, the lantern will explode after you're already done with the counter, damaging you. What's frusterating is it only happens with half of the characters, so every time I play this level I have to think "am I one of the characters that gets hurt by countering lanterns... hmmm," and sometimes I have to trial and error to find out. What am I supposed to do? Make a list of who can and can't counter lanterns or something? Was this even intentional on Capcom's part, or something that they just didn't think of.

3. I hate how jumping enemies, both zombies and bloodshots, can't be dodged by jumping backwards. I'll just be standing there, popping off shots at a bloodshot, when he gets into leaping position. There are walls on my left and right, so instinctual I just do a backwards hop onto my back. This spaces me twice as far from the bloodshot, and he lands his jump where I would have been before I jumped backwards. For some odd reason, however, his attack still lands, and he appears right on top of me. I'm like "dude, you landed 10 feet away, I dodged your ass, you can't just teleport like this."

4. I hate how when your partner goes into critical health mode, it turns your screen into a view of theirs, freezing you but not the enemies around you. I was shooting at a Lepotitsa who was a safe distance away, then suddenly the screen shows Chris going into red mode on the floor; When the screen goes back to my character, I'm already caught by the Lepotitsa and it's halfway through eating my face. It's like "what the **** Chris, your dying is causing me to die as well! ****!"

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
The lack of ammo is definitely a very bad point in this game. God, I'm in normal mode, what would it be in the hardest mode ? :D

Wow...people used to complain about how RE4/RE5 gave you too much ammo and there's no survival(which I don't agree with anyway), and now this? There's just no winning for Capcom.:confused:

The survival and the horror are still alive in RE! No need for illegit complaints about that.

Oh, and I've gotten some pretty BOSS scores in RE6 Mercs. With pretty much everybody except Piers and Ada, because those two characters suck. When you have to shoot an enemy in the head more than once, just to get them in that dazed/groggy state to where you can perform one of your melee's, especially the 1-hit kill move that you initiate by a headshot, it makes that character wayyy more difficult to use. Ada's TMP and Piers' single shot rifle don't do the trick, thus making them kind of useless. And you have to get an even higher score than normal in order to get an A with Ada anyway. WTF?

Otherwise, Leon, Chris and Jake are all my fav's to play with. Leon's handgun/shotgun combo is really nice. Chris' rifle is awesome, and he has a knife, nuff said, as he tears them zombies and J'uavo up with that thing. Nice to finally see Chris' knifesman skillz in an RE game. He's always carried a big knife, and we've never really seen him use it. RE1, RE5, etc, and now he's gutting zombies and all kinds of cool stuff. RE5 had that large knife strapped to his back, and he didn't once use it in cutscenes. There were like 2 QTE's in which he utilized his knife, that's it. And they weren't mandatory, in fact, you really have to go out of your way to get those QTE's.

Jake and his hand-to-hand is really fun to use to, and he has a pistol, that's all you need. Magnum for fatass Whoppers and other more difficult enemies.;)

Helena and Sherry can be played with too, and same with Carla. Though I wish that instead of making "Carla" a totally different character, they should've just given Ada an alt. costume with Carla's blue dress thing. JS

1. Meleeing on stairs. I don't know why, but a difference in elevation messes up the melee system completely. When you shoot an enemy in the head with any character and melee it, it will do a 1-hit-kill move, adding 5 secs to your time. If you quickshot, it will cause an enemy to reel back, allowing you to kick/backhand it, which knocks it to the ground in prone position, not killing it. When you do either melee attack while the enemy is above or below you on some stairs, it only does the less effective knockback melee, that you would normally get from a quickshot opening, never allowing you to do the headshot melee, even if you got a headshot.
Yeah, I thought about that too, perhaps it was the most important part.

I really do hate that, especially on the second level, with the J'uavo, it messes me up every time.

Darkness

Infected
Yeah, I thought about that too, perhaps it was the most important part.

I really do hate that, especially on the second level, with the J'uavo, it messes me up every time.

Yes! I hate the stairs on that level because there's so many of them. Whenever I see an enemy on some stairs, I always say "hey, come down here so I can kill you nice and proper!"

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
This isn't a complaint, but just something I noticed that doesn't make any sense. In Ada's campaign, there are various parts where finger prints are required to gain access to restricted areas. Okay. Simmons says she needs not to worry, her prints are on file. Still makes sense, I can live with that. But how on earth is she unlocking everything where prints are needed WHILE WEARING GLOVES??!!!!

Leo33322

Whoever Ada Wong works for
an easy thing to do on the stairs is shoot them in the head, slide into them and you get a gold coupe de grace or whatever. Sometimes the elevation can effect the move but just try to go to their side or back. No biggie with stairs because if it was normal then your character would fly everywhere doing melee attacks.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yes! I hate the stairs on that level because there's so many of them. Whenever I see an enemy on some stairs, I always say "hey, come down here so I can kill you nice and proper!"
Ditto.;)

Of course, the J'uavo always seem to dissapear whenever I need them for my combo, which is yet another reason I hate playing that level...

The 1st level with the zombies is great. The 3rd one, which also has zombies is nice too, although I don't play it as often because I can only take so many armour covered zombies before I get annoyed.

The only time I've ever owned on the 2nd level was with Leon. I was able to kill most with my handgun, and his shotgun was able to take on the bigger shell covered C-virus creatures. While Chris or Jake tend to run out of magnum ammo, thus not allowing me to take on those bigger enemies later on in the run.

Leon's Pirate attire is ownage too. Being able to stab and slice and dice with the bayonetta on the end of his rifle rocks!

Darkness

Infected
Ditto.;)

Of course, the J'uavo always seem to dissapear whenever I need them for my combo, which is yet another reason I hate playing that level...

The 1st level with the zombies is great. The 3rd one, which also has zombies is nice too, although I don't play it as often because I can only take so many armour covered zombies before I get annoyed.

The only time I've ever owned on the 2nd level was with Leon. I was able to kill most with my handgun, and his shotgun was able to take on the bigger shell covered C-virus creatures. While Chris or Jake tend to run out of magnum ammo, thus not allowing me to take on those bigger enemies later on in the run.

Leon's Pirate attire is ownage too. Being able to stab and slice and dice with the bayonetta on the end of his rifle rocks!
I've also been frustrated with the disappearing J'avo. I've studied their spawning patterns and noticed something. When you start the level, there are normal J'avo that parachute on to the top of the bridge. After about 30 of those, the creature types, Napads, Expoders, Grasshoppers, Pinchers, all come from below in the bottom level, then those all disappear around 100 kills, and it's back to parachuting regular J'avo up top. That last transition between creatures and topside J'avo is always where the combo disappears, because you can't get topside fast enough to keep it going. One of the ways to combat this is to wait until your nearing the transition point, and have a teamate run topside while you finish off the last couple creatures below, and then right when they're done, your partner who is already topside can start to pick of the J'avo up there while you run up there to meet up.

Top Bottom